Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LED Lights need a load equalizer....How to install it??  (Read 3091 times)

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
LED Lights need a load equalizer....How to install it??
« on: July 19, 2007, 04:10:01 PM »

I just receieved my Kuryakyn LED front turn signal insterts.  The install of the lens is farily straight forward.  However, it states that a load equalizer will need to be installed.  Here are the directions that came with the two pieces...

http://www.kuryakyn.com/documents/installation/4836-23HD-0706.pdf

Has anyone did this yet?  It also says that if you have the rear panacea light set up (which I do), to just splice it in with the load equalizer already in use.

OK, where the hell do I find this.  Under the seat I assume?  Help a non mechancial brother out :D

Anyone have pictures!  I'm a visual learner. :'(
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: LED Lights need a load equalizer....How to install it??
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 07:46:01 PM »

Since you already have the Panacea tailight start by  removing the seat.  Right behind the battery opening you should find the Panacea controller plugged in the bike's rear wiring harness.  There should be an extra plug about 1/4" wide that the 2nd equalizer will plug into (the 2nd meaning the one that came with the turnsignals).  The other 1/4" plug should have an equalizer in it when the taillght was done.  Go to the Panancea taillight install instructions and they will show you what you are looking for.  Good luck and hope this helps.

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
Re: LED Lights need a load equalizer....How to install it??
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 12:17:13 AM »

Thanks Boatman. I'll give her a try.

BTW, the dealer put in the panacea, so I do not have the instructions for that install, but I think I can look them up on Kuryakyn's website.

Appreciate the response.
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.