Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 1-3/4 T-Bars  (Read 3334 times)

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
Re: 1-3/4 T-Bars
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 06:51:36 PM »

Aussie,

Nice my friend. You have this neat way of taking a copyrighted term "FatBoy" and redefining it completely. Awesome. It looks so different without SE Stock Tach. You have the most amazing front end now.

I have only one bit of advice: When in the sunlight, wear darker sunglasses... cause surely you blind all who don't.  :cool26:

:drink:

kona76
Mike K.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 02:57:44 AM »

Hey guys don't mean to hijack but you still liking your V&H 2:1s...I love mine...since you are both up on this thread and I see the pics just thought I would ask. :jack:  Sorry :confused5:

Seegarz :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 03:43:40 AM »

Hey guys don't mean to hijack but you still liking your V&H 2:1s...I love mine...since you are both up on this thread and I see the pics just thought I would ask.

:jack:         Sorry        :confused5:

Seegars,

Sure do like them, they sound great & give me good power & torque. Whats not to like, they are still a bit new down here & everyone who has seen mine has a positive comment!

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 11:09:49 AM »

Hey guys don't mean to hijack but you still liking your V&H 2:1s...I love mine...since you are both up on this thread and I see the pics just thought I would ask. :jack:  Sorry :confused5:

Seegarz,

Ya know, gotta tell ya.. After the bike was tuned by a pro, I really started becoming attached to the 2-1 Big Radius. The sound at the top end is amazing, still through all the gears (5), I am loving the performance and sounds.
My only beef is that they send that little relocation kit for the rear right passenger peg, and not the left to balance out the ride. I spoke with some of the sales people, they're on it, but for now it's a sad icing on a good cake. I still have to have mine chromed, as well as the support brackets like Aussie. Overall, I'm gonna say it's a great buy.

Plus, I get more double takes from other owners as it's still new here in the states too. To me, it's a Fat Pipe for a FatBoy.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 11:11:49 AM by kona76 »
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2007, 07:36:43 PM »

Seegarz,

Ya know, gotta tell ya.. After the bike was tuned by a pro, I really started becoming attached to the 2-1 Big Radius. The sound at the top end is amazing, still through all the gears (5), I am loving the performance and sounds.
My only beef is that they send that little relocation kit for the rear right passenger peg, and not the left to balance out the ride. I spoke with some of the sales people, they're on it, but for now it's a sad icing on a good cake. I still have to have mine chromed, as well as the support brackets like Aussie. Overall, I'm gonna say it's a great buy.

Plus, I get more double takes from other owners as it's still new here in the states too. To me, it's a Fat Pipe for a FatBoy.

Kona,

I hear what ya saying about the relocator, it gave me a pain it the a$$ as it did not work at all with the leather tool box I have. But needless to say with a little cutting, drilling, machining & chrome it worked out well, probably better than before. I guess what your saying it had the opposite effect for you!

Cheers
Aussie

PS: Sent Kuryakyn an other email on Friday wondering where my Clevis is (as they say they sent it on 8/6/07 at no charge to me). They emailed me back saying their tracking indicated it was delivered to my Post Office on 8/13/07 so I will be down there tomorrow to have them find it!

« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 07:39:03 PM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 08:29:40 AM »

Kona,

I hear what ya saying about the relocator, it gave me a pain it the a$$ as it did not work at all with the leather tool box I have. But needless to say with a little cutting, drilling, machining & chrome it worked out well, probably better than before. I guess what your saying it had the opposite effect for you!

Cheers
Aussie

PS: Sent Kuryakyn an other email on Friday wondering where my Clevis is (as they say they sent it on 8/6/07 at no charge to me). They emailed me back saying their tracking indicated it was delivered to my Post Office on 8/13/07 so I will be down there tomorrow to have them find it!

Aussie,

I am glad you followed up on the clevis issue. That whole Kuryakyn issue and the Vance and Hines screw up on the pegs.....These are the things that get under my skin. Why not do it right from the gate? I know guys like us are exposed to more manufacturers problems and quality control issues. It's the nature of the industry we bought into. But for the "obvious and foolish manufacturers errors; and to take those products to market without running it by guys like you and me has got to be one of the poorest decision making processes I have ever experienced. I hope they don't go public: the scrutiny would be so embarrassing to the staff and tech departments......

Hope they sent the right one for you.

I resolved the Vance and Hines issue by calling them direct and two pegs should ship this week. Then Chrome them, then install....If they had it right from the beginning, I'd be doing other upgrades instead of filling backordered parts.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 05:12:13 PM »

Aussie,

I am glad you followed up on the clevis issue. That whole Kuryakyn issue and the Vance and Hines screw up on the pegs.....These are the things that get under my skin. Why not do it right from the gate? I know guys like us are exposed to more manufacturers problems and quality control issues. It's the nature of the industry we bought into. But for the "obvious and foolish manufacturers errors; and to take those products to market without running it by guys like you and me has got to be one of the poorest decision making processes I have ever experienced. I hope they don't go public: the scrutiny would be so embarrassing to the staff and tech departments......

Hope they sent the right one for you.

I got it this morning & it appears to be the correct one, it was misplaced at the post office (for the last 2 weeks). Kuryakyn actually supplied & shipped it to me free of charge!!!!

Cheers
Aussie

FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 06:20:19 PM »

I got it this morning & it appears to be the correct one, it was misplaced at the post office (for the last 2 weeks). Kuryakyn actually supplied & shipped it to me free of charge!!!!

Cheers
Aussie

I can feel his holy light shine down upon you this glorious day.

However, when the smoke clears, in reality you paid for the shipping by purchasing the original product. Included in the "margin" are "ship to", "ship from", "return from" and "return to" costs of freight. A common practice of manufacturers who do a great deal of shipping of replacement parts for unhappy customers that get burned by the very same mfg's we purchased from.

Ok, I'll stop picking on them. But, Free of charge? Hell, for the business I gave them personally last year and a half, they should have installed it too. Ya know, sent a little guy in box and.....well you know.

Cheers to the correct pegs and clevis...OCD is ALIVE, ALIVE  :drink:

Kona76
Mike K.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.