Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Dyno results for 110 with 575 cam ??  (Read 16858 times)

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
Dyno results for 110 with 575 cam ??
« on: April 24, 2007, 11:44:43 AM »

Does anyone have dyno results for the 110 motor with the 575 cam installed? I would love to see what the bike is putting out with tru-dual Rineharts, high flow, TMAT, and 575 cam. I just ordered this cam and have been told that the results are incredible but I would love to see it on paper.  :2vrolijk_21:

Rhino

Re: Dyno results for 110 with 575 cam ??
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 12:03:14 PM »

I believe that Zippers has posted a map for exactly what you asked for on this website, under zippers. I recall it was 116 tq and 101 hp I think, as a direct bolt in, no mods necc. not bad for a few hundred bucks, for me that would equate to a +16HP and +12 TQ, but it comes on quicker. at 3500rpm for example, stock hp is 67, and the 575 is 78. Torque at 3500RPM is 100 stock and 116 w 575.  at 5500 rpm you are still holding 100 HP, while stock drops off to 85.  and stock torque drops to 80 lbs.   I think this would make the whole bike shift point lower, closer to 4800 or 5000, vs running it out to 6K neccessary now.  JMHO.

Personally, I am stock at 85 and 104, and with a little tweaking this cam would be sweet and reliable, bringing the 110 closer to running where is should, doing one thing, and that is taking out the EPA equation somewhat.  Oh, BTW, I think the benefit of a chain drive would work better vs gear, due to noise, and potential runout on the camshaft, which if out, would really require a teardown to fix it before you tried the close tole4rances of a gear system.  Cheaper and easier for the 'training wheel' 575 cam.

Rhino(beatingjesterssixmonthsinarowstock)

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 12:13:24 PM »

I should have be able to post one next week.  My bike goes in Friday to be dyno'd, with this exact set up except I have the SERT.

Later,
Ghost

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 01:34:23 PM »

Rhino - we can't buy the SERT over in England so now I'm interested in the TMAT auto. Last night one of the guys told me to contact you.    What can you tell me about it.  I don't get my SERK until next month but looking at these pages I'm trying to get a feel for the best buys.
Unfortunately over here I think we are lacking in our tech departments.  Any ideas, advice, good or bad welcome.
Cheers

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• Taillight Solutions
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 02:15:54 PM »

Yes, forgot about the pushrods, they are very strong.  As far as acheiving the numbers you want, you might wait and see what this cam really does first. You may be quite happy with the results.  The numbers John K got on their dyno were conservative.  The 575 does not like a higher compression, so that mod is out.  Also, I don't think that the limit has been reached on the existing TB, so that might not work either.  From what I see, this cam (575) is good for the stock upgrade. If you want more, then you need to find another matched set of components, including a new cam.  It's all in the proper mix.  Enjoy! I am curious to see if your rocker covers needed a bit of clearance. Are you going to check it and open the top? Just curious, since John said he had not seen one that was good.

Rhino

Thanks Rhino. I don't want to start dumping a ton of money into the motor just yet so I will try the 575 like you said and see what I get. I am NOT going to let another Goldwing walk all over me again  :coolblue:. Anyways, the installer is not going into the top of the motor unless he feels it needs to be opened up for the clearance issue to be addressed. John told me it may be OK but could not guarantee it and said it may make some noise. I don't know how much more labor the stealer would charge me to do that but I may approach the mechanic on the side and see if he can do the whole project on the side for cash !! If that is the case I know he will pull the tank and heads and grind down the small amount necessary to gain the required clearance. I just need to get the guy on the side when I am at the dealer and not jeopardize his reputation or job.

Rhino

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 08:36:23 PM »

The downside to the install 'on the side', is that godforsaken word....warranty.  Look, here is the bottom line at my dealership. If they install a cam, they will warranty the work. Any leaks, problems etc it's covered. The only thing that remains uncovered is the non-harley parts, and I have some good faith in Zippers. So does Harley.  If the work is done outside, nada is covered, and even though it may be gaskets that fail, it still is a PITA.  One other interesting thing, if the rocker cover needs a blem removed for clearance with the stock setup, and it is determined that it is rubbing, which I think it is, the clearancing will be covered under warranty, which means the labor for the tank removal and rocker access, and cleanup, (about one hour) will fall off the invoice.

NOTE: do not get into warranty with me or this post.  Next, I think that Goldwing will still win, unfortunately.

My dealer looks at each mod and manufacturer and the intent of the mod, and if it not pushing the motor, or harmful with an unknown, warranty ain't gonna be an issue. They want the revenue and have confidence in certain mods. Period.

NEXT:  Smiler....  www.zippersperformance.com   look up new stuff, New thundermax with autotune.  Go to the www.thunder-max.com    website also, and download the smartlink IV software, and the install manual and the quick install books. free.  You will think it is complicated, but it is not. The key is in the maps that ZIppers created. No dyno required, no outside tuner to mess things up.  The software code, to open it, is right in the manual, open sourced for everyone. 

It is really the best bet if you want to retain your independence, rather than paying a dealer for a tweak now and then.

Don't waste your money on a SERT. I have one, unfortunately locked to my ECM, but now I have the stock ECM and the SERT in the garage storage . Yes, it could be a combo to replace on a bike and have a nice sert and ecm setup, but it is not for sale at this time, but I don't know why..yet. 

Rhino

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 10:21:04 PM »

Rhino,

If you go with a cam setup might as well sell it since the map is for a stock cam / open breather :)
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• Taillight Solutions
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 01:04:48 AM »

The downside to the install 'on the side', is that godforsaken word....warranty.  Look, here is the bottom line at my dealership. If they install a cam, they will warranty the work. Any leaks, problems etc it's covered. The only thing that remains uncovered is the non-harley parts, and I have some good faith in Zippers. So does Harley.  If the work is done outside, nada is covered, and even though it may be gaskets that fail, it still is a PITA.  One other interesting thing, if the rocker cover needs a blem removed for clearance with the stock setup, and it is determined that it is rubbing, which I think it is, the clearancing will be covered under warranty, which means the labor for the tank removal and rocker access, and cleanup, (about one hour) will fall off the invoice.
NOTE: do not get into warranty with me or this post.  Next, I think that Goldwing will still win, unfortunately.

My dealer looks at each mod and manufacturer and the intent of the mod, and if it not pushing the motor, or harmful with an unknown, warranty ain't gonna be an issue. They want the revenue and have confidence in certain mods. Period.

NEXT:  Smiler....  www.zippersperformance.com   look up new stuff, New thundermax with autotune.  Go to the www.thunder-max.com    website also, and download the smartlink IV software, and the install manual and the quick install books. free.  You will think it is complicated, but it is not. The key is in the maps that ZIppers created. No dyno required, no outside tuner to mess things up.  The software code, to open it, is right in the manual, open sourced for everyone. 

It is really the best bet if you want to retain your independence, rather than paying a dealer for a tweak now and then.

Don't waste your money on a SERT. I have one, unfortunately locked to my ECM, but now I have the stock ECM and the SERT in the garage storage . Yes, it could be a combo to replace on a bike and have a nice sert and ecm setup, but it is not for sale at this time, but I don't know why..yet. 

Rhino

Ok, so how will I know if there is a clearance issue after the install? Does the new cam cause the problem or is it already having a clearance problem with the stock setup (how do I know) ? This is going to be a major issue for me when it comes to getting this covered under warranty. In addition, the dealer quoted another six hours of time to pull the heads and do the grinding. How can that take six hours ? I could probably do it faster !!! This is really confusing, I may have to call John at Zippers to discuss this issue.

I am already running the TMAT and have the new map downloaded for when the new cam is installed. What a PITA this is becoming.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 01:16:31 AM »

Ok, so how will I know if there is a clearance issue after the install? Does the new cam cause the problem or is it already having a clearance problem with the stock setup (how do I know) ? This is going to be a major issue for me when it comes to getting this covered under warranty. In addition, the dealer quoted another six hours of time to pull the heads and do the grinding. How can that take six hours ? I could probably do it faster !!! This is really confusing, I may have to call John at Zippers to discuss this issue.

I am already running the TMAT and have the new map downloaded for when the new cam is installed. What a PITA this is becoming.

You don't have to pull the heads to clearance the rocker boxes. And the cam you're talking about is bolt-in. So, there shouldn't need any special or extra work. If they install the cams, they should be making sure the rocker boxes are clearanced. Anyone doing the job and not clearancing everything, shouldn't be doing the job. It's all part of the job to do things right! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• Taillight Solutions
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 10:41:06 AM »

You don't have to pull the heads to clearance the rocker boxes. And the cam you're talking about is bolt-in. So, there shouldn't need any special or extra work. If they install the cams, they should be making sure the rocker boxes are clearanced. Anyone doing the job and not clearancing everything, shouldn't be doing the job. It's all part of the job to do things right! Hoist! 8)

That makes sense but the dealer said they would NOT have to go into the upper part of the motor if I used adjustable pushrods. Is this possible or does the rocker covers still have to be removed regardless for a proper install ? Also, how long should that take ? The second STEALER I spoke with yesterday quoted another 5-6 hrs labor to pull the rocker box covers / lowers. I HATE that I don't have the knowledge to do this job myself. I DON'T trust what dealers tell me, this is why I am on these forums.

Also, the guy I spoke with yesterday at the STEALER told me to NOT believe everything I read on the internet forums because the information is usually wrong. He also denied that the 110 engines have been having heat related problems in stock form and doesn't know why they would. He also had nothing nice to say about Zippers products after I told him where I was getting the cam  :furious2:

So I guess CVO owners on these forums are planning a conspiracy to sabotoge the reputation of the new 110 powerplant and are fabricating the problems they have been posting. WHAT A JOKE !!!! I am really close to just cancelling this entire project and leaving that BS SE255 crap cam in the motor. This is really becoming an issue on my end with finding a good honest qualified installer who will NOT talk trash about Zippers products because they couldn't sell me their crap.

Sorry about the rant !!!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 10:43:27 AM by copout221 »

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 11:34:56 AM »

copout221,

I hear your pain.  Every time I talk to someone at a dealership they seem to think we are stupid or something for using anything but what they have to sell.  (Got a raft a sh*t from one dealer 'cause I didn't replace dunlops with dunlops, went across town to another dealer (looking for a part...) and got chit cause I didn't replace the dunlops with Metz's (I run Avons for the higher load rating).

Regarding the "internet provides wrong information" comment from the tech,  this forum is my PRIMARY source of technical information and support for maintaining/improving my scoot (along with the manuals and beer).  I could have never have replaced my handlebars nor found my head gasket leak without the smart guys here!

I hope you don't give up on these new cams as they would be my next OCD upgrade and 2lane does not want to hear about me whining how hard it is!   :P

Good luck,

Mark

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 11:36:11 AM »

Not knowing the 110 and how it differs from the 103, the main reason that us 103 people went with gear drive is to eliminate the cam chain tensioner failures that were happening regularly
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 02:07:21 PM »

That makes sense but the dealer said they would NOT have to go into the upper part of the motor if I used adjustable pushrods. Is this possible or does the rocker covers still have to be removed regardless for a proper install ? Also, how long should that take ? The second STEALER I spoke with yesterday quoted another 5-6 hrs labor to pull the rocker box covers / lowers. I HATE that I don't have the knowledge to do this job myself. I DON'T trust what dealers tell me, this is why I am on these forums.

Also, the guy I spoke with yesterday at the STEALER told me to NOT believe everything I read on the internet forums because the information is usually wrong. He also denied that the 110 engines have been having heat related problems in stock form and doesn't know why they would. He also had nothing nice to say about Zippers products after I told him where I was getting the cam  :furious2:

So I guess CVO owners on these forums are planning a conspiracy to sabotoge the reputation of the new 110 powerplant and are fabricating the problems they have been posting. WHAT A JOKE !!!! I am really close to just cancelling this entire project and leaving that BS SE255 crap cam in the motor. This is really becoming an issue on my end with finding a good honest qualified installer who will NOT talk trash about Zippers products because they couldn't sell me their crap.

Sorry about the rant !!!

Hey CO, you can do the job without removing the rocker boxes, by using the adjustable pushrods, as the dealer stated. There are known issues with the rocker box clearance, even in stock form. Your choice would be to have them removed and clearanced, or let them do the job their way and clearance them under w.....ty if it becomes necessary. The first way, you know the job is done right, but you paid for it. The second way, you don't pay, but risk doing other damage besides just the rocker boxes. I'd do the job right from the beginning if it were my bike. Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 04:32:43 PM »

Hoist / Copout,

If you have an issue / possible clearance issue I would recommend that you clearance them from the start,  I had a set that werent clearanced cause they thought they could get away with it on the 05 cherry with a cam change.   The Rocker Box lower cracked and oil went all over the heads burned in / dried and stained the heads.   I still have the heads here and it isnt worth the hassle of hoping you go back and have no issues.   The rockerbox cracked in the corner under the stress where you are supposed to relieve the heads.   

I know it was not a 110, but clearancing is clearancing,
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 04:36:22 PM »

Hoist / Copout,

If you have an issue / possible clearance issue I would recommend that you clearance them from the start,  I had a set that werent clearanced cause they thought they could get away with it on the 05 cherry with a cam change.   The Rocker Box lower cracked and oil went all over the heads burned in / dried and stained the heads.   I still have the heads here and it isnt worth the hassle of hoping you go back and have no issues.   The rockerbox cracked in the corner under the stress where you are supposed to relieve the heads.   

I know it was not a 110, but clearancing is clearancing,

Thanks Harry, your English is more eloquent than mine, I guess. That's what I was trying to say to CO in my previous post. If it were my bike, I'd do the job right, from the inception, instead of waiting to see if there's a problem, to avoid paying to have them clearanced. We're on the same page with this! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 21 queries.