Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Ouch!  (Read 4916 times)

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
Ouch!
« on: June 08, 2007, 04:14:01 AM »

To Paint the Picture - Riding to work this morning at 6.30am, the rain was awful.   I have to go across a 1-lane bridge with traffic lights at either end.  I had 500m of good vision on the approach and the lights were green all the way to the bridge.   
As I passed through to approach the crest you guessed it, a car came up the other side, I braked too hard, went down and slid straight towards the on-coming vehicle, fortunately I had the presence of mind to push myself off his bumper and away from his wheels - but man did it hurt, my knee was killing me.  The driver came & asked me if I was OK and did I need an ambulance,  he helped me to my feet and picked my bike up and put it to the side of the road.  I knew he wouldn't admit crashing a red light and with no witnesses I could see my insurance going through the roof. there was no apology or anything, we swopped details and after giving him a lecture and a few choice words I managed to ride home. 
I have a feeling my little "comuter scooter" is now knackered.  But I'll see what happens with the garage.

As for me, this time I was lucky, my knee is fine , my leg is aching like mad, I have further bruising to my ego but I'm alive and no thanks to that bloke.  Funny thing is, I always suspected some youth flying over the bridge but this guy was my age - what a plonker!!

theslash

• Full CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHXSE
Re: Ouch!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 04:26:21 AM »

thats why I try not to ride in the rain
sounds like you save youself, good work there
hope your legs gets better soon
SLASH

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 05:19:10 AM »

Sucks sucks sucks. Thankfully you're around to tell us. Have the doc check you out and I suspect today will be a sore one. Chit happens and there's a lot of stupid and bad out there. Good luck w/ the bike and hope you heal soon.

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 05:41:05 AM »

Sorry about your bike, but more importantly : I'm glad you are OK.

Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 06:22:27 AM »

I am glad that you manged to walk away with no major injury.Have you seen a doctor about your leg? :drink:
Ridin Legend

REGGAB

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 06:33:49 AM »

Damn Smiler..........that blows, dude.  I don't think I'd have been able to maintain my cool as you did.  If that smug b@astard acted as if he didn't do anything wrong around me, I'd have given him a drubbin' he wouldn't soon forget.  RESPECT!  Take responsibility for your actions.  People who shun responsibility get my craw worse than any physical pain.

At any rate, glad to hear you are OK.  Could have been much worse.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 06:34:23 AM »

Smiler,
Hope you are back on both feet soon and your RK is back on its rubber with all its shiny parts where they belong.  There is a saying that there are 2 types of bikers those that have gone down and those that will...chit I thought they were talking about LOVE MAKING!!!

Count this your ONE time and welcome to the other of the exclusive groups. 

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 06:46:14 AM »

Thanks guys for your kind words.  As for giving him a drubbin, I wasn't in any state, 20 years agio I'd have flattened him only nowadays the cops would have done me for ABH. 

My leg is still sore as hell but I reckon I'll be fine so I won't trouble the Doc.

On a brighter side, if you can call it that, was that it was my little Yamaha and not my SERK and my sense of humour has returned. :orange: :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 07:05:06 AM »

Thanks guys for your kind words.  As for giving him a drubbin, I wasn't in any state, 20 years agio I'd have flattened him only nowadays the cops would have done me for ABH. 

My leg is still sore as hell but I reckon I'll be fine so I won't trouble the Doc.

On a brighter side, if you can call it that, was that it was my little Yamaha and not my SERK and my sense of humour has returned. :orange: :2vrolijk_21:

I suppose that does ease the pain a little, but still doesn't excuse the bonehead who ran the redlights and hit you.  You mentioned you swapped info earlier.  Are you going to settle with this guy, or is this a done deal?

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 07:14:28 AM »

I suppose that does ease the pain a little, but still doesn't excuse the bonehead who ran the redlights and hit you.  You mentioned you swapped info earlier.  Are you going to settle with this guy, or is this a done deal?
[/color]
I need to get my scoot to the garage to make sure it is still roadworthy.  After that it's in the lap of the gods I'm afraid.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 07:37:43 AM »

Smiler, sorry to hear of your mishap.

Hope the leg is getting better soon as well.  You sure you don't need an Xray to make sure it isn't cracked or something.

I guess as all guys do you'll tough it out until it either gets better or you see the doc.  Speedy recovery my friend.

Rog

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 07:51:01 AM »

So sorry to hear about this accident.  If possible, you really should go to the Dr.  If there is anything wrong with your scoot and you are going to seek legal assistance, the Dr statement may come in handy.  No matter what, sure am hoping you heal quickly and throughly. 

:cherry:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 08:47:01 AM »

Smiler, glad to hear you're OK. Good luck on getting everything fixed up, yourself included.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 09:06:31 AM »

Glad you were able to walk away Smiler! Feel better man. I guess it's better than if it were the SERK, adding insult to injury! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 09:56:13 AM »

Sorry to hear about the accident Smiler,
Hope you get better soon and the bike can be repaired.
Good luck with any claims against the car driver too.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.