Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Non Harley Motorcycles  (Read 8770 times)

CAFatBoy2006SE

• Full CVO Member
  • CVO OCD

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2
Re: Non Harley Motorcycles
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2007, 02:26:39 PM »

I didn't realize there were any other types of bikes other than Harley! I thought those other things were fast bicycles with ugly people on them. Oh well, had a 1975 Honda 750k when I was 15 and a 1986 Honda VF1100 at 21 that I used to ride, but those were years ago and I only rode them to save fuel, even tho it was under a dollar then.  ;) I don't have any pics of those and even if I did its like that ugly girl you never told your friends about, fun to ride as long as no one sees you on them. Cheers!

2006 Screamin’ Eagle Fat Boy
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
18" Drag Specialties Big Buffalo 1.5" Ape Hanger
Custom Mirrors
Eliminator® LED Turn/Brake License Plate Frame
Legend Air Ride
Kuryakyn Lizard Maximus LED Kit
Adjure Diamond Cut Trillient Headlamp & Spots w/ Blue Dots
Nacelle Kit

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 02:40:44 PM »

Only Hogs in this garage...Ridin a Yamahondsuzki or any of euro bikes might be fine for some...but no thanx for me, I always kinda lookes at other brands like: it's like kissin your cousin...might feel Ok ...but would want to get caught doing it :orange:
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 03:18:44 PM »

No Non-Harleys in the stable at this point other than the John Deere, (and as mentioned earlier, it overheats in traffic  :P

I have, however,  in the past had some very nice non-harleys, to whit, honda magna's, a couple of Monsters from the Duc folks, and one hyabusa...    I graduated to the Harleys because I am getting older, the reflexes aren't as finely tuned, the other bikes became too much temptation coupled with actual HIGH PERFORMANCE AND HANDLING for me to safely expose my existance to.  I kinda need to stick around for the wife and kids... and I was suffering under a severe speed and corner addiction, ( two tickets in UK for speen in excess of 180 Mph...  :oops:  )     So, when we moved back stateside from the UK, I took a long hard look at the traffic and road surfaces in Seattle, and said to myself, "'k self!  it's time to ride a LOT slower, so you might as well start LOOKING cool..."  And I started buying cruisers again!, (So came the FXR, then FXDS-conv, then FXDL, then FXST, and now the SEEG2, with a Buell or two in there in betwixt as trainer bikes for the boss lady...)   

I've decided I really like 'em.  Even though they aren't REAL motorcycles, Harley's are pretty nice to ride around on, and they don't have the ugly cousin kissing factor attached to them for some reason....  they actually seem to attract folks that I want to talk too, instead of the little chicky things that suddenly looked horrified when I took off my helmet 'cuz I'm OLD!...   :confused5:

:devil: :sauer021: :devil: :sauer021: :devil: :sauer021: :huepfenjump3:

How's that for stirring the pot!!!!!!?????
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

REGGAB

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 03:38:24 PM »

No Non-Harleys in the stable at this point other than the John Deere, (and as mentioned earlier, it overheats in traffic  :P

I have, however,  in the past had some very nice non-harleys, to whit, honda magna's, a couple of Monsters from the Duc folks, and one hyabusa...    I graduated to the Harleys because I am getting older, the reflexes aren't as finely tuned, the other bikes became too much temptation coupled with actual HIGH PERFORMANCE AND HANDLING for me to safely expose my existance to.  I kinda need to stick around for the wife and kids... and I was suffering under a severe speed and corner addiction, ( two tickets in UK for speen in excess of 180 Mph...  :oops:  )     So, when we moved back stateside from the UK, I took a long hard look at the traffic and road surfaces in Seattle, and said to myself, "'k self!  it's time to ride a LOT slower, so you might as well start LOOKING cool..."  And I started buying cruisers again!, (So came the FXR, then FXDS-conv, then FXDL, then FXST, and now the SEEG2, with a Buell or two in there in betwixt as trainer bikes for the boss lady...)   

I've decided I really like 'em.  Even though they aren't REAL motorcycles, Harley's are pretty nice to ride around on, and they don't have the ugly cousin kissing factor attached to them for some reason....  they actually seem to attract folks that I want to talk too, instead of the little chicky things that suddenly looked horrified when I took off my helmet 'cuz I'm OLD!...   :confused5:

:devil: :sauer021: :devil: :sauer021: :devil: :sauer021: :huepfenjump3:

How's that for stirring the pot!!!!!!?????

I like the Buells.....the older ones like the S3.  Would love to find one just to keep around for fun.
Funny thing is, Bro............Harleys ARE THE REAL MOTORCYCLE.  Actually, that's not funny.  It's true.  They've been around longer than the jap bikes.  The others are just, well, like we said in Korea..........not quite right.
As for the chicky things, you aren't too much older than me...........I don't get that "horrified" look from them.  It's nice to know you still "Got it!"   :2vrolijk_21:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 03:59:04 PM »

It hasn't leaked, shorted out, overheated or any other HD stealer visit ops.  Stops on a dime, goes like a rabbit.
It is air cooled and sounds wicked....I know it is ugly, but hey...

Miker

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2007, 04:16:02 PM »

Hello All,

I was just wondering how many of you have non-Harley motorcycles.  I recently purchased a new 2006 Honda CBR 1000 RR.  The main reason for purchasing the bike was for preservation purposes of my SEUC2.  Because here I ride to work and it rains daily then the sun comes out and gives the paint and chrome a nice waterspot pattern, plus with the commute in the afternoon it is pretty slow and the engine gets pretty hot in stop and go traffic.  I know   :worthless: but I will post some soon.

Mark

I just replaced my (2002 ABS Black 1800 Goldwing) With a New 2008 ABS Pearl White 1800 Goldwing I still have the best of both touring worlds, To check them out click on my link for current bikes. :)

I will post this Sale info for anyone that is looking for a second or third bike that they may want to have in the stable as life is too short to have just one bike.

Honda has done this before. If you are looking for a Cruiser here iswhat we have:

We didn't have any luck getting the models we wanted but here are some deals for those that might be looking. These are on the way to Shadyside, Ohio and are limited to what we get. First come, first serve. These are almost $4,000 below MSRP.

Prices are out the door unless you live in Ohio and then you pay the sales tax and tag.

2005 VTX1800NC25 Orange $9839.00 SPEC 2

2005 VTX1800NC25 Silver $9839.00 SPEC 2

2005 VTX1800R35 Black $9859.00 SPEC3

2005 VTX1800RC35 Red $9939.00 SPEC3

Call Ralph in Shadyside, Ohio at 800-785-6761 if you need more info.

2006_CVO_HD

• 2008 FLHTCUSE-3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE-3/White Frost & Silver Mist
    • www.harleydavidsonbikers.com
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 05:40:10 PM »

I just replaced my (2002 ABS Black 1800 Goldwing) With a New 2008 ABS Pearl White 1800 Goldwing I still have the best of both touring worlds, To check them out click on my link for current bikes. :)

What kind of service/performance are you getting out of the GoldWing with ABS?
LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU GET ONE!!!!!!

REGGAB

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2007, 06:01:31 PM »

It hasn't leaked, shorted out, overheated or any other HD stealer visit ops.  Stops on a dime, goes like a rabbit.
It is air cooled and sounds wicked....I know it is ugly, but hey...

Miker

Actually Bro...........that thing is sweet!  Ducs are COOL!

tntdse

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2007, 12:04:26 PM »

Attached is a copy of my non harley bike that I built.

tntdse

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2007, 12:10:47 PM »

Attached is a copy of my non harley bike that I built.

tntdse
Where is the bike?? :confused5:  ;) :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 12:21:32 PM »

yea i've had harleys since 1970, never rode anything else, i have a 04 seeg with 20 k miles on it,..... last aug. bought an 06  suzuki haybusa, havent rode the harley much since , wish i had bought this haybusa 6 years ago, i wish  i had not been so closed mind about other brands, a year or two ago  i wouldn't even ride with any other brands...... now i'd sell this harley, so i can but the new  08 haybusa,..    it's an 04 blk/blue  seeg  in  a-1 shape ,  how much do you think i can sell it for?

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2007, 12:46:01 PM »

Once I had a VRSCR  :drink:
Ridin Legend

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2007, 12:47:53 PM »

it's an 04 blk/blue  seeg  in  a-1 shape ,  how much do you think i can sell it for?
probably enough to buy a 'non-harley' sport bike.  And my guess is that the SEEG will probably hold it's resale value better than the haybusa.  Just a 'guess' on my part.  ??? spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »

probably enough to buy a 'non-harley' sport bike.  And my guess is that the SEEG will probably hold it's resale value better than the haybusa.  Just a 'guess' on my part.  ??? spyder

spyder

not to take up for the busa but the one I had was the most thrilling, fastest bike I have ever ridden.(177 RWH)
and,,,,,, I sold it back to the guy I bought it from,,,9 months later and 7000 miles for exactly what I paid for it.
that's the exception ,not the rule in jap bike ownership

the guy was building a house and needed some cash.

I was glad to get rid of it,,,,, it scared the chit out of me more times than I care to remember.
Traded 177 hp for the Lowrider with 77.

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2007, 01:37:51 PM »

Hey Chip, don't get me wrong, I'd love to have one (hayabusa) if I had any self-control.......but, I know better.  I was only speaking of resale comparison.  And that, is something that can change in a short period.  I think the SEEGs are one of the better scooters for holding resale value that's out there right now......of course, most scooters are not good investments ($$$-wise)  :oops: har!  :huepfenlol2: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.271 seconds with 22 queries.