Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Author Topic: 08 FLHTCUSE3  (Read 22767 times)

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
Re: 08 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2007, 08:09:02 PM »

Jeff, I agree.  I do not like the Copper (I will call it BROWN).
The "red" and "white" version are better but if you look at the front fender paint it is odd how they sculpted the paint...almost clown like.
Anyway, since I just found the low mileage SEUC I am happy to keep it and I am much more comfortable with the leather tp than before.....for old guys it just takes time.  So in a few months the 08's will likely look better.
 :cherry:

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2007, 10:09:43 AM »

:carrot:

I have first dibs on a 105 SEUC due in on 9-7-07, and or any other color that will come along if I don't like the Copper / Black bike.

As a gear head all of the new technology gets me excited and my local dealer and friend treats me very well on my trades. If the Copper / Black looks good and the bike feels right, I'm in for the 6 gallon gas tank alone! ABS is awesome, my friends BMW is the only bike I have rode with it and liked it. He will never buy anothr bike without ABS and he swears by it.

As usual, this year’s scoots just don't get me too excited when looking on the web; however, as in the past they look totally different in person. I really did not like the paint on both my 2006 & my current 2007 but they both grew on me and I can't tell you how many times people have raved over the paint jobs. I'm an old hot rod guy and to me everything is right in the world with a good old fashioned flamed paint job on it. All this hi-tek paint is nice but I would like to see a paint job like their "California Kid" paint available from the factory.

I have the "California Kid" paint on my 04 Heritage and it is aweome in Yellow.

How about Carrot for the nickname of the new 105 SEUC? :carrot: :carrot:

Casper is a go for the white silver on in my book!

Ride Hard / Ride Safe,   Andy  :coolblue:
Andy

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2007, 10:36:55 AM »

"Carrot" for the 105 SEUC?   :carrot: isn't BROWN, ok Copper.
I sincerely hope the 105 looks better in person and in the sunlight.
Based only on the pics I've seen I would nickname it "Turd"....sorry I just simply could not resist!   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Maybe it's just the way I am feeling this am after too much fun  :drink: last night !  :cherry:   

2006_CVO_HD

• 2008 FLHTCUSE-3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE-3/White Frost & Silver Mist
    • www.harleydavidsonbikers.com
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2007, 11:40:32 AM »

Based only on the pics I've seen I would nickname it "Turd"....sorry I just simply could not resist!   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Oops...... :o
LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU GET ONE!!!!!!

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2007, 02:57:03 PM »

:oops:

OK you are right, Carrot :carrot: was an error i thinking (brain fart). I too tipped a few too many last night and wasent thinking to clear this morning.

However, turd would not be my first choice.

Andy
Andy

charlie

« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2007, 03:37:13 PM »

I like the hard tour pack my leather pack is starting to stretch on my 06, also would like the ABS after riding for a week in the rain and thunder storms in FLA.and back to GA.

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2007, 04:00:32 PM »

:oops:

OK you are right, Carrot :carrot: was an error i thinking (brain fart). I too tipped a few too many last night and wasent thinking to clear this morning.

However, turd would not be my first choice.

Andy

Andy you are right ....sorry.  AND folks I just saw in person the 105 paint scheme at my local dealer. IT was on a 08 softail deluxe and I have to admit it looks MUCH, MUCH better in person.  Still can't tell how it will look on the Ultra but that copper color is indeed copper and really stands out in the light.  So l apologize and retract my statements earlier.. :oops: :oops: :oops: Next time I will keep my fat mouth shut til I see something in person. :cherry:
My dealer thinks that many will complain about the new seats on the touring bikes because the 6 gallon tank took some seat space that previous bikes had.  Other than that he believes the 08's will be widely well received.
New p/a catalog is available.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2007, 04:09:39 PM »

Andy you are right ....sorry.  AND folks I just saw in person the 105 paint scheme at my local dealer. IT was on a 08 softail deluxe and I have to admit it looks MUCH, MUCH better in person.  Still can't tell how it will look on the Ultra but that copper color is indeed copper and really stands out in the light.  So l apologize and retract my statements earlier.. :oops: :oops: :oops: Next time I will keep my fat mouth shut til I see something in person. :cherry:
My dealer thinks that many will complain about the new seats on the touring bikes because the 6 gallon tank took some seat space that previous bikes had.  Other than that he believes the 08's will be widely well received.
New p/a catalog is available.

Does KC have any bikes with ABS yet?

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2007, 04:17:45 PM »

Chuck, not sure. They did have one touring bike there and it had the new calipers but I did not check for the abs...sorry.  The handle bars looked almost naked without the cables.
BTW, the new quick disconnect lower fairing set up is neat.  It can be bought as a kit for $89 and you can buy the soft bags to store them in for $79.  I took off the lowers on my 05 SEEG yesterday and will keep it that way.....it is now a cherry street glide !

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2007, 04:24:29 PM »

Chuck, not sure. They did have one touring bike there and it had the new calipers but I did not check for the abs...sorry.  The handle bars looked almost naked without the cables.
BTW, the new quick disconnect lower fairing set up is neat.  It can be bought as a kit for $89 and you can buy the soft bags to store them in for $79.  I took off the lowers on my 05 SEEG yesterday and will keep it that way.....it is now a cherry street glide !

I wonder how long it will be until they have some rentals to try out? Maybe Earls will get one?

Hey, the bike isn't back together. I thought we had a deal. :nixweiss:

vagabond6542

« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2007, 12:25:52 PM »

I have a BMW R1200C With ABS brakes. And I have to tell you that they are the BEST brakes that I have ever had! However, I agree w/Twolane that it will probably take HD
Several attemps to get brakes that good!
  IMHO, There is no way a human w/regular brakes can stop as fast or as safe with ABS system of BMW.

Don't you think that would depend on the Human element and the bikes that are being ridden on???
I've pulled up short an "01" GL1800 without ABS when I thought there wasn't any room at 70 mph.
I tried it once with my "07" Jester, rear tire always talked to me. Bikes pretty much weight the same. The only differences were the back tires.
Thought to think about.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2007, 12:51:40 PM »

Don't you think that would depend on the Human element and the bikes that are being ridden on???
I've pulled up short an "01" GL1800 without ABS when I thought there wasn't any room at 70 mph.
I tried it once with my "07" Jester, rear tire always talked to me. Bikes pretty much weight the same. The only differences were the back tires.
Thought to think about.

Vag...the other big difference is the front end suspension on a GL compared to an Ultra.  All the weight on the Ultra gets transferred to the front wheel when you get on the brakes hard because the suspension collapses.   The GL, while not perfect in that regard, is better.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2007, 12:57:20 PM »

Vag...the other big difference is the front end suspension on a GL compared to an Ultra.  All the weight on the Ultra gets transferred to the front wheel when you get on the brakes hard because the suspension collapses.   The GL, while not perfect in that regard, is better.

Regardless of all of this, averaged across all riders, bikes with ABS produce shorter stops. Of course a professional rider could probably stop just as short, or shorter, but that is the exception.

When we go to Sturgis and get stuck in the parade riding Needles Highway or Iron Mountain Road and you see the new riders out there afraid to lean through a turn, I wish they would have ABS.

There are hundreds of thousands of riders out there who need ABS. With the 08 touring bikes, some of them will now be able to get it.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2007, 01:21:20 PM »

Regardless of all of this, averaged across all riders, bikes with ABS produce shorter stops. Of course a professional rider could probably stop just as short, or shorter, but that is the exception.

When we go to Sturgis and get stuck in the parade riding Needles Highway or Iron Mountain Road and you see the new riders out there afraid to lean through a turn, I wish they would have ABS.

There are hundreds of thousands of riders out there who need ABS. With the 08 touring bikes, some of them will now be able to get it.

Totally agree, Chief....Hardly anybody is able to stop as quickly as ABS allows.  When anyone, regardless of experience, gets into TRUE panic mode stopping, it's hard to make the brain do what it needs to do unless you've practiced an awful lot.  We'd probably all be shocked at how many riders are out there who do not utilize their front brakes as much as they should.  A lot also don't have a clue about countersteering, or at least are not concious of it.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2007, 01:27:54 PM »

Totally agree, Chief....Hardly anybody is able to stop as quickly as ABS allows.  When anyone, regardless of experience, gets into TRUE panic mode stopping, it's hard to make the brain do what it needs to do unless you've practiced an awful lot.  We'd probably all be shocked at how many riders are out there who do not utilize their front brakes as much as they should.  A lot also don't have a clue about countersteering, or at least are not concious of it.

Since I put the new pads on I got from Traxxion, I've been really working on stopping quick, because now its so damn fun. The difference is that I'm stopping when I want to, where I want to. It's all planned out, there isn't any panic involved and reaction time isn't an issue.

Now, in a real emergency, every single one of those points is the opposite of reality.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.