Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Im still alive.  (Read 14335 times)

Asphault

Re: Im still alive.
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2007, 08:00:21 AM »

Glad your injuries were mild -- I always wear helmet and glad to see yours did its job.

Damned shame about the scoot.  Do you think it is fixable?  Never hurts to have 2 or more bikes in the garage.

My condolences to the deer's family.

Mark
Thanks nixobilly. Just for the record its hard to keep a beenie on your head during a crash. The helmet was about 100 ft away from where i landed. They cleaned rocks out of my head before giving me 8 staples. I truly believe that i would not be writting this message today if i was not wearing a helmet. Every bike is fixable but i will have to see what the insurance is going to do. The frame of the bike is bent so the bike is a total. They told me it would be about $7500 to buy it back . I would love to fix it so we will see. The deers have one less member in their family..

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2007, 08:12:06 AM »

Speedy recovery Mike.

Not for nothing....  Once when I was flying down a two lane road with a car in front and a car behind me  I noticed a deer rapidly approaching through a field to my right.  It appeared our paths would intersect right on the road.  Nothing I could do but hold on tight.  A semi truck and trailier approaching in the opposite direction saw the deer running toward the road and laid on his airhorn.  The deer came to a screaching halt on the shoulder of the road about 10 feet from me and high tailed it in the other direction.  I breathed a huge sigh of relief and silently thanked the trucker.  From now on, when ever I see a deer even THINKING about entering the roadway I lay on the horn.  It's worked every time.... :ons_1:
Jim
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2007, 08:14:33 AM »

Just for the record its hard to keep a beenie on your head during a crash. The helmet was about 100 ft away from where i landed.
 That appears to be one of the downsides of the beanie type helmets......a side note is that I just heard that NC is attempting to pass a law requiring the use of 'approved' helmets.  Here we go again.  :drink:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Asphault

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2007, 08:15:39 AM »

Glad you are still with us... :bananarock:  Good luck finding a new scoot.  Hope your wounds are not too deep.

Ride on brother!!

Seegarz
Thanks Seegarz

Asphault

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2007, 08:18:13 AM »

Sorry to hear of the accident and loss of the bike.  Glad you are on the mend.

Hope you are succesful in your search for the new ride too. :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Rjob. Ride safe :coolblue:

Asphault

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2007, 08:22:25 AM »

Damn deer! Glad to hear you are OK and wanting to keep riding. Good luck on your search.  :2vrolijk_21:
Thats what ive been saying for three days now. Thanks for the reply Bojiboy..

Asphault

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2007, 08:29:58 AM »

Mike,
Sorry to hear of your accident and glad you are on the mend. Good luck on finding you a new ride and getting back in the wind.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
Thanks Firedood, It is going to be hard to replace the bike we had. My wife used to say that i rubbed on it more than i rubbed on her. But I'm lucky enough see more riding days in the future. I like the picture of your bike cowboy. Keep the rubber side down.                                     Mike

Asphault

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2007, 08:30:58 AM »

Sorry to hear about your accident Asphault.
Hope you heal quickly and good luck with your search for a new bike.
Thanks Vaeagle,

Asphault

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2007, 08:42:17 AM »

Mike, glad to hear you're ok!  :2vrolijk_21:

When you get a new ride you my want to invest in a new bell!  Looks like your old one reached it's maximum road grimlin capacity!

07hd110 you are very observant!!! That bell was bought for me by a good friend that we ride with. So that means that it has twice the power right? I bought him one in return and it has worked well for him so far... So always wear a helmet and never let a friend ride without a gremlin bell. I will enclose a picture of the guy who bought the bell for me..... :2vrolijk_21:

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2007, 08:46:47 AM »

Man Asphault! Sucks but glad your mostly ok. Heal quick brother and good luck w/ your search for a replacement.

Asphault

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2007, 08:58:28 AM »

Asphault, Sorry to hear about your mishap. Hope you get back up soon. 65mph and a deer is a serious situation. Best of Luck on finding a "New Scoot". Ride On, Dave :coolblue:
Thanks Se dave, I try not to speed the thing had so much get up and go to it that it was difficult to maintain 55. I didn't look at the speedo right before impact but when i went to shut the bike off it was stuck on 65. We paced off how far I slid from where the bike went down.. So by my calcutations if you are going 65 when you hit the pavement You will slide 372 ft.. Thats if you don't hit something else in transit.

Asphault

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2007, 09:04:01 AM »

Mike,
Wow...... glad the outcome wasn't any worse...

Best of luck replacing the scooter !
Thanks HogDude :bananarock:

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2007, 09:09:27 AM »

Asphalt sounds like you are tougher than you name.  Glad to hear you are going to be ok.  Sure did a number on the bike.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2007, 09:16:05 AM »

Asphault - glad you are ok and glad you were wearing your helmet.

I have that same helmet - do not wear it much now since its a bit old.

Best of luck on finding a new bike and thanks much for posting the before/after pics.  You were luckier than some, man.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Asphault

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2007, 09:44:07 AM »

Oh No!  That does not look good, not at all.  How are your ribs, looks like they musta took quite a beating there.  Sorry to hear about your accident.  Keep looking for a new bike, a same as before or newer-better if there is such a thing.  When you are supposed to find it, it will be there for you.  Good luck on the healing process.   :cherry:
Mrs.WeCVO, The bike looks worse in person than in the pictures. My ribs are extremely sore and i have had trouble taking a deep breath for 3 days now. On top of that i am body sore all over but I'm alive. My hip took one of the biggest hits. I have bruises on my bruises but i still miss that bike. I feel lucky to be alive and very disappointed in the loss of the bike at the same time.  Thanks for your concern . Ride safe and ride free     :2vrolijk_21:                                   Mike.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.