Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Happy Deuceday!  (Read 3076 times)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
Happy Deuceday!
« on: May 01, 2007, 02:21:32 PM »

Today, I re-instated full insurance on the Deuce in preparation for the first ride of the year when I am done working!  Woohoo...especially with the Ultra in for a 25K service.  Now that the bike is beyond the original 4 year warrantee the dealer included it is time to think of something performance related for this bike to give it a little more pep...

Maybe some new jugs and heads powdercoated and diamond cut as part of a zippers muscle build over next winter?  But I do hate the thought of giving up the Big Radius 2-2 pipes...need to find a way to build up but still keep the pipes...

/Bill

Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

Re: Happy Deuceday!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 07:51:55 AM »

Good start to the year getting in 98 miles with stops for the yearly inspection sticker (as I told the inspector...I have stock pipes...in the basement) and then some adult beverages at the British Beer Company and dinner at Curley's...rain this morning is supposed to end by noon...may get in another nice ride this evening...as I've said before, I love this bike!

RedFXR2

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 11:49:46 AM »

Maybe some new jugs and heads powdercoated and diamond cut as part of a zippers muscle build over next winter? 

Just to help you visualize the powdercoat and diamond cut thing.  I know this is an Evo, but you get the idea.   Might look real nice in that black/gold bike.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 12:31:06 PM »

Just to help you visualize the powdercoat and diamond cut thing.  I know this is an Evo, but you get the idea.   Might look real nice in that black/gold bike.

Thanks!

My first thought was the Maroon color found in the pinstriping but with the bottom of the tank black I am not so sure!

/Bill

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 08:12:49 AM »

Again last night, the Deuce took me to a couple of my favorite watering holes as part of a 50 mile ride, Emma's and a return to Curley's...but I must admit, I have been riding the Ultra so much that some of the habits developed for that bike carryover to the Deuce....when they shouldn't!  Things like locking the bike.  I walked out of Curley's and realized that I have been turning the ignition switch to ACC before locking...Doh!

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 06:36:26 AM »

This is getting monotonous...the Deuce demanded to go for a ride yesterday so who was I to argue...put on about 80 more miles stopping for dinner and adult beverages at the Great American Pub in Raynham and you guessed it, for a third day, ended the ride at Curley's...and was abused by the staff for it!  Gonna have to find a place for ME and the Deuce where Anne has never been and will not go....hmmmmmmmmm...where would that be......

Already have 230 miles for the year on the bar hopper...but got the call last night that the ultra is ready for pickup...

/Bill

RedFXR2

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 09:03:59 AM »

This is getting monotonous...the Deuce demanded to go for a ride yesterday so who was I to argue...

No way.  Keep it up, I'm enjoying it.  My bike's been down in the garage for a couple of weeks now while I ponder an electrical problem that left me stranded in the boonies.  I haven't coasted to the shoulder in silence in a long time--I had forgotten what a bummer that can be.  Then when I got it home and was looking it over, I discovered a place in my fuel line that was wearing through rubbing against the upper engine mount.  Not leaking yet, but a potential big disaster in the making.  Anyway, I'm doing my riding vicariously through you while I wait on parts.

Gonna have to find a place for ME and the Deuce where Anne has never been and will not go....hmmmmmmmmm...where would that be......

Well, there's always the J&S Fish Camp.

http://jsfishcamp.com/

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 04:32:17 PM »

Again last night, the Deuce took me to a couple of my favorite watering holes as part of a 50 mile ride, Emma's and a return to Curley's...but I must admit, I have been riding the Ultra so much that some of the habits developed for that bike carryover to the Deuce....when they shouldn't!  Things like locking the bike.  I walked out of Curley's and realized that I have been turning the ignition switch to ACC before locking...Doh!

Did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Got off the SED and turned it to ACC, just so used to the SEEG. Got back on her later and couldn't understand why she was almost dead. Rode her to work, did the same stupid thing again and when I came out at the end of the day, she was dog dead. Then I looked down and saw what I'd done. What a dumbass, I said to myself.
Going on a nice all day ride in the morning and with the SEEG still in the shop, good thing I plugged the trickle charger up to her the other day.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 05:20:16 PM »

MJZ,

I was lucky it was only an hour or so!

Well, the Ultra will be picked up tomorrow but Anne is home and wants to ride so looks like a threesome tonight.  I just put the backrest on and returned to the stock seat...those backrest bolts are a PITA...I need to find a way to leave the mount on when I go to the solo seat...maybe some fancy bolts coming through (new holes in )the plastic fender cover...

Can you guess where we will end up tonight???

/Bill

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 08:20:10 PM »

MJZ,

I was lucky it was only an hour or so!

Well, the Ultra will be picked up tomorrow but Anne is home and wants to ride so looks like a threesome tonight.  I just put the backrest on and returned to the stock seat...those backrest bolts are a PITA...I need to find a way to leave the mount on when I go to the solo seat...maybe some fancy bolts coming through (new holes in )the plastic fender cover...

Can you guess where we will end up tonight???

/Bill

i'm stuck on call this weekend but your welcome to drop in after picking up the Ultra
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 10:28:21 PM »

Just got back from a nice all day ride on the deuce and I realize the SEEG has spoiled me rotten. The SED is great for a bar hopper but after about 150 miles my ass was killing me. Give me my Corbin or keep the ride under 150. >:(

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 11:26:10 AM »

X2 - The SEd is definintely not the most comfortable bike around. After buring a tankful, you really need a little break.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 11:54:11 AM »

But I must say that the stock seat is a dream compared to the solo I run with...think I will ride the thocker all season this year!

/Bill

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.