Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: hawg wired vs biketronics  (Read 5607 times)

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
hawg wired vs biketronics
« on: June 27, 2007, 11:08:21 AM »

need some advice from my respected cvo members....has anyone installed either one of these kits and had problems or issues??.......has anyone have years of faithful service with ether one of these kits??..i can never make a disision and have it down to either biketronics  or hawgwired.......heard pros and cons on both kits so hopefully you guys can help me make a disision and get tihis project rolling....thanks headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: hawg wired vs biketronics
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 11:35:27 AM »

need some advice from my respected cvo members....has anyone installed either one of these kits and had problems or issues??.......has anyone have years of faithful service with ether one of these kits??..i can never make a disision and have it down to either biketronics  or hawgwired.......heard pros and cons on both kits so hopefully you guys can help me make a disision and get tihis project rolling....thanks headpan

A buddy local here got one of the HawgWired retrofit packages a year or so ago.  I put it in for him one Saturday afternoon.  Don't remember anything too eventful about the installation.  Straightforward and without unexpected hassles.  He's also not had any difficulties with it since then; or I'd have heard about it.

Jim has no doubt done more than everyone else here put together.  Whatever he says on the subject would be worth listening to.

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 11:38:21 AM »

thatnk 2lane, I suppose jim is hd-dude??
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 11:42:53 AM »

Jim IS HD-Dude.  He installed a 2 channel Hawg-Wired on my bike (as well as about 100 others).  I haven't had many issues, but the one that I had (blown speakers) was taken care of immediately with no hassle whatsoever.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »

No problems with HW so far.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 08:46:02 PM »

Jim IS HD-Dude.  He installed a 2 channel Hawg-Wired on my bike (as well as about 100 others).  I haven't had many issues, but the one that I had (blown speakers) was taken care of immediately with no hassle whatsoever.

I'm one of the hundred others Jim installed mine and Bandanagirl's I also blow a speaker was replaced immediately. If Jim decided to go with HW then it was because he felt it was the better system.

Don.........

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 10:05:30 AM »

no stories of  biketronic installs ??...the way I would like to go is with the hawgwired mounting and install pieces,,,,,but use the biketronics plug for the auto volume control....hd-dude can you sell me what I need indavidually??
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »

no stories of  biketronic installs ??...the way I would like to go is with the hawgwired mounting and install pieces,,,,,but use the biketronics plug for the auto volume control....hd-dude can you sell me what I need indavidually??

Sure can, I'll PM you my number.

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 07:32:55 PM »

well ordered everything from jim/hawgwired today...full kit will be here in a few days....will post comments and install pics when installation is complete..ride on,headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 04:07:02 PM »

I missed the auto volume control big time.. within 20 minutes I thumbed the volume up and down 100 times....very noticable in stop and go traffic ...so I bought the biketronics harness and it was what the doctor ordered....got a refund on the hawgwired harness-20%..(dont agree with the -20% but live and learn..)...still get alot of skipping on the cd's though.....dont think its the mounting kit,,most likely nature of the beast....does do it prettyoften though........must be real smooth roads to not skip......in short I would go with hawgwired mounting and biketronics module...for the biketronics mounting kit is like a chevette next to a corvette..supierior harness with not so good mounting...and hawg wired has a superior mounting with a basic harness...in short if you listen to your tunes in stop and go traffic I highly sugest biketronics harness..and it is fully ajustable...on how much auto volume control is needed,,ride on ...headpan(just my opinion)
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 06:59:55 PM »

I missed the auto volume control big time.. within 20 minutes I thumbed the volume up and down 100 times....very noticable in stop and go traffic ...so I bought the biketronics harness and it was what the doctor ordered.... got a refund on the hawgwired harness-20%..(dont agree with the -20% but live and learn..)...still get alot of skipping on the cd's though.....dont think its the mounting kit,,most likely nature of the beast....does do it prettyoften though........must be real smooth roads to not skip......in short I would go with hawgwired mounting and biketronics module...for the biketronics mounting kit is like a chevette next to a corvette..supierior harness with not so good mounting...and hawg wired has a superior mounting with a basic harness...in short if you listen to your tunes in stop and go traffic I highly sugest biketronics harness..and it is fully ajustable...on how much auto volume control is needed,,ride on ...headpan(just my opinion)

Just to clarify, the product purchased was a kit and in purchasing the kit there is a discount. Since the HSA wire adapter was returned and the mounting parts were kept the kit price is not availible. A full refund of the price paid for the kit was given and the price for the individual parts (less the 10% site discount) was charged. There was not a 20% hit taken on the parts.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 07:05:30 PM by hd-dude »

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 08:43:10 PM »

ok, put a few hunderd miles on her again, this time I had downloaded most of my collection mp3 format...well the disk's I made in mp3 format dont skip at all..thought it was just a coincadence but put a normal cd in ,,and it skips as discribed earlier in this thread,,,put an mp3 formated disk in,,no skips at all,,not sure why,,anyway figred I'd post my findings....ride-on,headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.