Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Author Topic: hoist cvo pickup ride member takes a spill  (Read 19565 times)

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
Re: hoist cvo pickup ride member takes a spill
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2007, 07:57:28 PM »

Glad your Well and able to type  :) The bike can be Fixed or replaced , Take time to heal up and we hope to see you in Hot springs  :2vrolijk_21:

Wayne & Lynette

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2007, 08:12:00 PM »

Barry,
Glad to hear your home and feeling better. :2vrolijk_21: Take your time getting yourself back to health/strength and before you know it you'll be back in the wind again.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2007, 08:58:40 PM »

OK...one more post then rest.

Ken,

I new you were dying to post that...

Guys... I was just trying to make light of a bad deal. They all loved the fact that I had
to ride bitch. But I had to have dinner and needed a ride.  I also had to force hard liquor down to help with the pain...worked a little but didnt get much sleep.

I will be back on the horse as soon and the wrist and rib get better!!!

DisAir

Barry, you knew we'd bust on you, as soon as we knew you weren't hurt bad!
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2007, 09:39:20 PM »

DisAir, sorry to read that you took a spill but was glad ;D to read that your came out with minimal damage.  :2vrolijk_21: Heal up and know that you're not the only one of us to run a tire too long and drop a scooter because of it.  I just took my rear tire off the huckleberry with 15,550 miles on it.....now, that's just stupid at my age.  We've all gotta ride smarter.  ;) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

deepsoutheagle

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 red seeg2
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2007, 08:56:46 AM »

spyder, what kind of tire do you run? If I get 6000 out  of mine I think I have done good. Just curious.   Barry. good to see you back on line and glad to hear about MINIMAL DAMAGE :2vrolijk_21:I  was ran off the road about three years back and took apretty good spill in a curve. dI know how sore you can be! see ya soon
ride it like you stole it, then stop for beer

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2007, 09:42:36 AM »

spyder, what kind of tire do you run? If I get 6000 out  of mine I think I have done good. Just curious.   
Hey  DeepSouthEag, didn't mean to hijack this thread, but I've always run what came on the bike...the Dunlop MU85.......last two have given over 15K.  That's 5K more than I was getting w/ the older Dunlops.  The 'new and improved' variety.  :huepfenlol2: har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2007, 10:28:51 AM »

Barry, so glad to see the post and thanks for posing on Don's bike too.

He's been looking for a date ever since he left the pizza girl with Scot in Cripple Creek.

Seriously though, hope your recovery comes along quickly, the rib and wrist will heal and the bike can be repaired.  We just can't replace you, so it was truly fortunate to happen at low speed and not have been more serious.

Get well soon, Rog

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2007, 11:20:37 AM »

Barry, I am glad to hear you are not to badly injured. I guess what happened to you will make other riders take a look at their tires and replace them. So Thanks for being honest and telling us all what the cause was. I wish you the best for a total and speedy recovery.

Helen :carrot:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2007, 11:28:27 AM »

Barry, so glad to see the post and thanks for posing on Don's bike too.

The funny thing is, It was just a pose. He wasn't actually even riding with Don at the time. He caught a ride in the Harley guy's truck. BUT, we already had the cameras out and he graciously agreed to pose on Don's bike for us. He wasn't hurt too badly, so we decided to lighten things up about the whole incident. Barry was a great sport for letting us take that shot riding bitch, wearing a girl's bandana. Some of us did raise an eyebrow when he said he really like the Chubby's. The handlebars, the handlebars!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2007, 11:50:01 AM »

The funny thing is, It was just a pose. He wasn't actually even riding with Don at the time. He caught a ride in the Harley guy's truck. BUT, we already had the cameras out and he graciously agreed to pose on Don's bike for us. He wasn't hurt too badly, so we decided to lighten things up about the whole incident. Barry was a great sport for letting us take that shot riding bitch, wearing a girl's bandana. Some of us did raise an eyebrow when he said he really like the Chubby's. The handlebars, the handlebars!

Handlebars my ass!  We rode back and forth dinner after that.  That boy is handsy!

Actually while there are no real benefits to bending a bike I guess you take what you can from any experience.  After we got his green bike out of the ditch I rode it about 4 miles up the road to a McDonalds and he rode my red bike.  His stock handlebars are bent just a little on the left side.  Not bad.  But they'll need to be replaced.  While riding mine Barry got to discover that he really preferred those Wild1 Chubby 575 bars.  So now while parts are being collected for replacement that Watermelon bike will get a set of bars that will make its rider more comfortable and will make it look better.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2007, 11:51:41 AM »

Aw geez, new keyboard on order, coffee everywhere :puke:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2007, 12:02:50 PM »

Handlebars my ass!  We rode back and forth dinner after that.  That boy is handsy!

Coffee Spew. I'm glad my wife was with me on this trip, so he didn't ride behind me. I once told big Ed, if your bike breaks down, you are NOT getting on with me. I'll call you a cab.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2007, 12:05:39 PM »

Barry, so sorry about the spill and the aches and pains you will have to endure to getting well again.  Glad to hear you like the Chubbys, I like them too.  Get well quick.   :cherry:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2007, 12:17:25 PM »

Barry, so sorry about the spill and the aches and pains you will have to endure to getting well again.  Glad to hear you like the Chubbys, I like them too.  Get well quick.   :cherry:

Candy, it's of course too early to know for sure how the Watermelon will come out of this unfortunate spring hibernation.  But it could experience some Steve Austin (we have the technology, we can rebuilt it, better than before) improvements if its proud papa chooses to take advantage of the down time waiting for paint. 

The current bent and broken shiny bits are of course unfortunate.  But I rode the bike and it tracks straight and feels fine going down the road.  So am not concerned about anything that won't bolt on or repair to get it going again.

Along with looking so sweet with the new paint it'll come out with though Barry was very keen on the idea of dark green cylinders and heads with diamond cut, he got to experience our Wild1 575 handlebars and he got to see the effect of that Traxxion Dynamics front end work.  As unfortunate as the slide was if he chooses to a few weeks down the road Barry might come out with the sweetest Watermelon any of us have ever seen.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2007, 12:24:17 PM »

Candy, it's of course too early to know for sure how the Watermelon will come out of this unfortunate spring hibernation.  But it could experience some Steve Austin (we have the technology, we can rebuilt it, better than before) improvements if its proud papa chooses to take advantage of the down time waiting for paint.  ...  As unfortunate as the slide was if he chooses to a few weeks down the road Barry might come out with the sweetest Watermelon any of us have ever seen.

Barry, if you can relax a little without your bike for a few weeks and the results could indeed be dark green cylinder heads and diamond cut too, I'd let that wrist and rib heal real well.  I remember when we first got the road king, it had a little dump which resulted in a dented gas tank, too bad to ride till painted parts came in.  It had us without bike from July through November at that time.  But honestly, Jamey had some bruises and missing skin patches that were just getting to that healed point at same time.  Funny, things take the time they take for reasons none of can figure.  But going with the flow can result in improvements, so it sounds like you have some great opportunity in this cloud lined with silver.  Still, sorry to hear about the pain.   :cherry:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.