Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Im still alive.  (Read 14345 times)

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Im still alive.
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2007, 09:43:29 PM »

About 15 minutes after he killed Bambi

Hey JR,
     Looks like yer at mile marker 4 with one of our Tenn Hwy Patrol . What rode did this deer strike happen on ?

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2007, 01:12:30 AM »

Hey JR,
     Looks like yer at mile marker 4 with one of our Tenn Hwy Patrol . What rode did this deer strike happen on ?

David, that was on hwy 100 south of Jackson TN about 15 miles. Another couple of miles and we were out of the wooded area. What a way to start a trip!! :o

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2007, 04:39:09 AM »

David, that was on hwy 100 south of Jackson TN about 15 miles. Another couple of miles and we were out of the wooded area. What a way to start a trip!! :o

Deer are stupid. I saw one last year come at a line of bikes across an open area on the Big Horn mountains. It was running at full speed fronm the right for over a 1/4 mile. The wife was riding shotgun and saw it coming. To bad shee didnt have one. It ran just in front of Hal who never saw it coming as it was 90 deg to his right . He had no radio and all I could do was watch the accident unfold in front of me. He was a luck dude. the deer was it in the left rear hind quarter with a dresser running about 75. It sunn the deer like a top . Did 3 360 spins before it wen off of the road into the ditch in reverse. It happened so fast for Hal he didn`t know what he hit all he saw was a flash of brown and his bikes frontend was crushed in with parts flying off. The crash bar saved his leg. He manage to save the bike. I saw crap down the side of the bike but couldn`t tell I it belonged to Hal or the deer.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2007, 06:45:00 AM »

Sorry to hear about your accident and I'm really glad you came out of it with your life.
"There but for the grace of god go I" - I often wear a 1/2 lid, T shirt, jeans and boots to ride, this is a reminder to ride safe and wear the correct protective clothing.

Thanks for sharing and good luck sourcing a new scoot.

Asphault

« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2007, 12:36:14 PM »

Mike, Praise God your alive to be telling us about it! I will be lifting you up in prayer for a speedy recovery! Last October on my way to the Maggie Valley get together my buddy nailed a deer about 90 miles into our trip. We were doing around 60 mph and as I crest a hill I saw a state trooper and looked in my mirror to see if my buddy saw him and noticed he wasn't there. Thank God for the trooper, he came up on the scene just as he came to a stop. Called ambulance and they were there in about 15 minutes. Broken ribs and a broken wrist is what he ended up with, no road rash! He now has a new O/B Road Glide. Bless ya Buddy! :2vrolijk_21:

JR :bananarock:

Here are some before and after pics of his accident.
Jr, I'm glad to hear that your buddy is going to be ok and has a new road glide. I guess you guys felt lucky to have a trooper on the scene. Thank you for lifting me up in prayer. It has been like therapy for me to just sit here the last few days and chat with fellow bikers. I have not been going to church. I have been spending every Sunday riding with my wife and friends. My prayer was that if i was ever in a bad crash that she would not be with me. I praise god for answering that prayer for me. Thank you for sharing the pics from your trip. I hope that you and your buddy can make it to Maggie Valley many more times in the future.

Thanks again  Mike

Asphault

« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2007, 02:06:02 PM »

So sorry to hear about your accident, but SO glad you are okay.   :)

TcnBham and I are big believers of wearing helmets and are so glad you were wearing yours.  I know what you mean about your wife being a "trooper".  We truly love riding.   I hear it's not a matter of "if you go down", it's "when you go down".

Take care.

Happy and Safe Trails,

Suzanne
Harleydiva, I can not stress enough how much the helmet saved me. My wife and i have ridden for many years. That is our favorite passtime . It seems like everything we have is motorcycle related. Our screen savers at home and work, cell phones, credit cards, clothes,calenders you name it. Ridding is as important to her as myself. Most of our true friends are rider's. I not sure what i would do if i wasn't ridding. It would require a serious life change.               mike

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2007, 04:34:46 PM »

Iski, Everyone has to make their own choice to wear a helmet. I am a skilled rider. I have ridden bikes starting at the age of 13 (most of my life). I started on dirt bikes. dr100, yz250, cr500 then rode street bikes for many years. I felt comfortable in my ability to avoid an accident ( almost to the point of not wearing a helmet). I am 35 now and still alive because of the choice i made 3 days ago to wear my helmet. I hope you make the right choice. I have a good friend that called me after the crash. We ride together and he does not wear a helmet. He asked me on the phone; ( Did the helmet do you any good or is that what cut your head)? I told him that i believe that helmet saved my life. After seeing how much the helmet took for me there is no other choice for me.                                  Mike

Asphalt - re-read my original post and saw it was unclear (most of mine are so nothing new there).  I meant my OLD helmet that I do not wear as much.  I have 3 helmets and will be getting another one this year at some point.

I've heard the pros and cons on helmets and all.  Seeing the results of no helmet is what made my mind up to wear one. Can't wear all 3 at the same time.

Safe riding to you in the future! 

I had road rash similar to yours on my hands (and lots of other oplaces) back in 1975.  Picked asphalt out of them for many years.  They are ok now - most of the scars faded away.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Asphault

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2007, 09:08:30 PM »

Asphalt - re-read my original post and saw it was unclear (most of mine are so nothing new there).  I meant my OLD helmet that I do not wear as much.  I have 3 helmets and will be getting another one this year at some point.

I've heard the pros and cons on helmets and all.  Seeing the results of no helmet is what made my mind up to wear one. Can't wear all 3 at the same time.

I had road rash similar to yours on my hands (and lots of other oplaces) back in 1975.  Picked asphalt out of them for many years.  They are ok now - most of the scars faded away.
Sorry Iski,  I thought you were saying that you didnt wear your helmet anymore because it was old. Which was true but i didnt realize you were wearing the new and improved helmet.. Sorry my bad didnt mean preach at you for not wearing a helmet. I was just fired up to tell somone to wear it after i saw what it can do.                                         Sorry again  Mike

Asphault

« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2007, 09:15:18 PM »

Iski , Im glad that you survived the crash in 1975, and really glad to have talked with you about it. Scars are just memories and life is full of memories (you just may have more than others). By the way 1975 is the year my wife was born so that would make you........................................                Mike
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.