Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: CD Player Skips  (Read 4308 times)

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
Re: CD Player Skips
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2004, 11:08:50 AM »

I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this problem but I went out for a nice ride Saturday with some friends down the Jersey coast to Cape May, on Sunday morning I had to leave very early to be home for kids football game the tempature for my ride was a chilly 40 degrees now my issue is the CD player skipped horribly and I tried 4 different CD's and the skipping continued. Later that afternoon when the tempature warmed a bit the problem went away, is mine an isolated issue? so those of you riding in the cooler weather please keep me posted if you experience similar. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2004, 11:13:13 AM »

O'Fender....I don't think it's a cold weather issue.  Mine skips and stumbles regardless of the temperature.  I ride in anywhere from 70 to 100 degree temps and the  performance is lousy at all of them except for the rare instances when it works correctly.  I've pretty much deep sixed the CD portion and plug in my IPod  with 1000 plus songs.

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2004, 12:13:05 PM »

BLM777,

Where do you hang or mount your ipod?
05 Green FLHTCSE2
Vance and Hines Dresser Duals
SE performance mufflers Kerker Mikuni baffles
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2004, 03:57:12 PM »

BLM777,

Where do you hang or mount your ipod?
i purchased three pouch set that goes behind windshield. didn,t want to hard mount--ak
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Dallas

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2004, 06:49:01 PM »

I THINK THE SOUND SYSTEM IS EXCELLENT.  THE BEST I'VE HEARD ON A MOTORCYCLE
ON MY BMW YOU COULDN'T HEAR IT AT ANY SPEED.
MY CD HAS NEVER SKIPPED AND THE RADIO RECEPTION IS ALSO EXCELLENT.

103Eagle

• Full CVO Member
  • Always Lookin fer sumtin but dunno what!
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2004, 09:56:20 PM »

Guys I am curious if this skip problem is limited to 2004 models only or both.  I have added a poll so please vote.
Thanks

103Eagle
2004 FLHTCSE, HD Race Tuner, D-D Performance Fat Cat Exhaust, Ghost Pipe, SE High Flow Air Cleaner, Detachable King Tour Pak, RCA Lyra MP3 player and some chrome goodies! 2009 Street Glide

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2004, 11:22:14 PM »

Mine is an 05....Has only skipped when I hit a really hard bump. I only have about 500 miles though, We'll have to see how it plays out with more time on it.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2004, 08:28:47 PM »

I have experienced the skipping issue, however it has been on "burned" CDs so far.  I have not attempted to utilize the CD player on others.  

kbiforce

• Junior CVO Member
  • I'd rather be twisting the wick!!!!!!!

• CVO1: 2004 Black/Blue
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTK
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2004, 09:21:13 PM »

Never had a skip problem but was having a problem with the sound cutting out on the left speaker only. The final fix was replacing the radio.

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2004, 11:09:30 AM »

Finely had time to address CD skipping. I,ve been downloadind tunes to apple ibook and burning cds (  real easy)  . Now can,t live without it . Took seeg in tuesday morning they contacted Raido Sounds before 3pm eastern and they shiped new unit next day air.MY dealer call wenesday said  seeg ready for pick up. THATS  CUSTOMER SERVICE. Having a good dealer,good product,and good information from this site made that turn around happen.  BEST WISHES TO ALL-AK

,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2004, 11:27:47 AM »

Finely had time to address CD skipping. I,ve been downloadind tunes to apple ibook and burning cds (

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2004, 02:39:30 PM »

AK; Where do you take your bike in the Bay area?

hd, AK takes his three bikes to Santa Cruz for service.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2004, 07:25:20 AM »

Hi guys,
I gotta say, I love this site! [smiley=beerchug.gif]
I only foud this site a few days ago and I'm working my way through the threads and then I see CD skipping... and I thought it was just me! [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
I've been cleaning CD's like crazy, even got out the disc washer machine -- nothing helps. [smiley=furious.gif] It doesn't matter, smooth road, bumpy, hills or flat, fast or slow, temps, everything. [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] I've got the B/B but the wife just got the Cherry and we haven't been able to test that player yet.
Well I'm definitely taking her in - the CD was one of the things I really looked forward to and like I said I thought it was just me. I've been toying with the idea of XM radio, but I'm waiting on someone to come up with a good mounting setup. I'll keep reading, someone probably already posted something about it. If any of ya'll know the answer, please let me know! Merry, Merry!
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2004, 07:54:31 AM »

Welcome to the sight WECVO . [smiley=beerchug.gif]

103Eagle

• Full CVO Member
  • Always Lookin fer sumtin but dunno what!
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2005, 03:36:08 PM »

Yo All,
    My bike is in the shop for winter nap time and also a few warranty items.  One being the cd skipping problem.  I advised them how this survey seems to point at the 04 models but they tried to diagnose the problem anyway.  Of course it would not skip for them, only for me LOL!  Well I again advised them of this message group and advised them to at least call Radio Sound and ask.  Gee, guess what......Radio sound promptly asked for my vin number and without any further questions told my service dept. that they are sending out a new radio unit.  Hummm, guess this group knows its stuff and sometimes we have to push the dealers a bit.  It also seems to point to the fact that Radio Sound agrees that therre is a problem with the 04 models since they did not hesitate to plain replace the radio.  
Good Work Guys!  Communication goes a long way!
103 Eagle
[smiley=beerchug.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE, HD Race Tuner, D-D Performance Fat Cat Exhaust, Ghost Pipe, SE High Flow Air Cleaner, Detachable King Tour Pak, RCA Lyra MP3 player and some chrome goodies! 2009 Street Glide
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 23 queries.