Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Most Popular Harley Models  (Read 8347 times)

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
Most Popular Harley Models
« on: December 11, 2003, 08:45:53 PM »

I'm new to Harley's and everything. However, it is clear from this discussion group which models are the most popular--the big fat boys and touring models. I think I bought my bike as a left over desire from my teen years--the basic stripped bike look. I wonder if in a few years I will be interested in the bigger bikes as well? I know they are a much more comfortable ride with those bigger tires, floor boards, and storage bags. For now I think my riding area will remain within a couple of hours of my home. We'll see!      

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Most Popular Harley Models
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 09:54:20 PM »

well there,s two weeks of riding whats next, come by my house i,ll by ya-lunch ak
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 10:28:51 PM »

Then swing by my place and I'll by you dinner [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Relax where you're at Psychodeuce.....as you venture out it will take a natural course for you.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 10:30:08 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

KSims1868

• Pearl FXR3 - lovin it!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 10:01:40 AM »

quote: "the big fat boys"

I don't know where you got that info, but on THIS site there isn't much "Fatboy" discussion becuase there has never been a CVO Fatboy.

Myself...I love the FXR3 and Deuce CVO models best.  Like you...I prefer the stripped down Harley.  I had a Road King for most of 2003, but it just wasn't my style.  I sold that king and bought the FXR3...couldn't be happier!!
Life's a garden...dig it!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003, 10:11:21 AM »

i have a stripped down softail and one 3day trip riding 2up was enought to convince me i also needed a touring bike. ive had my serk for 2 seasons and 12k+ miles later i'm glad i bought it the first year i did a 1200+ mile trip from peabody, ma to old quebec city and this year a 1900+ mile trip from marlborough, ma to prince edward island. i still love to ride that softail for those rides that are only a few hours from home. you buy the bike that you like that fits your needs. if your needs change then either trade up or buy a second bike. youll find many members on this site that have 2 or more bikes.
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2003, 07:41:38 PM »

quote: "the big fat boys"

I don't know where you got that info, but on THIS site there isn't much "Fatboy" discussion becuase there has never been a CVO Fatboy.

Myself...I love the FXR3 and Deuce CVO models best.

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2003, 07:47:01 PM »

i have a stripped down softail and one 3day trip riding 2up was enought to convince me i also needed a touring bike. ive had my serk for 2 seasons and 12k+ miles later i'm glad i bought it the first year i did a 1200+ mile trip from peabody, ma to old quebec city and this year a 1900+ mile trip from marlborough, ma to prince edward island. i still love to ride that softail for those rides that are only a few hours from home. you buy the bike that you like that fits your needs. if your needs change then either trade up or buy a second bike. youll find many members on this site that have 2 or more bikes.

I have a feeling I might go the multiple bike route if my tastes change as I mature with riding. I realized that when I was test riding all the bikes (inluding the metric bikes). Certain moods seem to require certain bikes! Don't ya think?

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2003, 07:56:45 PM »

Then swing by my place and I'll by you dinner [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Relax where you're at Psychodeuce.....as you venture out it will take a natural course for you.

fxr4

• ride it like you stole it
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2003, 07:59:52 PM »

I would say in general the softails are the most common Harley but I like to be a little different is why I bought a CVO bike. I've had a Heritage and a Electra Glide Classic. In my opinion there's no comparison in comfort. The Electraglide wins hands down. Being a single parent limits me from riding as much as I used to. This is one reason for getting rid of the dresser. I can't forsee getting rid of my FXR4 anytime soon but can forsee getting a dresser & keeping the FXR. For now though on trips 500 miles or more I put a touring seat and T-Bag on and take off.

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2003, 08:01:10 PM »

well there,s two weeks of riding whats next, come by my house i,ll by ya-lunch ak

I had a feeling you guys were gonna say that. A friend of mine at work said I will be looking for places to go in no time. We'll see. You're probably right. But things like rain might keep me local for some time (Until I get caught in it and survive!)  

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2003, 08:12:39 PM »

I've had a Heritage and a Electra Glide Classic. In my opinion there's no comparison in comfort. The Electraglide wins hands down. Being a single parent limits me from riding as much as I used to. This is one reason for getting rid of the dresser. I can't forsee getting rid of my FXR4 anytime soon but can forsee getting a dresser & keeping the FXR. For now though on trips 500 miles or more I put a touring seat and T-Bag on and take off.

How is the touring seat different? Plush padding etc? I guess I'm in a similar situation with my family. My wife hates, and let me stress hates >:( bikes. I don't think she'll ever let me put either of my two girls on the back of the bike. Perhaps in a mall parking lot or something. So I just can't picture myself saying "Taking the bike up to Canada honey--see ya in three days!" My house key might not fit when I return :-/.  

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2003, 08:38:18 AM »

I had a feeling you guys were gonna say that. A friend of mine at work said I will be looking for places to go in no time. We'll see. You're probably right. But things like rain might keep me local for some time (Until I get caught in it and survive!)
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

fxr4

• ride it like you stole it
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2003, 11:05:53 AM »

Psychodeuce, The touring seat I have is made by Mustang. It has alot more padding and is 16" wide in frt. and the passenger width id 12". It is pretty comfortable but it does raise the seat height a bit and takes away from the looks of the bike. However on long trips I'm not as much concerned with looks as I am comfort. I got it through J&P Cycles. They offer some with drivers backrest for Softails. I don't get to take alot of trips but when I do I set my bike up for comfort to make the ride more enjoyable. Also my 8 year old daughter loves to ride. We just ride country roads with little to no traffic and cruise at a slower speed than normal. My kids have grown up riding motorcycles and 4 wheelers. She does love the Harley and so does my 4 year old son. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2003, 11:08:13 AM by FXR4 »

KSims1868

• Pearl FXR3 - lovin it!
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2003, 11:34:12 AM »

"Not my style".   What I meant by that was that the Road King didn't fit MY style of riding.  I like to feel like I am riding my bike.  I like to feel like I am part of the machine and we are cruising down the freeway as a whole...both complimenting the other in fit, feel, and finish.  
With the Road King...I always felt like I was riding ON a motorcycle...not with it.  It just wasn't the ride that I wanted.  It felt too bulky and not as manuveurable as the other bikes I had ridden.  Don't get me wrong...the RK is a fine piece of machinery, but it just was suited to MY needs.
One ride on the FXR3 and I knew I had found the bike meant to be in my garage.

I'm sure I'll have another touring bike again, but I don't think I'll ever SELL the FXR3.  It is just (IMO) the perfect bike.
Life's a garden...dig it!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2004, 09:45:11 PM »

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2004, 10:38:26 PM »

I have a feeling I might go the multiple bike route if my tastes change as I mature with riding.

My wifes response to this statement --  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif].

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2004, 11:18:09 PM »

A trip to Sturgis is still mandatory in your first year of ownership ......else we'll have to come and confiscate your motorcycle. LOL

I have no doubt that you guys are gonna get me out of the Northeast eventually!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2004, 11:25:35 PM »

So start the thread.  You have a great way with words, it's the "action" that you gotta work on.  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Just funnin with you Psycho.

West Coast GTG   

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2004, 11:56:49 PM »

Yeah, I know. Just my heads not in the game right now as the bike is tucked away in the garage due to snow. When I get back out on the road in spring and start getting myself into lets say "situations", I'll "pipe-up" so to speak and start drawing on ya'll experience.  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.