Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thunder Monster Baffles  (Read 1391 times)

biz44

• F-around...F-around, soon you wont be around!
Thunder Monster Baffles
« on: July 26, 2007, 07:35:43 PM »

I just ordered a set of Thunder Monster Baffles for my 03 SE-Deuce. The person I talked to at their office said that the pipe they did the most R&D on was the V&H Big Radius....and that the baffles are giving a small HP gain, while giving a much deeper/louder sound......exactly what I am looking for! All that and I got my FuelPac 90% dialed in.......I'm happy!!!!

BTW: Does anyone here have any real world experience with the Thunder Monster's in a set of Big Radius pipes???

03'FXSTD-SE CVO Screaming Eagle Deuce.
 08'FLHX Street Glide in Dark Blue Pearl.

mnm327

Re: Thunder Monster Baffles
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 08:24:47 AM »

Yes, I've got them on my 07 Springer.  The sound is great! I get more comments about the sound then any other pipes.   :2vrolijk_21:  Now heres the bad news,  :oops:  I'm still in the process of researching this but my early indications are that these baffles do not provide enough back pressure.   :nixweiss:  Now you might not see the same problems I see with the 110', but I would be aware of it.  I'll let you know what I find out from my testing.

biz44

• F-around...F-around, soon you wont be around!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 07:23:05 AM »

Yes.....Please keep me informed!
03'FXSTD-SE CVO Screaming Eagle Deuce.
 08'FLHX Street Glide in Dark Blue Pearl.

ScottPreston

• '08 FXSTSSE2
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 09:06:24 PM »

Hello,
Just a note and would be interested in any further info. I have an '08 FXSTSSE2 coming the first week in Sept. I just ordered a set of ThunderBlasters, they fit inside the main exhaust instead of replacing the baffles on the slip-ons, apparently there was an EPA required change again so they are recommending installing these and then either removing the baffle completely, (which they tell me provides the correct back pressure) and/or modifying the existing baffle to my own preference. They said they would provide additional info with the order. I like to hear any thoughts regarding this. I have a set on my '06 XL1200C and really like them.
Thanks for any input,
Scott
FXSTSSE '08 Inferno Orange
V&H Big Radius, SERT, IronBags, WindVest 14" Shield, Misc Sissy Bar, Back Rest, Hot Toppers

InfidelHog

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 04:02:25 PM »

Scott,
I did just that for my '02 Roadking with an 88cu and Screaming Eagle 1 download.  I did what they advised and put a set of Thundermonster baffles into my headpipes and removed the baffles from the Vance and Hines slip ons.  I had it dynoed before and then after the install.  There was a 1 HP and similar amount or torque increase.  The only downside is that it is slightly reich between 2500 and 3000 rpms.   It is loud and I like it...
They told me that if I wanted to quiet it down I could install the baffles and modify them to taste of sound.
Good luck.

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 06:38:15 PM »

I just ordered a set of Thunder Monster Baffles for my 03 SE-Deuce. The person I talked to at their office said that the pipe they did the most R&D on was the V&H Big Radius....and that the baffles are giving a small HP gain, while giving a much deeper/louder sound......exactly what I am looking for! All that and I got my FuelPac 90% dialed in.......I'm happy!!!!

BTW: Does anyone here have any real world experience with the Thunder Monster's in a set of Big Radius pipes???

Yes did the same on my 03 deuce and was pleased with the deep/loud sound over the stock V&H baffles.

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 23 queries.