Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Front Fort Bag  (Read 6125 times)

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member
  • make it two yellows for me

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2
Re: Front Fort Bag
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2005, 01:47:17 AM »

Skull,

I also put an H-D overnighter on top of the rka bag & tied it down with H-D bungee cords. Went 1900 miles on a 4 day trip from LA to the Utah HOG rally in June. Worked great & it didn't scratch a thing. Unfortunately, the pic from Utah is too big to send on this site. I also removed the filler panel around the headlight because I use a Headwinds headlight housing & a detachable H-D windshield for the long trips.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 01:48:50 AM by yellowsedeuce »

Dirt Bagger

• Junior CVO Member
  • Keep The Shiny Side Up!
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2005, 09:19:28 PM »

WFP,

What pipes are on your SED in the pic.  Are they straight pipes or have baffles?  I also have a deuce (03 silver/blk).  On the topic... wife and I rode from Portland, OR to the 100th party 2-up on the deuce.  With saddlebags, lugage rack, rack pack another bag bunggeed to the rack pack along with our extra coats.  We had enough onboard for a week at a time.  Best ride of my life! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2005, 09:24:40 PM »

WFP,

What pipes are on your SED in the pic.  Are they straight pipes or have baffles?  I also have a deuce (03 silver/blk).  On the topic... wife and I rode from Portland, OR to the 100th party 2-up on the deuce.  With saddlebags, lugage rack, rack pack another bag bunggeed to the rack pack along with our extra coats.  We had enough onboard for a week at a time.  Best ride of my life! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

V&H Big Radius...they are baffled, sort of, but not removeable as far as I can tell...but I may have read somewhere that someone did remove them.

Here's my thread on them:
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=duece_gen;action=display;num=1088630485

I love 'em!

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Dirt Bagger

• Junior CVO Member
  • Keep The Shiny Side Up!
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2005, 09:35:04 PM »

Thanks Bill!

They look great on the Deuce! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2005, 11:03:30 AM »

i have the hd hard bags and really like them. i found them on ebay for cheap and had them painted to match bike. they only take a second to mount so for trips just put them on and take off. they have quick release pins on the inside of bags too. i made a custom luggage rack that attaches to hard bag mounts and had this chromed. in the hard bags i carry tire inflator kit-windzone tool kit- water-warm gloves-map-gps-hat- all kinds of stuff.  good luck ride safe

skull

• Full CVO Member
  • "Getter Dunn"
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2005, 08:13:55 PM »

Thanks Yellow, that is a great option.  I did get the smaller front fork bag just to solve my around town issues (phone, keys, glasses, multi-tool, etc), but I think I will get this to have for an overnight option, or as you guys say, maybe even a whole week.

Thanks again!

Paul

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member
  • make it two yellows for me

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2005, 01:26:23 AM »

No prob Skull,

just wanted to share some creative solutions like so many here on these threads. [smiley=gossip.gif]

Ken
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.