Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oasis Day Cover  (Read 2462 times)

Bagger

Oasis Day Cover
« on: December 05, 2006, 08:26:09 PM »

I searched the forums and found one hit about the item in the subject line.

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
Re: Oasis Day Cover
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 11:16:00 PM »

Hey there   i have it and the storm shield and the cvo.   i like the oasis as it packs small and does a good job covering all the importantstuff. naturally  having a B/O se helped decide  with its color.
gene
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 12:55:39 AM »

I bought one. It's still in the bag. I'm keeping it in the saddlebag until needed. AJ

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 01:49:22 AM »

The speakers are a poly cone so you don't need to worry about them, As far as the cover I do not put anything on the painted surfaces of the bike when it is dirty. If its windy your asking for scratches.

My 2 pennies.......

Bagger

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 06:12:46 AM »

The speakers are a poly cone so you don't need to worry about them, As far as the cover I do not put anything on the painted surfaces of the bike when it is dirty. If its windy your asking for scratches.

My 2 pennies.......

Exactly!  Horse blanket it is.  Thanks.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 11:40:10 AM »

The speakers are a poly cone so you don't need to worry about them, As far as the cover I do not put anything on the painted surfaces of the bike when it is dirty. [highlight]If its windy your asking for scratches.[/highlight]
My 2 pennies.......

I had not thought about that.  All should know not to cover bike on open trailer because wind whipping cover around can definitely damage paint.  But I think you are correct - a strong wind could very probably cause some scratching on a dirty painted surface.  The good stuff you learn here is fantastic.  Thanks!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

REGGAB

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 07:20:52 AM »

I ended up buying one of these things on my trip to Kansas.  I really like it.  Of course, it is imperative to clean the bike before using it.  It was nice to come out to the bike in the morning to a dry seat.  Packs small.  Perfect for road trips, and in my mind, it looks awesome.  I have it on the scooter now in the garage over the top of the CVO cover.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 09:04:56 AM »

I ended up buying one of these things on my trip to Kansas.  I really like it.  Of course, it is imperative to clean the bike before using it.  It was nice to come out to the bike in the morning to a dry seat.  Packs small.  Perfect for road trips, and in my mind, it looks awesome.  I have it on the scooter now in the garage over the top of the CVO cover.

For packing small, working well and being relatively reasonably priced another consideration is the "Exigent" brand cover.  They also had a seat cover only for dual seats with two backrests that was less than $25.00.

REGGAB

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 09:29:39 AM »

For packing small, working well and being relatively reasonably priced another consideration is the "Exigent" brand cover.  They also had a seat cover only for dual seats with two backrests that was less than $25.00.

Yessir!  Ex post facto I noted that Terry had one of those Exigent covers.  Probably a better solution as far as security is concerned, since it doesn't have "Harley-Davidson" written all over it.  But now I'm Monday morning quarterbacking.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 10:10:13 AM »

Yessir!  Ex post facto I noted that Terry had one of those Exigent covers.  Probably a better solution as far as security is concerned, since it doesn't have "Harley-Davidson" written all over it.  But now I'm Monday morning quarterbacking.

I've liked mine.  Pack small.  Works well.  Tastes great.  Less filling.

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 11:58:53 AM »

The exigent does work great and keep am dew/mist off, sometimes a chore to fit in front of leather tourpak though. john
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 02:28:59 PM »

The exigent does work great and keep am dew/mist off, sometimes a chore to fit in front of leather tourpak though. john

My bike cover goes over the tour pak.  The seat cover has, well, it's never been on with the tour pak.  So never mind  :P .

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 03:07:46 PM »

My bike cover goes over the tour pak.  The seat cover has, well, it's never been on with the tour pak.  So never mind  :P .
Don,
( was that a brain fart?) the exigent seat cover can stretch over the tour pak (partially) if you remove the rider backrest, but it does "strain" the elastic. Fortunately I don't use it often so don't know how sturdy the elastic is ( their rain boot covers on the other hand have zero life expectancy!) john PS anyone interested in exigent check here: http://www.exigentbikecovers.com/accessories.htm
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 03:09:45 PM by otophile »
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 22 queries.