Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: What Cleaner Is Best???  (Read 25486 times)

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
Re: What Cleaner Is Best???
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 09:57:32 PM »

The best polish out there is Glare.  I purchase Glare Polish, Glare Quick Shine, Glare Leather.  They are great products.  The Glare Quick shine is not as quick to use as the Harley spray or S-100. 

Sgt-
What other products did you try before Glare. Just curious. I've just bought some Glare and haven't had a chance to put it through the paces yet, but will post a review afterwards.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 08:05:09 PM »

You should first start with a visit to the Fired00d School of Harley-Davidson Detailing

Agreed !!!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2007, 07:52:41 AM »

We just saw Gary's pumpkin  :pumpkin: again a couple of weeks ago.  And of course, our bikes were still showing that we had got caught in a torrential downpour day before, so were looking particularily bad.  But Jamey just hates looking at that gorgeous black and oranage pumkin of his.  There is no doubt that a lot of detailing time goes into that bike.  I'd take any tips offered by Fired00d, his bike shows he knows what he is talking about.  Proof in this case is in the amount of gleam.   :cherry:

2006_CVO_HD

• 2008 FLHTCUSE-3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE-3/White Frost & Silver Mist
    • www.harleydavidsonbikers.com
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 08:45:21 AM »

I am very anal and want to keep my bike clean and shiny.

I'm with ya there my brudda!!!!!!  :coolblue:

Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash System
S100 Total Cycle Cleaner
Zymol Wax
LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU GET ONE!!!!!!

REGGAB

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 09:33:20 AM »

That S100 Total Cycle Cleaner is some caustic chit.  If you don't get it all off and out of every nook and cranny, it'll leave a white residue that is pure he!! to remove.  Not for me.  I've never used it on my SEUC.  I learned my lesson with that stuff on my old softail back in 2003.  Took me all summer to get that chit off my bike, and that was after following the directions and COMPLETELY and thoroughly rinsing the machine.  So.............today I use Harley sunwash to wash the bike, and Harley wheel and tire cleaner for those areas.  Ammonia free windex on the powdercoated engine, transmission, primary areas, Glare products and plenty of microfiber cloths.  It takes me about one 12 pack of Yuengling Light and copious amounts of Sirius Channel 14 Classic Vinyl to get through a complete cleaning, but she sure looks schweeeeeeet when I get finished.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 11:35:03 AM by REGGAB »

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 09:44:10 AM »

The Glare products can't be beat in my opinion, and for a fast dust off I use ProtectAll on everything.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 10:15:45 AM by grandpadoc »

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007, 10:00:01 AM »

That S100 Total Cycle Cleaner is some caustic chit.  If you don't get it all off and out of every nook and cranny, it'll leave a white residue that is pure he!! to remove.  Not for me.  I've never used it on my SEUC.  I learned my lesson with that stuff on my old softail back in 2003.  Took me all summer to get that chit off my bike, and that was after following the directions and COMPLETELY and thoroughly rining the machine.  So.............today I use Harley sunwash to wash the bike, and Harley wheel and tire cleaner for those areas.  Ammonia free windex on the powdercoated engine, transmission, primary areas, Glare products and plenty of microfiber cloths.  It takes me about one 12 pack of Yuengling Light and copious amounts of Sirius Channel 14 Classic Vinyl to get through a complete cleaning, but she sure looks schweeeeeeet when I get finished.

Yeah same thing with me on the s100...used it once...never again!
I am yet to find a spray on rinse off that actually works?

I just use a mild wash with carnuba in it and dry it off good with
microfiber towels...and every now and them put a little wax on it. I actually
like turtle wax chrome polish better than semichrome polish...just cause its easier
to get off and it shines just the same.

The only thing I use that works...but scares me...is a brillo pad on the chrome
pipes where something get burnt on...works likes magic...doesnt scratch...and
has saved hours trying to get stuff off the pipes.

DisAir
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

woohoorider

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2007, 11:40:20 AM »

Have any of you guys ever used White Diamond? I use it and wouldn't use anything else. No residue, removes all road grime and bugs, no scratching. Costs about 25 bucks and goes a long way. First I wash with Mr. Clean Auto Wash and use my leaf blower to dry. Hope that helps

REGGAB

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2007, 11:43:08 AM »

Yeah same thing with me on the s100...used it once...never again!
I am yet to find a spray on rinse off that actually works?

I just use a mild wash with carnuba in it and dry it off good with
microfiber towels...and every now and them put a little wax on it. I actually
like turtle wax chrome polish better than semichrome polish...just cause its easier
to get off and it shines just the same.

The only thing I use that works...but scares me...is a brillo pad on the chrome
pipes where something get burnt on...works likes magic...doesnt scratch...and
has saved hours trying to get stuff off the pipes.

DisAir

Yeah, Hey Barry, so you're saying I can use brillo pads............the same ones that come in a box with the soap impregnated in them that Renea uses to to clean baked on stuff from her baking pans.............to get the burned on oil, from my oil cooler hose failure in DC, off the bottom of my new mufflers Terry sold to me, and it won't scratch them one bit?  That'd be cool, cause Simichrome is taking FOREVER!  I'm not gonna try it until I get an answer back from you............seems like it would do more harm than good, but if you tell me it will get the burned oil off and won't harm my mufflers, then I trust ya Bro!

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2007, 10:34:05 PM »

Yeah, Hey Barry, so you're saying I can use brillo pads............the same ones that come in a box with the soap impregnated in them that Renea uses to to clean baked on stuff from her baking pans.............to get the burned on oil, from my oil cooler hose failure in DC, off the bottom of my new mufflers Terry sold to me, and it won't scratch them one bit?  That'd be cool, cause Simichrome is taking FOREVER!  I'm not gonna try it until I get an answer back from you............seems like it would do more harm than good, but if you tell me it will get the burned oil off and won't harm my mufflers, then I trust ya Bro!

Yeah...

Exactly what I said when someone told me! Then I gave it try and the crap came right off...I was killin myself with chrome polish with poor results.

I just wet the pipe and the brillo and the stuff comes off quick!!! No scratches or nothing. I have the D&D fatcats and have noticed no ill effects. But I have to beleive that on cheep chrome it might be taking layers off...but I havent seen any ill effects and thats all I use to get burnt rubber and paint off the pipes now.

Barry
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

REGGAB

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2007, 10:51:33 PM »

Yeah...

Exactly what I said when someone told me! Then I gave it try and the crap came right off...I was killin myself with chrome polish with poor results.

I just wet the pipe and the brillo and the stuff comes off quick!!! No scratches or nothing. I have the D&D fatcats and have noticed no ill effects. But I have to beleive that on cheep chrome it might be taking layers off...but I havent seen any ill effects and thats all I use to get burnt rubber and paint off the pipes now.

Barry

Thanks Barry!  Blood pressure up.  Nerve pill down the gullet.  Beer in hand.  Music CRANKED!  Brillo on.  I'll let you know how it works out.  DAMN this is scary.   :sweatdrop:

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2007, 04:47:15 AM »

I must admit that I too am a loyal fan of the Harley cleaning agents after falling fowl of the dreaded 100 products. 

I would like to know fow to protect the chrome wheels (particularly the rear) after cleaning and polishing.  I heard some company (on a TV advert), claims it protects from brake dust etc, anyone heard anything.  It may be the company that supplies Ultraseal for tyres... ???

REGGAB

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2007, 08:18:25 AM »

I must admit that I too am a loyal fan of the Harley cleaning agents after falling fowl of the dreaded 100 products. 

I would like to know fow to protect the chrome wheels (particularly the rear) after cleaning and polishing.  I heard some company (on a TV advert), claims it protects from brake dust etc, anyone heard anything.  It may be the company that supplies Ultraseal for tyres... ???

Glare, my friend, Glare!  You gotta believe.  That stuff is the schizzle!  Get some.  Use it.  Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated!   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2007, 05:21:56 PM »

Glare, my friend, Glare!  You gotta believe.  That stuff is the schizzle!  Get some.  Use it.  Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated!   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Go on then, if I canget it I will try it BUT what about wheel protection? :confused5:

vjtaz

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2007, 07:16:00 PM »

I used ADAMS Pink Detail Spray, in my opinion it worked very well.

VJTAZ
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.