Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Bikes Undercover... Bike Covers  (Read 9432 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Bikes Undercover... Bike Covers
« on: August 06, 2007, 01:25:16 PM »

Was reading Thunder Press today and saw an ad for a bike cover and was wondering if anyone had tried them. Check them out here - Bikes Undercover. They are for indoor use and are really inexpensive (Touring - $21.95 plus $12.95 S&H).

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

Re: Bikes Undercover... Bike Covers
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 04:50:36 PM »

After I asked about this particular cover I got to thinking how many of us cover our bikes indoors so I've added a poll. There are two sets of questions I would like answered, and have set the poll up to allow two answers. Would like to know if you do or don't use a cover (motorcycle or other type), and do you feel they are beneficial or not necessary. I'm undecided whether I want to use one or not. TIA.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 06:27:28 PM »

I need to qualify my answers to the poll.  Normally, I do not use an indoor cover, nor do I think they are necessary in my case.

However, if I clean the bike up really well, polish, etc...I will use my CVO cover IF it's going to be more than a couple of weeks before I ride again.  Did that right before our last trip, when we met you, Gary.  Detailed the bike almost 3 weeks prior to the trip, so I covered her up then.  Rode the Vrod when we wanted to ride.  Before I left on the trip, cleaned up the V, then covered her while we were gone.  First time either CVO cover was used.

If I lived or parked my bike in a dusty/dirty environment, would cover, but only after getting the dirt off.  Mine stay in the basement, so get nothing on them other than a fine fuzzy type dust, probably because the Washer/Dryer is close by.  Nothing that a California Duster won't get off in about 30 seconds.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 07:10:58 PM »

Terry,
I'm in similar situation concerning the light dust and have been using a California Duster to remove it, but had wondered if it would be beneficial to use a cover indoors. On previous bike I would use some sheets to cover it after detailing to keep the dust off of it, and now trying to decide whether it's worth using an indoor cover. Never had my CVO cover out the bag to use it.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

hogasm

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 07:35:00 PM »

Terry,
I'm in similar situation concerning the light dust and have been using a California Duster to remove it, but had wondered if it would be beneficial to use a cover indoors. On previous bike I would use some sheets to cover it after detailing to keep the dust off of it, and now trying to decide whether it's worth using an indoor cover. Never had my CVO cover out the bag to use it.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Want to sell it?  The environment here is soo bad we cover ours as much as possible

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 07:40:39 PM »

Want to sell it?  The environment here is soo bad we cover ours as much as possible
Sorry, don't want to get rid of it. If I were ever to sell the bike I would want all the "CVO" related stuff to go with it. If you're in need of covers check out the link that started this thread they seem to be reasonably priced. Another company I know of that has nice covers is Exigent. I've actually seen and know of people that have used the Exigent rain covers and they have been very pleased w/them.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 07:45:24 PM »

dOOd

I have a cover for the Mustang, the boat, the 03 Classic#1, the Lowrider and the Frontier.
Do I use them?   NOPE!
They, the scooters and the Classic#2 all stay inside and clean.
Have two California Dusters (regular size and mini) to keep the dust off.

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 08:48:59 PM »

I am too anal not to cover my scoot always and it is stored inside. i also have the regular and mini California dusters as well. I keep the mini duster in my saddle bag with microfiber towels and instant detailer as well. After a days ride I will cover the scoot as soon as its cool.Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

REGGAB

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 09:55:41 PM »

Once I return home from a ride, I allow the bike to cool.  Then I clean it and cover it.  So, yes, I use my supplied cover inside my garage.  I think it is necessary because if I didn't, there'd be CVO Boxer nose prints all over the bike.  They really like the smell of Bright Max Detail Spray, and they love the smell of Glare.  When I'm on the road, I clean the bike, then cover it with the Oasis Day Cover.  Keeps the dew off the seat.  Also when on the road, in addition to the supplied security system, I use a Kryptonite brake disc lock and reminder cord for security.  Both of these deterrents are backed by a large bore bullet launcher.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 10:00:07 PM »

Both of these deterrents are backed by a large bore bullet launcher.

Henry

Bring that to H/S and we can compare!
No racin though! ;)

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 10:19:32 PM »

Gary,
I always cover the bike after I clean it up.  If I don't get a chance to clean it after a ride, I'll leave it uncovered, but as soon as I clean it, it gets covered with the indoor cover.  I get a lot of dust in the garage for some reason and the cover works well in keeping that off the bike.  I also have a large Cal Duster that I use too. 
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 10:32:41 PM »

Once I return home from a ride, I allow the bike to cool.  Then I clean it and cover it.  So, yes, I use my supplied cover inside my garage.  I think it is necessary because if I didn't, there'd be CVO Boxer nose prints all over the bike.  They really like the smell of Bright Max Detail Spray, and they love the smell of Glare.  When I'm on the road, I clean the bike, then cover it with the Oasis Day Cover.  Keeps the dew off the seat.  Also when on the road, in addition to the supplied security system, I use a Kryptonite brake disc lock and reminder cord for security.  Both of these deterrents are backed by a large bore bullet launcher.
When I'm on the road I do use the Touring Motorcycle Cover Without Eagle Logo, Disc Brake Lock and Reminder Cord, along w/the Harley-Davidson® Security System Smart Siren II, and Harley-Davidson® Security System Pager Receiver II. Also a large caliber "persuader" has been known to travel along too. ;)

Gary,
I always cover the bike after I clean it up.  If I don't get a chance to clean it after a ride, I'll leave it uncovered, but as soon as I clean it, it gets covered with the indoor cover.  I get a lot of dust in the garage for some reason and the cover works well in keeping that off the bike.  I also have a large Cal Duster that I use too. 
That's my problem/concern too (dust) and was wondering if it would be worth covering. It's not a lot of trouble to run the Cali Duster over it, but was wondering if it's beneficial to cover it. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

bobaroni

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 1999 Dyna LowRider
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 09:32:53 AM »

Was reading Thunder Press today and saw an ad for a bike cover and was wondering if anyone had tried them. Check them out here - Bikes Undercover. They are for indoor use and are really inexpensive (Touring - $21.95 plus $12.95 S&H).

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I see this person in the poll.I Use Something Other Then A Motorcycle Cover Indoors  1 (2.4%)
Could it be...........the "bubble"? :o

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 09:49:45 AM »

If they are in the garage they are covered, dogs & cats everywhere and thier hair is all over.
My wife says that dog hair in our house is a condiment....

When they are in the trailer, no covers are needed, no dust, no hair, they stay perfrectly clean, shoulda boughta bigger trailer.

Miker

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 09:54:36 AM »

When I'm on the road I do use the Touring Motorcycle Cover Without Eagle Logo, Disc Brake Lock and Reminder Cord, along w/the Harley-Davidson® Security System Smart Siren II, and Harley-Davidson® Security System Pager Receiver II. Also a large caliber "persuader" has been known to travel along too. ;)
That's my problem/concern too (dust) and was wondering if it would be worth covering. It's not a lot of trouble to run the Cali Duster over it, but was wondering if it's beneficial to cover it. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
It's not a hassle, at least for me, to cover the bike when in the garage at home.  Takes about 30 secs to put it on.  I use the "logo-less" touring cover when I'm on the road also, unless of course, it's safe and sound in the garage of the toy hauler, then I don't cover it and keep the exhaust fan on in the "garage" to keep the dust particulates down.  I carry along the ICE detailer spray and micro-fiber towels when on the road to take care of bugs and other stuff.

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 21 queries.