Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Protection from salt air  (Read 9291 times)

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Protection from salt air
« on: July 02, 2007, 06:56:18 PM »

My 2003 flhrsei2 is garaged 50 yards from the Pacific all summer.  Aside from regular washing, anyone have a good product that will insulate it  from the salt air corrosion?
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames
Re: Protection from salt air
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 07:21:34 PM »

What about the Harley Bubble that they sell?
2007 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames

United States Army Retired (4x Combat Veteran)
CVMA, H.O.G. Member, Patriot Guard Rider

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 07:23:09 PM »

My 2003 flhrsei2 is garaged 50 yards from the Pacific all summer.  Aside from regular washing, anyone have a good product that will insulate it  from the salt air corrosion?

The thing that will suffer the most are your wheels. My recommendation there is to buy a Mother's Miniball, polish the heck out of em, then go over them with a polysealant and finally a good coat of wax. Painted parts, use the sealant and wax. Also, cover the bike with the CVO indoor cover it came with and wash the cover every couple of weeks. If you keep the bike covered while in the garage, the cover will absorb most of the salt from the air. Just make sure you don't cover the bike while it's hot or it will sweat and then the salt will get all over everything.

B B

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 07:23:45 PM »

What about the Harley Bubble that they sell?

Didn't think of that, That'd work great !!!!

B B

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames
2007 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames

United States Army Retired (4x Combat Veteran)
CVMA, H.O.G. Member, Patriot Guard Rider

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 08:34:04 AM »

Bubble looks good but it being a shared parking lot stealth is better.  In addition, I have no access to power.  I'll try the routine outlined by Spiderman.  Thanks for the feedback.  Happy and safe 4th to all!
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

REGGAB

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 09:25:27 AM »

For all of your unpainted parts like fasteners, you might want to try CorrosionX.  We use it in the military aviation industry.  http://corrosionx.com/  It is available online shipped to your door exempt from 49 CFR as ORMD since it is an aerosol shipped in excepted quantities.

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 02:45:46 PM »

I think this is a problem  that might be more of the luxury type of problem, If your parking your bike 50' from the Pacific ocean for the summer...you aint got any problems !!!!
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 03:48:39 PM »

I think this is a problem  that might be more of the luxury type of problem, If your parking your bike 50' from the Pacific ocean for the summer...you aint got any problems !!!!
You can say that again .Does John Travolta endorse the "Harley Bubble". LOL. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

REGGAB

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 06:03:38 PM »

Yeah......really........I know if I could afford to live there, then I could afford someone to keep the salt corrosion at bay for me.  No worries. :2vrolijk_21:

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 06:19:44 PM »

LOL Reggab...my thoughts exactly....Put an illegal allien to work....wax on wax off :orange: : :jalapeno:
2000 FLTRSEI
 RIDE SOBER

REGGAB

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2007, 06:28:01 PM »

LOL Reggab...my thoughts exactly....Put an illegal allien to work....wax on wax off :orange: : :jalapeno:

Heck Bro..........with the type of jing it takes to live 50 ft from the Pacific Ocean, I'd ditch the illegal, turn him into INS, and hire Chip Foose to hire and train some hot topless blonde in a thong to come out to my house and personally detail my scooter each day...........twice a day.   :2vrolijk_21:  Wouldn't it be oh so nice!!!!!!!  Some people have some REAL challenges don't they? :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock: :bananarock:

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 07:29:06 PM »

Too funny :orange:
2000 FLTRSEI
 RIDE SOBER

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 10:11:31 PM »

There is something that nearly everyone here in Okinawa uses to keep their bike looking its best and that is to take it to a shop that Teflon coats the whole bike a couple of times a year.  It is not perfect and does not take away all of the responsibility but eases the pain tremendously.  Around here nearly everywhere is near the beach.

Seegarz :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock:

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

REGGAB

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2007, 11:59:50 PM »

Too funny :orange:

Yeah.........KEWL!  But wouldn't it be nice?  SCHAWING!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.477 seconds with 21 queries.