CVO Technical > Drive Train

Isolated Drive System

<< < (2/4) > >>

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: Chief on July 09, 2007, 12:33:30 PM ---I'm wondering if this is the solution to straight-cut tranny gears. Get rid of the 5th gear buzz.

--- End quote ---

Now there's a Harley-esque solution for you.  Fix a simple machining question in one place by adding a wholly new and unnecessarily sophisticated system someplace else.

iski:
If this absorbs torque power pulses, it also absorbs torque.  Less tq/hp?

Will await real time reports on this.  Looks like a vibration damped sprocket - sort of.

grc:

Umm, guys, any of you ever own a Japanese bike in the 60's (or 70's, 80's, etc)?  What you're seeing is H-D reaching into the past and borrowing a device that was standard equipment on every unit construction bike I ever owned.  The rubber "cush drive" system attempts to dampen power train impulses, similar to the compensator H-D uses.  Pretty slick how they get you to hand them over $300 for something that should have been part of the design from the git-go.

Jerry

Boatman:

--- Quote from: Chief on July 09, 2007, 12:33:30 PM ---I'm wondering if this is the solution to straight-cut tranny gears. Get rid of the 5th gear buzz.

--- End quote ---

Pretty much what I thought too.

Boatman:

--- Quote from: grc on July 09, 2007, 01:46:58 PM ---Pretty slick how they get you to hand them over $300 for something that should have been part of the design from the git-go.

Jerry

--- End quote ---

The MOCO is about as crafty as they come. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version