Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: New SERK Can't Take Hoist's Abuse!  (Read 14769 times)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
Re: New SERK Can't Take Hoist's Abuse!
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2007, 03:13:31 PM »

So here we are July 3rd 2007, what's been done to your bike.....boy this has been a long process....good thing I have plenty of popcorn while reading this.... :2vrolijk_21:

Just got back from a 4 day trip starting from northern Colorado all the way down to Durango, CO....this truly is God's Country....Had to play John Denver's Rocky Mountain High Just outside Aspen going over Independence Pass.....over 1,600 miles in 3 days of riding......oh and went over the highest "continuous" paved highway in America...."Trail Ridge" at 11:30pm at nite....52 degrees at the time when the rest of America was much warmer.......anyway....I saw a 07 Blue SERK in Durango at the HD dealership there on consignment.....not sure what they are asking.....only 2,700 miles on it for anyone interested....

Regards,

FXR2evo99

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2007, 03:22:14 PM »

So here we are July 3rd 2007, what's been done to your bike.....boy this has been a long process....good thing I have plenty of popcorn while reading this.... :2vrolijk_21:

Just got back from a 4 day trip starting from northern Colorado all the way down to Durango, CO....this truly is God's Country....Had to play John Denver's Rocky Mountain High Just outside Aspen going over Independence Pass.....over 1,600 miles in 3 days of riding......oh and went over the highest "continuous" paved highway in America...."Trail Ridge" at 11:30pm at nite....52 degrees at the time when the rest of America was much warmer.......anyway....I saw a 07 Blue SERK in Durango at the HD dealership there on consignment.....not sure what they are asking.....only 2,700 miles on it for anyone interested....

Regards,

FXR2evo99

Sounds like a nice trip man! My saga continues FXR, but thanks for asking. It's turned into this. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=14707.0 I pulled it from that dealer and have an appointment for the 17th with a new dealer. To be continued.....

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

REGGAB

« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2007, 11:37:47 PM »

Sounds like a nice trip man! My saga continues FXR, but thanks for asking. It's turned into this. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=14707.0 I pulled it from that dealer and have an appointment for the 17th with a new dealer. To be continued.....

Hoist! 8)

Best to ya Bro.  Wish there was somethingi could do to help, but like I said before..............and you alluded to to it as well.....there is a fine indy down here in North Alabama, if you can't get it done right through the MOCO dealership.  Pretty reasonable too,  He's got at 01 FLHTCI on a lift right now doing all sorts of great to it.  Terry will tell you that he knows his chit.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2007, 09:11:39 AM »

Best to ya Bro.  Wish there was somethingi could do to help, but like I said before..............and you alluded to to it as well.....there is a fine indy down here in North Alabama, if you can't get it done right through the MOCO dealership.  Pretty reasonable too,  He's got at 01 FLHTCI on a lift right now doing all sorts of great to it.  Terry will tell you that he knows his chit.

Thanks Henry. The indies aren't the problem. It's the dealers. I'll try one more time with this new dealer where I know some people, including the SM. If I don't feel good about this one either, it's time to pay someone to fix it right. Like I said before, FTW, if necessary! I've got a nice package of "go fast goodies" going in, and want the work done properly! Nothing less will suffice!!! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

REGGAB

« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2007, 09:35:21 AM »

Thanks Henry. The indies aren't the problem. It's the dealers. I'll try one more time with this new dealer where I know some people, including the SM. If I don't feel good about this one either, it's time to pay someone to fix it right. Like I said before, FTW, if necessary! I've got a nice package of "go fast goodies" going in, and want the work done properly! Nothing less will suffice!!! ;) Hoist! 8)

I understand completely.  At this point, I stay away from dealerships unless I have w#$%ty challenges when on the road........or if I need a tire.....and since I found Rod's Performance, he'll be doing my tires from now on, since he carries stock tires.  I hate the attitude of some of these dealerships.  I guess it is like anything else.........there's good and bad.  I've run into four good ones, but at least four times as many crappy ones.  Rod's Performance gets all my non-w#$%ty repair and elective work from now on.  That guy is just too good.  He would not take my money until I rode the bike and he was 100% satisfied that I was 100% satisfied with his work.  Another great thing about Rod............and this is on a personal level for me............he is retired Army, and a Warrant Officer to boot.............so we speak the same lingo and are cut from the same bolt of cloth.  I think it is a must to have those types of connections with someone you trust to keep your prize finely tuned and roadworthy.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2007, 11:22:49 AM »

Well, the new dealer seems to be working out much better. They actually started working on the bike the day of my appointment. Crank runout was 0.0025", so we're good to keep on proceeding. I hope it's completed by the end of the week. Then I'll get it retuned at Joe's Cycle. So I'll reserve general judgements on dealer service until I get my bike back. But I've got a reason to be optimistic now. And that's more than I had before! ;) Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.