Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hydraulic Clutch Adjustment  (Read 1918 times)

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
Hydraulic Clutch Adjustment
« on: May 13, 2007, 12:11:17 PM »

I am trying to find out if there is an adjusting nut like the standard clutch has inside the case. Thanks Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Rhino

Re: Hydraulic Clutch Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 02:14:26 PM »

I recall hearing there is NO adjustment. Wanted to make sure enough play in lever, seems to close to a slip potential. Stealer said nope.

Rhino(ifiloseitsbecauseofthatclutchleverslip)

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 02:17:28 PM »

I recall hearing there is NO adjustment. Wanted to make sure enough play in lever, seems to close to a slip potential. Stealer said nope.

Rhino(ifiloseitsbecauseofthatclutchleverslip) I know that i can't adjust it at the lever but I used to adjust the inside of the case adjusting nut a little one full turn instead of the 1/2 turn in the manual. i don't have the SERK manual yet. Thanks for the help Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 05:37:44 PM »

The hydraulic clutch is not adjustable. Clutch wear is handled in the same manner that brake pad wear is compensated for in your disc brakes.

djkak

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 06:04:54 PM »

The hydraulic clutch is not adjustable. Clutch wear is handled in the same manner that brake pad wear is compensated for in your disc brakes.

djkak

DITTO !

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 10:11:56 PM »

Thanks for the help Billy

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 11:01:37 AM »

When I first got my bike I peeled of all the stickers  including a transparent piece of vinyl material with the following admonition:

DO NOT REMOVE COVER
                             The fluid level is factory set and checked.
                          The hydraulic clutch is self compensating for wear.
                               No mechanical adjustments are required.
                                                                                     148010-03

I just ran across this label stuck on my tool box this weekend while wrenching on my wife's bike.

Dan

'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 11:06:15 AM »

When I first got my bike I peeled of all the stickers  including a transparent piece of vinyl material with the following admonition:

DO NOT REMOVE COVER
                             The fluid level is factory set and checked.
                          The hydraulic clutch is self compensating for wear.
                               No mechanical adjustments are required.
                                                                                     148010-03

I just ran across this label stuck on my tool box this weekend while wrenching on my wife's bike.

Dan Thanks Dan, Glad i didn't take of the cover . Billy

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.