Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Bikes Undercover... Bike Covers  (Read 9433 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Bikes Undercover... Bike Covers
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007, 10:15:38 AM »

I also have a "Harley Bubble", that ain't my belly neither, but have yet to use it.  I bought it for the "oldster but am not sure how it will handle the fumes and crap spewing out of the old fella.  Any thoughts?

Miker

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 10:21:05 AM »

I also have a "Harley Bubble", that ain't my belly neither, but have yet to use it.  I bought it for the "oldster but am not sure how it will handle the fumes and crap spewing out of the old fella.  Any thoughts?

Miker
Doesn't it have a fan circulating air thru it at all times? As long as there is air circulating it shouldn't be any different then sitting out of the bubble in the garage. You may want to place a metal pan or something under bike to catch drippings as they may harm the floor section of the bubble.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

hogasm

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2007, 08:43:57 PM »

My Uncle uses a Honda cover when he travels. His theory is who wants to steal a Honda :nixweiss:

Hasn't been stolen yet :2vrolijk_21:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 08:55:50 PM »

My Uncle uses a Honda cover when he travels. His theory is who wants to steal a Honda :nixweiss:

Hasn't been stolen yet :2vrolijk_21:

Bwaa Haaa haa.

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2007, 06:07:26 AM »

I see this person in the poll.I Use Something Other Then A Motorcycle Cover Indoors  1 (2.4%)
Could it be...........the "bubble"? :o

Yes... it could be the "bubble" ... thanks to my pal flyingwillie, I have the 03 in the "bubble".   :2vrolijk_21:

Bob
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2007, 09:03:10 AM »

I dont bother with a cover in the garage...I come and go thru the garage, and love to sse the bikes when I come in from work. On the road I use an Exigent outdoor cover, I have both. the full protection cover and the smaller top and seat cover. I too clean my bikes soon after returning from a ride.... :orange:
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2007, 09:36:47 AM »

Had the SEEG under the CVO cover once for a couple weeks, didn't like the way the bike looked after removing, seemed as though it kept any moisture trapped. Don't use it anymore.

I did buy a Dowco indoor cover that is made to breath, it is no more then a dust cover. I only use it when I am "making sawdust"
Outdoors I have two covers, a light weight travel cover (packs up small) and a heavy weight cover. I use the lightweight when I take the bike to work, since it will be sitting outside in the sun and dust for a good 12-16 hours. It is OK for that, but when a boomer rolled through one afternoon the bike was very "wet" after removing the cover.

Haven't tried the heavyweight cover.

I also had bought 2 California dusters. Didn't like them, something to do with the treatment that picks up the dust and was leaving streaks on the chrome. Gave them both to my buddy with a black Honda Sabre and a custom CJ-7  :huepfenjump3:

For dusting I use a Home Depot bought "feather duster". Works great, inexpensive and it doesn't retain all the dust - debris like the California Duster does, and the feather duster does a great job of getting in all the little nooks & crannies  :2vrolijk_21:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 11:29:58 AM »

Had the SEEG under the CVO cover once for a couple weeks, didn't like the way the bike looked after removing, seemed as though it kept any moisture trapped. Don't use it anymore.

I did buy a Dowco indoor cover that is made to breath, it is no more then a dust cover. I only use it when I am "making sawdust"
Outdoors I have two covers, a light weight travel cover (packs up small) and a heavy weight cover. I use the lightweight when I take the bike to work, since it will be sitting outside in the sun and dust for a good 12-16 hours. It is OK for that, but when a boomer rolled through one afternoon the bike was very "wet" after removing the cover.

Haven't tried the heavyweight cover.

I also had bought 2 California dusters. Didn't like them, something to do with the treatment that picks up the dust and was leaving streaks on the chrome. Gave them both to my buddy with a black Honda Sabre and a custom CJ-7  :huepfenjump3:

For dusting I use a Home Depot bought "feather duster". Works great, inexpensive and it doesn't retain all the dust - debris like the California Duster does, and the feather duster does a great job of getting in all the little nooks & crannies  :2vrolijk_21:

Duane,
One trick with the dusters is to put them in a paper bag for a few days, it draws the "extra" oil out of them. After that they shouldn't streak but the other dusters work good too.

Ed :pepper:
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 01:30:45 PM »

put them in a paper bag for a few days

Too late Ed, already gave them away. Its OK though, not only is he my riding buddy & scuba partner, he is also my electrician. I think I always come out ahead  :2vrolijk_21:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2007, 03:04:47 PM »

I just ordered the HD oasis day cover, dealer gave me 20% off so I said why not. Anyone else have one?And how do you like it?I liked the orange and black of coarse!!! :orange: :2vrolijk_21: :pumpkin:
hdnut

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2007, 08:29:01 PM »

I see this person in the poll.I Use Something Other Then A Motorcycle Cover Indoors  1 (2.4%)
Could it be...........the "bubble"? :o

I think he could be referring to the use of blankets, sheets, or an old comforter...that's what I generally use on my bikes that didn't come with a special CVO cover.

bobaroni

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 1999 Dyna LowRider
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 11:27:45 AM »

I think he could be referring to the use of blankets, sheets, or an old comforter...that's what I generally use on my bikes that didn't come with a special CVO cover.

Scroll up a little, A/C
Yes... it could be the "bubble" ... thanks to my pal flyingwillie, I have the 03 in the "bubble".   :2vrolijk_21:

Bob
Unless it's the Friday beer thread you must read ALL the posts! ;) :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Muley

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE Red
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 Black
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2007, 05:07:14 PM »

I only cover mine if its detailed and I know it will be awhile before I ride again. I read a article once about a guy who did a lot of cross country riding. He always used an old Gold Wing Cover. In his words "for security nothing beats some good camouflage".

46knuck

• LIVE TO RIDE, RIDE TO LIVE
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2007, 05:47:54 PM »

I used sheets, towels or nothing most of the time. Now I use the HD inside cover and should have started many years ago.  Bought 3 now off flebay at  half the cost and one was new.
2003 Heritage softail
2003 Deuce  SE
1946 Indian Chief
2000 Dyna low rider  (wife)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 09:04:58 AM »

I know I should cover it but I'd rather be able to see it.  I hang in the garage a lot and just like staring at her when I'm grilling and having a beer!  She's covered now while in winter storage.  To tell you the truth, I never had the cover out of the bag for the above reason.   :cherry:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.