Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Author Topic: hoist cvo pickup ride member takes a spill  (Read 19719 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: hoist cvo pickup ride member takes a spill
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2007, 10:14:17 PM »

Well...here is a pic.

I really am missing my bike...now I know why some of  you have two!

DisAir
Ouch!!!! :( :bigcry: Is the extent of the painted parts damage front fairing and fender?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2007, 10:15:25 PM »

The bike is replaceable. How did your X-rays go?

So, while your recovering are you looking for a back up bike? ;)
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2007, 10:53:30 PM »

Well...here is a pic.

DisAir

Barry buddy. I like you dude, I really do, but this post is just sooooooo wrong. No way do I have two gorgeous almost perfect H-D's so I can wreck one.

B B

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2007, 10:54:01 PM »

Painted parts fairing and inner fairing. front fender and tank. One rear saddlebag.

Xrays say nothing broke. MRI of wrist to check ligements on Friday. I am
actually getting better and stronger every day.

Brother has Ultra with 95" and headwork. Can use anytime. The wrist may take few
weeks though.

It looks worse than it is.

The longest wait will be the painted parts...I have been fighting to get the fairing and bags replaced a second time as they got milky. It will now get done. While I wait I will send the forks to traxxion dynamics for overhaul and go ahead and have the six speed put in. Since the bars are bent I will go ahead with the chubby wild 1 575 handlebars...as I like the way they felt when I rode Dons bike.(no wise cracks!) Have a few other plans since it will sit in the shop waiting.

DisAir
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2007, 11:16:35 PM »

Barry buddy. I like you dude, I really do, but this post is just sooooooo wrong. No way do I have two gorgeous almost perfect H-D's so I can wreck one.

B B

Not to wreck...in case one is in shop or down for repair. I dont do a lot of my own repairs.
Think I wrote that wrong...sorry Big B.

DisAir

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2007, 11:49:24 PM »

Painted parts fairing and inner fairing. front fender and tank. One rear saddlebag.

Xrays say nothing broke. MRI of wrist to check ligements on Friday. I am
actually getting better and stronger every day.

Brother has Ultra with 95" and headwork. Can use anytime. The wrist may take few
weeks though.

It looks worse than it is.

The longest wait will be the painted parts...I have been fighting to get the fairing and bags replaced a second time as they got milky. It will now get done. While I wait I will send the forks to traxxion dynamics for overhaul and go ahead and have the six speed put in. Since the bars are bent I will go ahead with the chubby wild 1 575 handlebars...as I like the way they felt when I rode Dons bike.(no wise cracks!) Have a few other plans since it will sit in the shop waiting.

DisAir

Sounds like a great suite of upgrades to get accomplished during the down time Barry.  Not only will it come home without the milky paint it'll come home being an even better riding bike.  Significantly so actually.  You're going to be looking forward to this homecoming as much as you did when it came home new the first time.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2007, 10:55:56 AM »

Thanks for posting the pic Barry, hang in there dude. Am so glad your able to turn a positive spin on it with the mods and painted problems that will get fixed. I'm home right now after an operation and have my bike in the shop with a trans oil leak, its fixed and I can't even drive (according to the doctor and my wife) so I can't pick up the bike and its killing me so I know where your comming from. Oh yea dumb me my second bike is apart so I guess I'll catch up on these boards.

Roy.....

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2007, 11:00:06 AM »

Thanks for posting the pic Barry, hang in there dude. Am so glad your able to turn a positive spin on it with the mods and painted problems that will get fixed. I'm home right now after an operation and have my bike in the shop with a trans oil leak, its fixed and I can't even drive (according to the doctor and my wife) so I can't pick up the bike and its killing me so I know where your comming from. Oh yea dumb me my second bike is apart so I guess I'll catch up on these boards.

Roy.....

Roy, your wife can get your bike home from the shop, right?  Or a buddy, then you can rest easy knowing it is safe in your garage. 

Hope you are on the bend from your operation, follow the Dr's orders now.  And the wife's too. 

So one bike at the shop, but fixed, one bike tore apart and you are not healthy enough to ride anyway.  Looks like we get to see a lot of you, and that is a good thing, right? 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2007, 11:32:49 AM »

Well...here is a pic.

DisAir

Fine bike Barry.  And it still rode perfectly straight out of the ditch and the four miles up to McDonalds.  In fact if we'd have known the darned wrecker was going to take as long as it did I'd have willingly ridden it on over to the dealership.  That green bike is going to be just fine.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2007, 11:34:52 AM »

Not to wreck...in case one is in shop or down for repair. I dont do a lot of my own repairs.
Think I wrote that wrong...sorry Big B.

DisAir

BB was just having flashbacks to blown tires Barry.  Your idea is a good one.  Spares!  The WeWe's have it right.  SEEG's apiece and a sweet 95th anniversary Road King as a spare or for house guests  :2vrolijk_21: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2007, 11:36:04 AM »

after an operation

Roy.....

What got fixed Roy?

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2007, 11:55:10 AM »

Roy, your wife can get your bike home from the shop, right?  Or a buddy, then you can rest easy knowing it is safe in your garage. 

Hope you are on the bend from your operation, follow the Dr's orders now.  And the wife's too. 

So one bike at the shop, but fixed, one bike tore apart and you are not healthy enough to ride anyway.  Looks like we get to see a lot of you, and that is a good thing, right? 
Candy, I wouldn't put my wife to that kind of pressure. But I'll get the bike home ok.

What got fixed Roy?
I didn't want to hyjack this thread after going astray with the discussion on tires so go to this link guys.
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=13793.0

Roy....

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2007, 01:36:30 PM »

I'm sorry Don but I'm not buying your theory of the tread or lack of changing the tires ability of keeping it cool. My opinion is that because of the load verses the size of the tires on these bikes load causes a heat build up especially on a long ride when bagged up like on the trips we take. I do know that the compound on a tire can be changed by heating it up and cooling it down from my racing days, heck you've seen cup cars scrub in tires to get them set for the race haven't you. I believe that by running these tires like we do over and over again we actually make the surface softer causing the tire to wear more quickly as they get older, add to that the tire gets harder due to less rubber being there causing a handling problem like were discussing here. When I got back from my last long ride I couldn't believe after feeling both tires how hot that back tire was getting, I now run my back tire at maximum pressure on long trips. Maybe I'm out to lunch here but please comment if you have more accurate info.

Roy....

Roy,

What were your racing days?

Scott

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2007, 03:09:35 PM »

Roy,

What were your racing days?

Scott

Scott,
Here I go again taking the thread astray sorry Barry/Hoist.

“My racing days” was I guess a statement taking in all my experience from racing, maybe not an accurate statement as you guys are not going to know me from seeing me on tv but I have to look at all the involvement I have had in my work job and all the money time I spent on racing.

My first job working at a large Mobile service station / Goodyear dealer gave me quite a bit of info on tires and how to interpret failed condition, we moved a lot of tires in those days and I knew tires. Being from Tinley Park and having friends with the Bettenhausen family I was kind of in the loop of what was going on at Indy when it was going on, you didn’t see that stuff on TV back then. I would also would go to stock car races when it was usac, you could go to a race at Michigan to see the twin 200 that was 200 miles of indy cars and 200 miles of 426-428 ci stock cars, those cars would take your breath away. I would go with these guys in the mobile home and they knew what was going on, I was just a kid back then.

I raced dirt bikes as a kid
“  “       Snowmobiles getting pretty serious drag and snow pro but not professional
“  “        Hobby stock  dirt and asphalt (amateur)
“  “        demo derby  (obviously amateur)
“  “        Drag racing from bracket to Pro Gas  (you could call it amateur ask Otis)

Being a mechanic I got most of what I know today as far as making things go fast and last in drag racing. The pro gas car was a 850hp 1970 Challenger and I miss that car and those days. I pretty much leaned how to spend every dime I had getting the motor to run then doing the work myself instead of paying the machine shops. At that time they didn’t have schools for that.

I even helped a friend take his 58 ft sportfish with twin 1080hp diesels from Chicago to Lauderdale and back 12 times, let me tell you the way we ran that boat it was like the hardest racing I’ve ever done

These days I work at a Peterbilt dealership and still have contact reading tire condition, new problems with the super single tires some of these guys run.

Not to get too far off topic of my “racing days” I wanted to sum it up by saying my experience early on at the Mobile/Goodyear dealer going to the races over the years and reading tires from the various racing I did has given me an understanding that is what I would say is hands on experience. I have also seen quite a bit of data from engineers over the years on explanations of why tires fail and both give what I think is a good understanding.

This is the best way I could explain my experience……..Roy

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2007, 08:25:17 AM »

Roy,

Hi Jack all you want Buddy...

We are both off the bike for a few days. It will be a few weeks before I can ride with
my busted wrist so I will be on the site a little more until the bike gets running again.

Take Care,
Barry
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 22 queries.