Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Miles or Post's  (Read 4920 times)

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
Miles or Post's
« on: May 01, 2007, 02:01:18 AM »

In the spirit of the forum and always adding a little bit of good fun. How many people have less miles on their bike this year than post on the forum. I know riding season is limited for some but it should be riding season for just about everyone now. Another question is do you spend more time on your bike in the wind or on your computer in the house?

I am sure this will bring some good discussion and excuses...lol

Mark

BTW 221 post 4531 miles year to date.

equals 20.5 miles per post
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
Re: Miles or Post's
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 02:38:30 AM »

Right now i got both bikes down.Some one hit the fatboy while parked and i need a rear fender.Custom bike lost its belt and its in the shop.So for another week thats all i can do stay on the computer.But i got a similar count like 20 miles per post. :drink:
Ridin Legend

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 09:17:47 AM »

As for me, I ride 18,000 - 20,000 miles per year, so I don't think my posts will ever be more than my miles...
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 11:40:23 AM »

As for me, I ride 18,000 - 20,000 miles per year, so I don't think my posts will ever be more than my miles...

10,000 miles on LD in 6 months, another 1,500 on Elvis  Post average 6.something a day  So, doing the math, that works out to 23,000 miles a year versus 2,000 posts  I think I'm in there with you Ernie

B B

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 01:14:53 PM »

I'm roughly at a 3 to 1 ratio with miles winning out Since I have been on this site I posted in the ballpark of 2000 and rode 6500 miles. Whatever.  Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 01:18:44 PM »

3700 and change posts since last April...12,000 and change miles on SEUC since picking bike up in June. 1800 miles on SEVROD since late August. 1200 miles on Ducati since last May, but now it's sold.  Avg posts per day 9.5, give or take a few tenths.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 01:24:34 PM »

Current post count is 278 or around 3 per day average.  But out of the 278, only 5 were worth reading, so according to my math if I ride 14-15k per year then its 5k per post.

Using other math it's around 15 posts per mile.

According to most fence builders, that is nowhere near enough posts:

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 03:17:16 PM »

In the spirit of the forum and always adding a little bit of good fun. How many people have less miles on their bike this year than post on the forum. I know riding season is limited for some but it should be riding season for just about everyone now. Another question is do you spend more time on your bike in the wind or on your computer in the house?

Good questions...........

There was a conversation on the ride this weekend about those who spend more hours on this web site than in the saddle?  And not that they spend any time on this site (they're not even members of this forum) but I met guys that have never even been out of the state on their bikes.  Now Calif. is a big enough state to go a hell of a lot of places and still be in the state.  But I'll admit that I was surprised.  Everybody is not a rider to the point that many of us are. :nixweiss:

And a side note........maybe it should be hours in the saddle vs. hours on the net.  If you spend most of your time in mountains or along the coast riding, while you're going to clock many, many hours in the saddle, that would not equate to many miles.  While those traveling the interstates will run the miles up in short order.  Just an after thought.......... :confused5:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 03:22:21 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 03:28:28 PM »

How true, JC...I was talking to a guy Sunday who has an 05 SEFB and he put 330 miles on it last year. His Street Glide has 6K on it though.

There are a LOT of people out there I talk to who putt around on the weekends and never really go anywhere on the bike other than very near home....nothing wrong with that, because then they don't need to spend money on GPS, Corbin Seats, etc, etc... ;)  My problem is not having enough time right now to go the places I really want to go.  Next year, come hell or high water, I'm going to be at least out in the NM, AZ, UT, CO, ID, MT, WY area for at least 2 weeks. :2vrolijk_21:

TTS Mastertune

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 03:33:43 PM »

Next year, come hell or high water, I'm going to be at least out in the NM, AZ, UT, CO, ID, MT, WY area for at least 2 weeks. :2vrolijk_21:

Don't forget that you and Suzanne still have a standing invitation here in Calif. too! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 03:40:51 PM »

Not 100% sure what the current stats are, but recall a remark from an HD sales guy that 6k is about average for yearly Harley mileage.

We know some folks who trailer EVERYWHERE - even on 100 mile overnights.  We regularly ride 100+ miles just to eat lunch or see some damn thing somewhere.

Terry, our trip out west last year on the bike was the best.  Great roads, great scenery, great people.  Went through the SD,WY,MT area.  Next trip will include more states and we may get to the PCH in Cali but it will take more than 2 weeks to geterdone.  Will likely get to TX this year to visit family and re-live some old riding experiences here and there.  Trouble is, lots of those 2 lane pig trail country roads are now 4-6 lanes passing through subdivisions. Sure we can find something further out though to our liking.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 05:03:11 PM »

I am sure this will bring some good discussion and excuses...lol

Mark

BTW 221 post 4531 miles year to date.

equals 20.5 miles per post

BACK IN THE 70'S BIKERS THAT COULD NOT AFFORD BIKES ALWAYS HAD ALL THE GEAR SUCH AS CHAIN DRIVE BELTS, WALLETS, HD TEE SHIRTS, BOOTS ECT. ECT.ECT. BETTER KNOWN AS SIDEWALK COMMANDOS , I QUESS KNOW SINCE WE HAVE IT ALL WE WOULD BE PC  COMMANDO'S.
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007, 05:17:42 PM »

BACK IN THE 70'S BIKERS THAT COULD NOT AFFORD BIKES ALWAYS HAD ALL THE GEAR SUCH AS CHAIN DRIVE BELTS, WALLETS, HD TEE SHIRTS, BOOTS ECT. ECT.ECT. BETTER KNOWN AS SIDEWALK COMMANDOS , I QUESS KNOW SINCE WE HAVE IT ALL WE WOULD BE PC  COMMANDO'S.

Gettinold,

This reminds me of a great T-shirt I had back in the 80's that said "I own a Harley Not just a T-shirt" it was given to me from the dealer when I bought my first Heritage back in 86' Wonder where that shirt ever went???

Mark
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2007, 05:24:23 PM »

I suspect riding is pretty cyclical for most people?  For me, i rode a ton in the early 90s when i was single and my only vehicle was a Harley.  Over the past 10 years, i have been busy having babies but just over the past year or so have rediscovered my passion for the bikes and started riding more often.  Since i spend most of my day in front of a computer, the computer is winning out over the Harley - BUT, the harley is starting to catch up!!

best,

Free

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 05:33:34 PM »

Don't forget that you and Suzanne still have a standing invitation here in Calif. too! :2vrolijk_21:

JC...visiting you guys is on my list too!!  If I could stretch this thing into more than 2 weeks, we might pay a visit for a night and you and anyone else could ride a bit along the way with us.  I'd love to do the PCH.  I've been from Santa Fe, Taos, Durango, Mesa Verde, Telluride, Silverton, Ouray, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Gunnison...but it was all in a cage taking photographs and doing some high altitude hiking/backpacking.  Would like to ride some of those roads again, and add quite a few to them.  To save a few days, I might ship and ride back, like you guys did.

Has anyone ever considered a CVO GTG in somewhere like Durango or Taos?  Seems those two places would be good places to have one.  Or we could just take over Silverton....

Either way, the bike is going to see some serious miles next year.

TTS Mastertune
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 22 queries.