Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: My bike got sick and so did I  (Read 6110 times)

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
My bike got sick and so did I
« on: May 24, 2007, 11:51:05 AM »

I really didn't want to give you guys any depressing news without knowing all the facts so I've been holding off till I got news from my operation. I had an operation a week ago and they had to go in and remove a tumor and find out what was going on inside me. To bring you guys up to speed, eight years ago I had testicular cancer that took over my body. I went Through three operations and 6 sessions of chemo and let me tell you it was not fun but it worked out ok. This tumor they found a month ago was similar in that they found it in the other testicle, but get this, the tumor wasn't the problem just the reason they went in, the problem was in the other testicle they found very suspicious cells inside that could have caused the same kind of problem in time like I had eight years ago, very rare they said. I had this done at Loyola so I had total confidence, I guess you could say it's kind of like a cvo hospital. Getting back to my operation, I'm home healing and the pain has subsided and I'm moving around.

I know myself so I decided to bring the bike in to a dealer getting it fixed keeping me from torchoring myself with it being in the garage and not being able to ride. The bike got sick just before me having a leak at the trans shaft and I got the sefb apart in the garage. I also just finishing selling my other three bikes so I'm currently home mending with nothing to ride, I'm sure this is a good thing. I will probably have a buddy pick my bike up this Friday pending weather but to show how sick (in the head) I am I was wanting to pick the bike up yesterday with it being 95 degrees here, the wify didn't like that idea.

I'm a little depressed cause the doctor said I couldn't drive for another week, I didn't even bring up that question of when I can ride. I guess I can look forward to working on them next week. So I guess you'll see me around here for the next week or two. Heck maybe I can try and shoot for 500 posts after almost three years here, you think I could get to 500 before Hoist gets to 5,000?

Roy.......

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: My bike got sick and so did I
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 11:55:05 AM »

I really didn't want to give you guys any depressing news without knowing all the facts so I've been holding off till I got news from my operation. I had an operation a week ago and they had to go in and remove a tumor and find out what was going on inside me. To bring you guys up to speed, eight years ago I had testicular cancer that took over my body. I went Through three operations and 6 sessions of chemo and let me tell you it was not fun but it worked out ok. This tumor they found a month ago was similar in that they found it in the other testicle, but get this, the tumor wasn't the problem just the reason they went in, the problem was in the other testicle they found very suspicious cells inside that could have caused the same kind of problem in time like I had eight years ago, very rare they said. I had this done at Loyola so I had total confidence, I guess you could say it's kind of like a cvo hospital. Getting back to my operation, I'm home healing and the pain has subsided and I'm moving around.

I know myself so I decided to bring the bike in to a dealer getting it fixed keeping me from torchoring myself with it being in the garage and not being able to ride. The bike got sick just before me having a leak at the trans shaft and I got the sefb apart in the garage. I also just finishing selling my other three bikes so I'm currently home mending with nothing to ride, I'm sure this is a good thing. I will probably have a buddy pick my bike up this Friday pending weather but to show how sick (in the head) I am I was wanting to pick the bike up yesterday with it being 95 degrees here, the wify didn't like that idea.

I'm a little depressed cause the doctor said I couldn't drive for another week, I didn't even bring up that question of when I can ride. I guess I can look forward to working on them next week. So I guess you'll see me around here for the next week or two. Heck maybe I can try and shoot for 500 posts after almost three years here, you think I could get to 500 before Hoist gets to 5,000?

Roy.......

Hey Roy, I'm glad to hear that things are looking up for you. I know you can't wait to get back on your skoot! If you want me to sandbag so you can get there first, I'd be happy to do that for a brother! ::) But with 10 left, I think you'll do fine on your own! Fell better and hope to see you in the wind soon! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 11:56:59 AM »

That's a ride report that's sad to hear Roy.  Hope you and the boys are feeling back to full speed very soon.

How long before you'll know what "suspicious" ends up meaning from any biopsy results?

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 11:59:56 AM »

That's a ride report that's sad to hear Roy.  Hope you and the boys are feeling back to full speed very soon.

How long before you'll know what "suspicious" ends up meaning from any biopsy results?
I guess I should have been clearer, I got the results today and the suspicious matter turned out to be negative. I had an MRI and ct scans done before the operation, with that and my markers being low there appears to be no cancer in my body.

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 12:00:59 PM »

I guess I should have been clearer, I got the results today and the suspicious matter turned out to be negative. I had an MRI and ct scans done before the operation, with that and my markers being low there appears to be no cancer in my body.

Roy,
Glad to hear on the negative..... you'll be in the wind before you know it.  :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 12:01:04 PM »

Great.  Thanks for the heads up.  Now just get the boys feeling good enough to go for a ride. :2vrolijk_21:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »

Roy,
Sorry to hear this, and glad everything turned out negative. Do what the doctors (and wife) tell you to, and get well soon.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 12:04:53 PM by Fired00d »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 12:31:11 PM »

Roy,
Sorry to hear this, and glad everything turned out negative. Do what the doctors (and wife) tell you to, and get well soon.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Like Gary ever listened to his wife :nixweiss:.

Roy

Glad the test were negative!
Hope you are riding soon.
When your down this way look us up!

S
  /
    B

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 12:37:58 PM »

ROY GLAD TO HERE THE POSITIVE SIDE AND WITH gOD'S BLESSINGS YOU WILL SOON FEEL THE WIND IN YOUR FACE

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 12:42:31 PM »

Roy,
That is GREAT news that there was nothing to the biopsy. :bananarock: :mango: :orange: :pineapple: :jalapeno: :cucumber:  I hope you are sunny side up and feeling the sun in your face and the breeze at your back.  That will come in time...and sounds like you will have plenty of that since all was good.  From a medical knucklehead don't take it too fast or you will be back on your arse, and waiting even more time.

L8R
Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 12:59:10 PM »

Roy, Good news on the negative, but I know you have to stay vigilant forever.  That "C" bullet is just no fun, not at all.  Glad you found a buddy to help you get your bike home. I wish I was closer, cause I'd have defiantly volunteered to help out. Glad you can find some time to poke around here for the next week, look forward to your input.  And, definitely, your wife is going to have your, and her, best interests at heart, so what ever she says.  Keep us in the loop so we know how you are recovering. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 01:01:12 PM »

Roy - glad to hear no cancer!  Not a bad time to get the bike fixed, all things considered.

Went through something similar to yours in 2001 and all clear myself now.

Rest up, post some stuff, and you will be riding again in no time.  :2vrolijk_21:

Mike
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 01:25:13 PM »

Get well soon Reo! You'll be back out in the wind in no time. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 01:56:26 PM »

Reo-
I had been aware you hadn't been posting much over the last couple months.  Thanks for the report on you and your bike.  Glad to hear things are looking up.  Great news!    :2vrolijk_21:
On a side note, 2Lane always said the stock 05 SEEG seat promoted scrotal cleavage but can't blame that in your case. 

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 03:00:14 PM »

Great to hear the latest test came back negative. Now you must stay off those bicycle seats and on a CVO seat (or improved Mustang or Corbin alternative). Best wishes for your quick recovery from all this and getting your leaks fixed up.
 :drink:
Cheers!
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 21 queries.