Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SCREAMIN EGALE II EXHAUST  (Read 2706 times)

RIGMAN

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
SCREAMIN EGALE II EXHAUST
« on: August 03, 2005, 01:30:17 AM »

I'm still running stock mufflers on my 05 sefb and am looking to change to something that sounds better and maybe a little more juice with it.  Is there anyone out there running screamin egale II  or anyone with other ideas of what to run. I would like to keep the look of the stock if possible. Thank you for any help you can give
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 02:30:04 AM by twolanerider »

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
Re: SCREAMIN EGALE II EXHAUST
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 08:35:20 AM »

I'm still running stock mufflers on my 05 sefb and am looking to change to something that sounds better and maybe a little more juice with it.  Is there anyone out there running screamin egale II  or anyone with other ideas of what to run. I would like to keep the look of the stock if possible. Thank you for any help you can give

These are the Screamin Eagle II's you see on my bike here in my sig pic. They will leave you with the same stock look, but will give you a lot more sound. Everyone that has heard mine love them and say that's how a FB should sound. If you have ever heard a set of Reinharts on a bike, that's the kind of sound these give out. I had Reinharts on my last bike, RKC, and my husband has them on his SE E-Glide. We sound almost the same running down the road. I love them and am glad I didn't spend all those $$$ for something else. I can email you a pic or add a larger pic in another post here if you can't see them good enough.  [smiley=7.gif]   Sandy
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 08:37:12 AM by Red_Hot_SE_Fat_Boy »
Sandy :)

RIGMAN

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 09:27:22 AM »

Thanks for the info.  Your bike looks awsome I also picked the red one, almost went w/ the colbalt blue until I spotted a red one. The pics on the HD web site doesn't do any of the bike colors justice

RIGMAN

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 03:32:18 PM »

Mrs Red Hot: did you have to do any tuning with muffler swap

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 09:38:36 AM »

Mrs Red Hot: did you have to do any tuning with muffler swap

Our dealer told us there was no need to. The change was so little it wasn't needed. Looks like he might have been wrong. The bike is running very lean, popping a lot on decel and the exhaust are turning blue and even causing the slip on's to turn a tad copper looking right where they slip on. We're working with them right now trying to get them replaced and things fixed. My husband thinks that they should have done a remap in the beginning and I wouldn't be having this problem.

Thanks and yes, the red FB is a real eye catcher and IMOP the best looking one. But then I have always been partial to a great looking red bike.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Sandy
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 09:40:08 AM by Red_Hot_SE_Fat_Boy »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 09:48:30 AM »

Our dealer told us there was no need to. The change was so little it wasn't needed. Looks like he might have been wrong. The bike is running very lean, popping a lot on decel and the exhaust are turning blue and even causing the slip on's to turn a tad copper looking right where they slip on. We're working with them right now trying to get them replaced and things fixed. My husband thinks that they should have done a remap in the beginning and I wouldn't be having this problem.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Sandy

The dealer was mistaken - see excerpt from the Screamin' Eagle catalog:

C. SCREAMIN’ EAGLE PRO II+ SLIP-FIT
MUFFLERS, SHOTGUN – SOFTAIL
80223-02 Fits ’00-later FLSTF and FXSTD
models equipped with Shotgun
Style exhaust. (Does not fit ’05 FLSTN.)
Requires separate purchase of two
end caps. [bgcolor=Yellow]EFI models require ECM
recalibration through applicable
calibration cartridge or through EFI
Race Tuner Kit.[/bgcolor] See EFI Race Tuner
Kit fitment or calibration matrix
for possible application.

If the bikes weren't so lean from the factory, you could probably get away with no remapping for mufflers only.  The big change in air/fuel ratios comes with the high flow air cleaner.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 07:29:39 PM »

The dealer was mistaken - see excerpt from the Screamin' Eagle catalog:

C. SCREAMIN’ EAGLE PRO II+ SLIP-FIT
MUFFLERS, SHOTGUN – SOFTAIL
80223-02 Fits ’00-later FLSTF and FXSTD
models equipped with Shotgun
Style exhaust. (Does not fit ’05 FLSTN.)
Requires separate purchase of two
end caps. [bgcolor=Yellow]EFI models require ECM
recalibration through applicable
calibration cartridge or through EFI
Race Tuner Kit.[/bgcolor] See EFI Race Tuner
Kit fitment or calibration matrix
for possible application.

If the bikes weren't so lean from the factory, you could probably get away with no remapping for mufflers only.  The big change in air/fuel ratios comes with the high flow air cleaner.

Thanks now I have more leverage to use against them if they decide to not warranty the exhaust.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Sandy

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 08:17:09 PM »

Thanks now I have more leverage to use against them if they decide to not warranty the exhaust.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Sandy

Besides the discoloring that you mention (which they won't warranty, anyway) I doubt if your exhaust system will be affected if you don't remap, but the engine's internals might.  I think I'd get it back and have them finish business on your machine.  The popping is a dead giveaway that you have a lean condition.

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 06:31:05 AM »

Besides the discoloring that you mention (which they won't warranty, anyway) I doubt if your exhaust system will be affected if you don't remap, but the engine's internals might.  I think I'd get it back and have them finish business on your machine.  The popping is a dead giveaway that you have a lean condition.

Yep, it's going in early this week. I know that HD want warranty the blueing of the pipes, but either them or my dealer should do something about the slip on's turning copper from this situation. More than likely it's going to be our dealer since he should have remapped in the beginning. I had HD slip on's on my last bike for a while and never had any problems with them turning, but them that bike never ran lean either. Sandy

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 03:03:58 PM »

Well after weeks of trying to get together on this matter, our dealer is going to cover the pipes on my bike. HD told them that they should have remaped when they did the switch. So here's what they are doing. I'm getting the Race Tuner, will be paying for this myself since I would have in the beginning with the pipe change. Our dealer is giving me the cost of the pipes towards new ones. Not going back with the same ones though. Instead I getting another set of Screamin Eagle pipes, not sure what they are called. They are a full set of pipes that are chrome all the way from the engine heads to the tail end of the pipe. So this will also get rid of that ugly blueing that shines in my chrome oil tank. They are a little louder than the SE II's, but look a whole lot cleaner and better. Will get a new sig pic when everying is installed.  [smiley=1syellow1.gif]  Sandy

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2005, 01:59:31 AM »

How much the remap run you if you don't mind me asking? My stealer just charged me 5 hours of Dyno labor for a custom map that he said I NEEDED.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 06:07:48 PM »

What did you end up with? I ran the SEII slip ons for a little while sounded great but where no good for 2 up riding, rear peg comes out between the pipes & shoes melt on heat shields. They do make good power.
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2005, 06:09:28 PM »

What did you end up with? I ran the SEII slip ons for a little while sounded great but where no good for 2 up riding, rear peg comes out between the pipes & shoes melt on heat shields. They do make good power.
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

RIGMAN

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 09:33:45 AM »

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

I went with the with the Screamin Egale II slip ons. No worrys of melting boots on mine as I only have stock solo seat and don't think I will be changing anything in regards to taking a passenger. I'm a little greedy as I like to ride solo, No not really my wife just doesn't seem that intrested in getting on it, she is 5'10" and I don't think it would be that comfortable for her anyways. I did suggest she go take a bike course and that we would buy her one of her own but still not intrested.  As for the new exhaust they sound awsome. The dealer Talked me out of dynoing it as I only had 1600km on when I added mufflers But I thought there was a standard download for adding these mufflers. When I suggested the download to dealer they asked me what for and I told them it tells you right in the racing parts cat. that you should have download with these mufflers. I never did get the download as I was ready to ride and didn't want to waste anymore time at the stealer as I don't get home to ride enough as it is. Does the hd download make any difference? I have found the dealers up here in
Alberta don't really keep up to date on the CVO's as when I was phoning around and asking about mufflers and if I would require a download most didn't evem know the fatboy came with stage 1. But I guess that's because I don't think we get that many of them in Canada. I heard maybe 150 SEFB's in all of Canada

[smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 22 queries.