Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Im still alive.  (Read 14766 times)

Asphault

Re: Im still alive.
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2007, 09:46:42 AM »

Sorry about your scooter, but more importantly. I'm glad you are OK. Good luck on the hunt for a new bike! :xyxthumbs:

Hobo
Thanks Hobo, I loved the pictue of you bike . Ride it for me somtime.  :coolblue:

Asphault

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2007, 09:54:42 AM »

Hey Mike, so sorry 'bout the collision w/ the deer.  Just glad it wasn't any worse than it is.  I had a good riding buddy that had a deer hit him and he wasn't as lucky......heal quickly and ride on safely.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
Spydglide, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I feel lucky to be able to write you this message. Your right about the deer it did hit him. I see your helmet in the picture, please don't ride without it.                          Mike

Asphault

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2007, 09:59:06 AM »

Sorry to hear the news, glad that your ok and wish you well in your recovery and the search for a new scoot.

SOKOOL
Thanks Sokool, It feels good to have so many people wish me well. I hope to meet all of you someday.

Asphault

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2007, 10:06:16 AM »

Glad you came through.  Fear 'o deer is always on my mind when riding at night.  Was your hit in the dark?

bc
Yes bc my hit was in the dark. I have been working overtime like crazy for the last couple of months. I was going in early, the hit was about 5:40am . I told my wife the night before that i wasn't going to ride because i was worried about hitting a deer and their was still bugs on the bike from the day before. I got up early and it was going to be a good day so i spent about 1/2 hour wiping the bugs off and cleaning the bike because it was going to sit in the sun. I rode the bike anyway. Now i realize that if it was light i might have been able to see them on the shoulder of the road. Hind sight is 20/20.

Asphault

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2007, 10:12:48 AM »

Glad youre ok! Had a cell phone driver run me off the road few years ago. Had a new bike a week after I was up and around. Good luck and safe riding!
Kojak2 I'm glad you survived your wreck too. Its nice to hear that you are still riding. We will be back in the saddle soon.  Thanks for your reply.

Asphault

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2007, 10:47:10 AM »

Mike,
Glad you're okay.  Sorry about the bike.  VAZHOG mentioned the two cherry jesters at Waugh's in Orange, VA.  A week or so back, Bubba (on this forum) said he had a new Black/Orange jester in Paducah, KY.  Hope one of these is close enough for a quick trip when you're ready.
Get well soon - do what the docs tell ya',
TCinVA
Thanks TCinVA , I will definitely be looking around for a new bike.. We could by a new bike but once you've had a screamin eagle everything else is a downgrade. We have been looking at the streetglide for a replacement until we can find what we want. I know we will probably have to drive some distance to get a bike to replace what we had. Thanks again for your help in my search.

Asphault

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2007, 10:50:03 AM »

Glad to hear your ok. Goodluck in your recovery.
Thanks skycuse2  Enjoy your ride and ride safe.

Asphault

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2007, 11:04:07 AM »

Mike, I'm glad to hear that you are doing okay. I agree, you are lucky to be alive after hitting a deer at 65mph. I'd say you got your moneys worth out of that helmet. Were you wearing gloves, boots and leathers when you went down? God speed a fast recovery to you.

Mark
Ironhorse, I was wearing a buffalo skin jacket that saved me from a ton of road rash. I had put my gloves out to wear before i took off, stopped at the end of the drive and realized i didn't have them on and drove on without them. If i would have had them on my hands would not be as sore and swollen as they are right now. I had on low top steel toed shoes for work with the shoe laces tucked in the shoes. I will send a picture of my hands..Thanks for your reply.

Asphault

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2007, 11:07:54 AM »

Mike , glad you are still around!  Any crash you can walk away from is a good thing.  Having survived one 2 weeks ago , I still haven't gotten back on the bike.  Hope you are back in the wind soon .
Nidian, I hope your healing fast. Its good to still be able to talk to you about it. How did your crash happen? What injuries did you have?        Hope your on the mend now                                          Mike

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2007, 11:11:35 AM »

I wish you a speedy and full recovery.Despite sliding for about 400 feet you seem to be doing not that bad.Now thats a plus.I wonder what were you wearing while the accident took place.Sorry for your bike but still its replacable and you walked away from the accident. :drink:
Ridin Legend

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2007, 12:24:52 PM »

Ironhorse, I was wearing a buffalo skin jacket that saved me from a ton of road rash. I had put my gloves out to wear before i took off, stopped at the end of the drive and realized i didn't have them on and drove on without them. If i would have had them on my hands would not be as sore and swollen as they are right now. I had on low top steel toed shoes for work with the shoe laces tucked in the shoes. I will send a picture of my hands..Thanks for your reply.

Mike re-reading your earlier thread about the helmet, that's why a lot of PDs have gone from the half helmet to a 3/4. Too many of them just come off after the first impact. Rest up and get better.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2007, 12:27:32 PM »

Percocet and antibiotic of choice.  :(

Asphault

« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2007, 01:40:26 PM »

Asphalt sounds like you are tougher than you name.  Glad to hear you are going to be ok.  Sure did a number on the bike.
Mr.magoo , I'm really not as tough as i am lucky. It could have been the end of me but i will live to see another deer (I mean day) It is really hard to think about the bike for me because i poured a ton of money, blood, and sweat into it. I am very thankfull that my wife was not on the bike with me at the time. I will recover but may not be able to buy the bike of my choice this time. I will miss being a part of the cvo upperclassmen. Thank you for your responce and I hope the best for you and your family.                                               Mike (formally known as asphault)   P.s. I know asphault is spelled wrong  just work with me.                                                         

Asphault

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2007, 01:59:08 PM »

Speedy recovery Mike.

Not for nothing....  Once when I was flying down a two lane road with a car in front and a car behind me  I noticed a deer rapidly approaching through a field to my right.  It appeared our paths would intersect right on the road.  Nothing I could do but hold on tight.  A semi truck and trailier approaching in the opposite direction saw the deer running toward the road and laid on his airhorn.  The deer came to a screaching halt on the shoulder of the road about 10 feet from me and high tailed it in the other direction.  I breathed a huge sigh of relief and silently thanked the trucker.  From now on, when ever I see a deer even THINKING about entering the roadway I lay on the horn.  It's worked every time.... :ons_1:
Jim
jgeorge, I have been ask the question if i had sounded my horn since the accident , the truth is that i didnt see the deer untill they were right in front of me. Im not so sure that sounding the horn would have done any good anyway. I wish i had time to see but it was too late. I have had several deer cross in front of me before. I just think that a deer is a wild animal and not domesticated enough to stay out of the way of a moving vehicle. My bike was loud and with the two headlights burning im sure they seen me before they moved into the road. It was kinda like follow the leader as soon as the first deer went across the road the other three were going to.                    thank you for your reply     I hope that you never have a need to try blowing the horn to keep deer away from your path.           Mike

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2007, 02:11:02 PM »

jgeorge, I have been ask the question if i had sounded my horn since the accident , the truth is that i didnt see the deer untill they were right in front of me. Im not so sure that sounding the horn would have done any good anyway. I wish i had time to see but it was too late. I have had several deer cross in front of me before. I just think that a deer is a wild animal and not domesticated enough to stay out of the way of a moving vehicle. My bike was loud and with the two headlights burning im sure they seen me before they moved into the road. It was kinda like follow the leader as soon as the first deer went across the road the other three were going to.                    thank you for your reply     I hope that you never have a need to try blowing the horn to keep deer away from your path.           Mike
Unfortunately that is typical for deer behavior. If the first of the herd makes it thru the rest will follow no matter what. I've seen herds of deer cross the Interstate like that. Once the first one guys the others will follow no matter what. I've learned if you see one deer cross the road then more then likely you will see more following unless he/she is the last one.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 22 queries.