Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Wifes new scoot  (Read 5070 times)

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

Wifes new scoot
« on: June 13, 2007, 11:49:52 AM »

hope this is the right area to post this in. Building a little half breed for my wife. Frame is a one off custom rigid with a evo engine , buell front forks and wheels along with the buell rear running gear. Mainly built from parts left over from other builds. Frame and trans where the only items that had to be bought the rest is left over or hand built.
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

Re: Wifes new scoot
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 11:50:48 AM »

another picture

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 12:59:11 PM »

hope this is the right area to post this in. Building a little half breed for my wife. Frame is a one off custom rigid with a evo engine , buell front forks and wheels along with the buell rear running gear. Mainly built from parts left over from other builds. Frame and trans where the only items that had to be bought the rest is left over or hand built.

Nice beginning, Steve.  Look forward to seeing more of the progress, and the finished product!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 01:03:50 PM »

From yesterday to today. Coming along very nicely.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 01:05:42 PM »

impoosible to tell form what has been done what your vision for the completed project is, tank looks a bit small but i'm sure it will fit the overall look when completed
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 01:13:54 PM »

We are going to powder coat the frame in a copper with black speckle hammer tone, with the tank and rear fender painted in "hot rod black" then I will have my buddy micky do the old school pin stripping on it. We are going to use a copper braid over all the lines and wiring, along with a brass water style cap for the fuel. The screw on style used for semi's?? Not sure if you have seen that but it will look that way. The handle bars are still up in the air they are just for moving the bike at this point. Headers will be hand made once we get to that point. Tank is a 3.5 gallon so range will be limited but really I think I am more limited than amount of fuel even with the great roads we have the bike will beat you up.  We have 3 days in this so far and it is moving right along. I have to finish boring the cylinders for the new JE pistons and then I will complete the top end on the little evo. This evo should put out 90hp as I have built many using these same parts before. Weight wise the will be in the 390-425 lb range so that little engine will spool it up very fast and the 6th gear will be nice to cruise.  We are working on the seat pan now as he is out there with the planishing hammer making a TON of noise.  We are not really trying to have a certain look just using items we have and we will see how it looks once we get there if we dont like it toss it and make something else.Oil bag will be mounted on the left side verticle with some hand twisted steel. We plan on painting the oil tank to look like a old oil can. Not sure what brand yet but time will tell.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 01:16:19 PM by GMR-PERFORMANCE »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 01:15:23 PM »

Cool.

Keep posting pics - bet your wife is gonna love it.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 01:18:03 PM »

Nice, I'd like to build a hardtail bar hopper someday, got to get my RK where I want it first!! Send more pic's as you go.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 03:42:46 PM »

Thanks for the pictures, keep them posting as she progresses.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 05:21:58 PM »

We are going to powder coat the frame in a copper with black speckle hammer tone, with the tank and rear fender painted in "hot rod black" then I will have my buddy micky do the old school pin stripping on it. We are going to use a copper braid over all the lines and wiring, along with a brass water style cap for the fuel. The screw on style used for semi's?? Not sure if you have seen that but it will look that way. The handle bars are still up in the air they are just for moving the bike at this point. Headers will be hand made once we get to that point. Tank is a 3.5 gallon so range will be limited but really I think I am more limited than amount of fuel even with the great roads we have the bike will beat you up.  We have 3 days in this so far and it is moving right along. I have to finish boring the cylinders for the new JE pistons and then I will complete the top end on the little evo. This evo should put out 90hp as I have built many using these same parts before. Weight wise the will be in the 390-425 lb range so that little engine will spool it up very fast and the 6th gear will be nice to cruise.  We are working on the seat pan now as he is out there with the planishing hammer making a TON of noise.  We are not really trying to have a certain look just using items we have and we will see how it looks once we get there if we dont like it toss it and make something else.Oil bag will be mounted on the left side verticle with some hand twisted steel. We plan on painting the oil tank to look like a old oil can. Not sure what brand yet but time will tell.

How about painting it to look like an old can of HD oil?  That would seem appropriate... ;)
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 09:20:26 PM »

Glad to see the initial pics, keep sending some in-progress-pics as you continue the build.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 09:42:17 PM »

Who built the frame?

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 09:31:09 AM »

Dick at ATLAS did. He and Peggy his wife are very nice to deal with full custom frames taking less than 3 weeks. There worl is always top notch. I had a 1/2 inch offset built inot the frame for this set up. If you have built a bike before the offset plates can really be a pain. The engine drops in clean all holes line up. In fact on this frame as it is a one off we had the rar end set up for the Buell caliper. Everything came spaced right, caliper mount was dead on. We add our own tank mounts and the rest but the little things like not having to make extra mounts is nice.

I have used dozens of other frames and I can tell you that I have never had a frame that had all the mounts correct. I was at the point of ordering frames with the mounts not welded on as it was easier than cutting it off and then welding back on correctly.

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 12:28:26 PM »

nice frame
thanks for the pictures, keep them posting as she progresses :drink:

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 12:33:54 PM »

nice idea about the hd oil can but I would really have to see that. Not sure though as i am looking for something that will match the over all color once done it will be the last thing we do.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.