Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CB Channel and GMRS  (Read 1534 times)

WildClyde

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 FLHXSE
CB Channel and GMRS
« on: July 19, 2007, 02:06:10 PM »

Hey CVOers,

Question 1: What CB channel do you folks ordinarily use to communicate with on the open highway? I am leaving for Sturgis on Sunday the 28th of July and am looking forward to chatting up anyone I run across.

Question 2: Has anyone been able to integrate a GMRS radio into the Harley Harmon/Kardon Advanced Audio system? Is there available a module for module replacement of the CB module with a GMRS module?

Thanks,

Clyde

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: CB Channel and GMRS
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 02:23:07 PM »

Wild,
There isn't, to my knowledge, a module-for-module swapout of the CB module with a GMRS module.  J&M sells some modules that lets you run portable FRS radios through the audio system on a Harley.  I would venture to guess that would work as you can get FRS/GMRS radios as one unit now.  Check out their website.

As far as what channel to use on CB, when I'm riding solo, I'll monitor Channel 19 (the trucker channel). When I'm in a group, then we usually decide ahead of time what channel to use.  Once again, to my knowledge, there isn't a channel, per se, that motorcyclists meet on.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

EGUC7

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 05:22:19 PM »

From the Department of Totally Useless Information Which Consumes Bandwith Needlessly - At least around here (and I don't know if this is just local) the Gold Wings guard Channel 1 and the Trikers guard Channel 3 (3 wheels you know).  Most of the riders I know that use CB's just use Channel 19.

Ride Safe.
Walt

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 08:36:28 PM »

It's a shame there is not a national biker CB channel but i guess it's rare to find a bike with the CB except for organized runs. I imagine there is also a range factor in that the bike CB has a shorter range compaired to the large trucks with dual antennas?
I know when riding with the Blue Knights they set their CBs based on the Chapter number sponsoring the run. Ex. If Virginia 5 is sponsoring it then it's on channel 5. If Maryland 10 is sponsoring then CBs are set to channel 10.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.