Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Would anyone be 100% sure that the RKC and 03 SERK Plastic Seat Pans same?  (Read 3457 times)

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF

This is my final hour of desperation on getting a seat to work for me. I'm want to have Russell build me one but I must be certain 100% Positive that the seat pan off the RK or RKC is the same as  the 03 SERK seat pan.

Also if anyone has a beat 03 SERK seat and wants to part with it let me know or a RK OR RKC  if it will fit.

TIA,
John
JR

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4

Corbin told me that 03 did not because of the plastic covers over the wiring on 07serk...I am waiting too.
The Progressive 440 rear shocks have helped alot to the pint the seat a little more comfy, very little.

Miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

This is my final hour of desperation on getting a seat to work for me. I'm want to have Russell build me one but I must be certain 100% Positive that the seat pan off the RK or RKC is the same as  the 03 SERK seat pan.

Also if anyone has a beat 03 SERK seat and wants to part with it let me know or a RK OR RKC  if it will fit.

TIA,
John

Any RK seat from '97 on will fit your SERK. I ran my HD RK Touring Bucket from my '99 on 3 RK's before the SERK. I use it on my SERK now, until I just recently, where I picked up a Sundowner to replace it. The seat/frame/tank/console setup is the same on all RK's, even though some models have different looks. Not good on '08's though! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

Any RK seat from '97 on will fit your SERK. I ran my HD RK Touring Bucket from my '99 on 3 RK's before the SERK. I use it on my SERK now, until I just recently, where I picked up a Sundowner to replace it. The seat/frame/tank/console setup is the same on all RK's, even though some models have different looks. Not good on '08's though! Hoist! 8)

REPLACE!?!   You mean you're retiring THAT seat. 

Holy crap, just felt a little thunk.  Think it was the world tilting on its axis......  :huepfenlol2:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

REPLACE!?!   You mean you're retiring THAT seat. 

Holy crap, just felt a little thunk.  Think it was the world tilting on its axis......  :huepfenlol2:

Don't collapse just yet! I couldn't do another trip on it. The Sundowner seemed similar, and it was cheap as chit! Now I can restuff my old one at my convenience! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF

Corbin told me that 03 did not because of the plastic covers over the wiring on 07serk...I am waiting too.
The Progressive 440 rear shocks have helped alot to the pint the seat a little more comfy, very little.

Miker
"Corbin told me that 03 did not because of the plastic covers over the wiring on 07serk"

HUH? Please explain as I do not understand? Are the RKC and 03 SERK seat pans the same?

Thanks,
John
JR

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF

Hoist what about the difference in the width or the 03 SERKS dash vs the regular RK and RKC or RK Custom?

Thanks,
John
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 01:51:13 PM by JjR »
JR

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

Hoist what about the difference in the width or the 03 SERKS dash vs the regular RK and RKC?

Thanks,
John

The dashes don't matter. I use a seat from a '99 RK on my SEK. It fits fine. The P&A book shows all RK seats working from '97 on. My SERK has a plastic trough and the seat fits fine. I don't know why an '03 SERK would be any different than my '03 RK. If it is, that would be the first RK model, that '97-on RK seats don't fit, that I know of. More than this, I can't tell you. This is what I know of it. Hope it helps you. It would be a shame to get rid of the bike because of a seat issue. This bike is a Rolling Barcolounger to me. RK's always have been to me. But we all feel differently on different bikes. I hope you find something that works for you.

Hoist! 8)

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF

The dashes don't matter. I use a seat from a '99 RK on my SEK. It fits fine. The P&A book shows all RK seats working from '97 on. My SERK has a plastic trough and the seat fits fine. I don't know why an '03 SERK would be any different than my '03 RK. If it is, that would be the first RK model, that '97-on RK seats don't fit, that I know of. More than this, I can't tell you. This is what I know of it. Hope it helps you. It would be a shame to get rid of the bike because of a seat issue. This bike is a Rolling Barcolounger to me. RK's always have been to me. But we all feel differently on different bikes. I hope you find something that works for you.

Hoist! 8)

Hoist,
So you think that the RK Custom seat would work as well? Believe me this is a last dicth effort as I freaking love the bike but what is the use if you can not ride it more than a couple hours.

I have delt with the folks at Russell for many years and they have always built great seats, theonly draw back it may look out of place on my SERK.

John
JR

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

Hoist,
So you think that the RK Custom seat would work as well? Believe me this is a last dicth effort as I freaking love the bike but what is the use if you can not ride it more than a couple hours.

I have delt with the folks at Russell for many years and they have always built great seats, theonly draw back it may look out of place on my SERK.

John

Yeah people say that about the seat I use. But I like the Standard, Black-studded look of the stock RK's. And I have all the matching accessories for it. So I use a Studded Touring Bucket on mine for trips. Get a good seat that works for you. Even if you have to have one fitted for you for whatever reason. Don't worry what people think. Be comfortable on the Road! Period! You can always put the stocker on for looks or for short rides, if the look matters for whatever reason.

I'm setting mine up for 2 completely different looks. Hard Bags w/ the studded seat, backrests and saddlebag crash bar bags. And I can switch it to the stock SERK Leather Barhopper look anytime I want, in 10 minutes! ;)

Hoist!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4

"Corbin told me that 03 did not because of the plastic covers over the wiring on 07serk"

HUH? Please explain as I do not understand? Are the RKC and 03 SERK seat pans the same?

Thanks,
John

Flhrc has the wide dash like standard flhr unlike the narrow dash of the serk.  the 03 serk dash is the same as the 07.. Corbin cancelled my order for the 03 seat for my 07 saying the electrical conduit boxes on 07 are different.  My butt is sore now too.

Miker

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF

Yeah people say that about the seat I use. But I like the Standard, Black-studded look of the stock RK's. And I have all the matching accessories for it. So I use a Studded Touring Bucket on mine for trips. Get a good seat that works for you. Even if you have to have one fitted for you for whatever reason. Don't worry what people think. Be comfortable on the Road! Period! You can always put the stocker on for looks or for short rides, if the look matters for whatever reason.

I'm setting mine up for 2 completely different looks. Hard Bags w/ the studded seat, backrests and saddlebag crash bar bags. And I can switch it to the stock SERK Leather Barhopper look anytime I want, in 10 minutes! ;)

Hoist, will the Road King Custom seat pan work as well on my 03 SERK?

TIA,
John
Hoist!
JR

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

I don't see why it wouldn't John. If you have the seat, just try it out! ;) Hoist! 8)

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF

I don't see why it wouldn't John. If you have the seat, just try it out! ;) Hoist! 8)

Hoist,
No I do not have the seat but I did find one on Craigslist, if I bought it I would have it shipped direct to the builder to save a few bucks, perhaps I will have it shipped here instead.

I just do not want to blow any more money on stuff that will not work
JR

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

Hoist,
No I do not have the seat but I did find one on Craigslist, if I bought it I would have it shipped direct to the builder to save a few bucks, perhaps I will have it shipped here instead.

I just do not want to blow any more money on stuff that will not work

Unless there's something specifically different about a RK Custom Seat or an '03 SERK, I can't see why it wouldn't fit. But I've never owned or tried either. But like I said, all the seats in the Catalog are for '97&up RK's. The trim differentiates them for the different RK models, as far as I know. Hoist! 8)

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.