Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: INTERCOM SYSTEMS  (Read 1504 times)

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
INTERCOM SYSTEMS
« on: July 11, 2007, 10:43:07 AM »

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH PASSENGER TO RIDER INTERCOM OR BIKE TO BIKE COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS? I RIDE A ROAD KING.
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: INTERCOM SYSTEMS
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 08:34:57 PM »

Hi don,
you should check out this system and this company for CB/Intercom setups. Several people I know use their system with good results.

http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=24

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 10:33:31 PM »

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH PASSENGER TO RIDER INTERCOM OR BIKE TO BIKE COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS? I RIDE A ROAD KING.
Don, I just purchased Blueant Bluetooth Interphone . They work great for 2 people up to 500 fet . You will need to where full face helmets or the wind noice from the mike is bad. The talk time is 5 hours and very clear. You can also hook them up to a phone or Garmin GPS. But only one connection at atime. you can switch between them $190 bucks each.  The unit is very small and attaches to the helmet very easily   Billy  blueantwireless.com
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

EGUC7

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 12:00:28 AM »

Back when I bought my first bike (Jan '04) I assumed only MoCo parts would work on a MoCo. bike.  So, for the Ultra I bought a H-D helmet and the H-D headset for my self, and the same set up for a "guest" helmet.  My daughter, sister and several other riders have used it and it worked fine.  Good sound quality, and the VOX worked great.  I now know that in a very few situations, the aftermarket does provide for other choices  but according to what the dealers say and all the information from H-D those products are just not as good (??????????).  I still use the helmet/speaker set up occasionally but not very often.  I have a better helmet and don't ride two-up much.

Ride Safe.
Walt

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 05:17:12 PM »

We have been using the Chatterbox 50 since '99 with no problem. Like that the whole system was less than $150. Used with open face helmets for first 6 years, only problem is they don't like water, remove quickly in rain.
Helmet Shop in Daytona has everything you need and will install for free if you are there. But any moron could install.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.