Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: SE II Mufflers - Comparison Question  (Read 7214 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: SE II Mufflers - Comparison Question
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2004, 12:09:34 PM »

gvc4 welcome to the board......you're going to like it here.  Pull up a seat and hang out.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2004, 07:12:02 PM »

Just put the down cut Screamin Eagle II 's on my 2002 Deuce. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW ! What a GREAT difference. I love them.

gvc4

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2004, 01:19:46 AM »

My 2002 Deuce was bone stock. The SE II's muffs made it sound like a Harley.

GVC

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2004, 10:32:56 PM »

My 2002 Deuce was bone stock. The SE II's muffs made it sound like a Harley.

GVC

Is the sound of your muflers right at your right ear or more of a "behind you" kinda sound. I've got the slash-out and the sound seems to be right at my right ear and I wonder if I switch to the slash-down if it would move it to the rear a bit? What do you think?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 10:33:41 PM by psychodeuce »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2004, 09:11:35 AM »

Psycho I don't think you want a turned down exhaust.  It might help with your "noise" issue but it creates a hell of a dust and dirt issue.

I think what you're looking for is a longer exhaust, that comes out the back of the bike.

Just my .02 worth.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

gvc4

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2004, 09:52:26 AM »

I have the down slash. I don't think they will blow any road dirt. As far as the sound, I've only ridden it about 30 miles. It is loud & I like it. Did you keep the stock SE muffs? I think the stock SE muffs sound ok. Not near as loud as the SE II's.

gvc

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2004, 11:47:53 AM »

I have the down slash. I don't think they will blow any road dirt. As far as the sound, I've only ridden it about 30 miles. It is loud & I like it. Did you keep the stock SE muffs? I think the stock SE muffs sound ok. Not near as loud as the SE II's.

gvc

GVC welcome to the board.
We'll save your post here......I suspect that by the time you have 3,000 miles with that exhaust, instead of 30, that you'll hate them.  Just my opnion and my experience (a lot of years ago).  If you remain happy with them that's great for you [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  I wish you the best with them.

We're happy to have you join us here.

West Coast GTG   

gvc4

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2004, 07:15:59 PM »

JCZ  I don't think you understand. My SE II Muffs are angle cut down & the others are cut to the outside. Mine are not turned down. The cut is the same as the 2004 SE stock Deuce Muffs. Honestly I would think the sound would be almost the same with each set. The air is forced  to the rear on both.

GVC

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2004, 09:08:49 PM »

gvc

Yes I saved the stock muffs. But more in fear of changing regulatory issues (emmisions/sound levels). I want to be able to get my bike back to the way it was when Harley shipped it if I have to.

Also, I wondered whether things were getting lost in the translation with regards to slash down vs. turned down. I joke about the jumping smiley faces,
« Last Edit: January 07, 2004, 09:16:50 PM by psychodeuce »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2004, 09:09:04 PM »

JCZ

West Coast GTG   

hatchetjak

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2004, 05:04:16 PM »

My FXR4 had Screamin Eagle pipes on it when I bought it. It has good tone and its loud, but not too loud. I looked inside the pipes today with a light and the bottom pipe has had the baffle removed, while the top is still intact. Why would anyone remove just one? It seems like this would create unequal backpressure. The center connecting pipe would help equalize I suppose, but this seems...not right. Set me straight!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.