Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Does any one have advice for Shaking mirrors?  (Read 18631 times)

Andrea O

Re: Does any one have advice for Shaking mirrors?
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2007, 09:44:24 PM »

hip hip hooray!!! I got the new mirrors and now i can see the peolple behind me!!!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2007, 10:46:05 PM »

Hi All

I have a 07 fxdse and the mirrors shake pretty bad... does anyone have a solution ? :pepper:

They say it eases up once you stop drinking  :nixweiss:

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2007, 05:06:47 AM »

I've tried to be so good on this topic and just knew it wouldn't last. Glad your got mirrors that work for you.

hdchic07

• '07 Dyna Street Bob
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2007, 08:40:56 AM »

HD gave us a reference number as well for a new set of mirrors....those will be next.  We purchased a new set of ISO grips, and pegs, and that seemed to help some as far as the vibration in the hands (going numb from the "buzz").  Mirrors are on the list, as well as a new seat. 

Glad they worked out for everyone...there may be hope yet!!   :orange:
If you don't take that risk, how will you ever know?

myfxdse07

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2007, 09:08:10 PM »

Great news, Can someone pls post the number to call to get a ref #.  I p\u my ride tomorrow after having a PcIII EX installed and dyno'ed  (I'll post my numbers tom) May be I can take care of the mirrors at the same time... BTW does anyone know what the current stock mirrors are worth?
Tks

Andrea O

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2007, 09:30:39 PM »

The stock mirrors are currently sold for $149.  The Bullet mirrors are $229.

hdchic07

• '07 Dyna Street Bob
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2007, 07:59:42 AM »

We called HD customer service (off of the website) and pushed the issue.  I think if enough people call, something bigger will get done.
If you don't take that risk, how will you ever know?

myfxdse07

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2007, 04:00:48 PM »

Ok Got a ref # but rep says it's still up to dealer to authorize mirror replacment.
I'llcall my dealer to see what gives...

Andrea O

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2007, 08:29:07 AM »

Here are the new mirrors... not quite as attractive

however, it is nice to see what is behind you ;D

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2007, 10:11:38 AM »

I went to the dealer yesterday getting some supplies and was looking at these mirrors on one of the dyna cvo's on the showroom floor. The mirror stem seems like a tuning fork the way it's constructed with the thin frame having a large hogged out hole in the center. I tapped the mirror stem with my finger on top and it seemed to me like it would carry a resonance of vibration from somewhere else.
Hey Reo, you may have identified a large part of the problem, right there.  That's why people have so many problems with those little sissy bars breaking, etc.....they act like a pronged tuning-fork to intensify the viberation from the motor.  So......a 'mirror change' may just help.  On my ole softtail, the mirrors viberation is bad enought that I can see if a car is behind me, just can't tell what kind or if it's a cop car.  :oops: har!   :drink:spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

theslash

• Full CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2007, 10:15:07 AM »

well thats a first for me, mirrors were causing the problem.
Glad its not shaking anymore.
SLASH

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2007, 11:24:38 AM »

Hey Reo, you may have identified a large part of the problem, right there.  That's why people have so many problems with those little sissy bars breaking, etc.....they act like a pronged tuning-fork to intensify the viberation from the motor.  So......a 'mirror change' may just help.  On my ole softtail, the mirrors viberation is bad enought that I can see if a car is behind me, just can't tell what kind or if it's a cop car.  :oops: har!   :drink:spyder

Thanks for the credit Spyder, I had the bullet mirrors on my seeg and I have the buckshots on my sefb and the mirrors are somewhat larger than the profile mirrors but have a more supportive stem. The structure of the stem on the profile mirrors for the se-dyna seems to me to be a structural problem as I eluded to in my earlier post.

When I was a Kenworth I went to a day seminar where they were addressing shaking and frequency vibrations caused by the lightning components used in the trucks today. Now while at Peterbilt I still see the same kind of problems from time to time. We have actually seen frequency noise and vibrations transfered thru frame rails because of the lightening, you wouldn't believe some of the fixes we get involved in.

I'm just happy all you guys with the se-dynas are getting it fixed.

Screaming Tuna

• CVO1: 2007 Screaming Eagle Dyna FXDSE
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2007, 12:19:41 PM »

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

Just replaced my stock "Profile Slotted Stem" mirrors with the HD "Buckshot" (PN 92096-05) mirrors and vibration problem solved , PLUS the Buckshot mirrors look great!

Even though the Buckshot's cost more, my dealer made the change at no cost to me.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2007, 01:02:33 PM »

good deal, Screaming Tuna, and what a great Dealer!  :) har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2007, 08:05:41 AM »

Its sad that no one at moco saw this mirror problem during the shakedown of these bikes in prototype form. No doubt they are aware of the oversite now but its very good news that they are authorizing the trade-up to the more costly bullet or buckshot mirrors. Gives me a new appreciation today to them at moco for taking care of their customers by spending some extra cash to fix a problem on a bike where the  customers had spent extra cash on the cvo line.

Roy.....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.