Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: need re-mapping?  (Read 6172 times)

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
need re-mapping?
« on: February 11, 2005, 11:51:05 PM »

I have a stock 01' SERG with V&H's slip on's. Typically harley sets the bikes a little rich out of the box. Is it necessary to re-map mine?

starvin

Re: need re-mapping?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 01:07:42 AM »

from everything i've heard and seen the bikes are lean out of the box due to EPA emmisions. however if you only change the pipes you let more air out of the engine but by not changing the air filter you allow no more air in so you'll be OK. you will not however see a big increase in horse power. if you change your air filter and allow more air flow threw the motor you'll need to increase the fuel somehow.

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 08:35:33 AM »

dakota,
if you did not change your air cleaner set up, then you do not need to remap.
however, the bikes run real lean out of the factory. even with the stage 1 reflash.

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 08:48:02 AM »

thank you for the help. I thought all harleys were rich from the factory as they know you are going to change the pipes and air cleaner. I was going off my experience with my Fat Boy. It was very rich from the factory.

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 01:13:18 PM »

Agree with the rest of the boys. Fuel injected bikes are quite lean from the Moco

nrotik

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 04:43:16 PM »

I also heard that they run rich.  So if I change the exhaust and change to the stage one air cleaner, what download is available....

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 10:11:18 PM »

I also heard that they run rich.

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)

osmacat

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 04:24:01 PM »

Had the Stage 1 download done and I didn't notice much at all. The MoCo's way of getting more money.
2006 FLTRI waiting for a FLTRSEI?
2005 SEEG Yellow
2004 FatBoy 95

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 05:31:59 PM »

Had the Stage 1 download done and I didn't notice much at all. The MoCo's way of getting more money.

When that was done to the red bike I actually noticed a bit of difference Cat.  It was cool weather when it happened so that might account for some of it.  But mine had been noticably lean, a bit of popping more than normal, and more than a bit gutless out of the hole compared to what I'd expected.  The stage I download did help the lean condition and made it start better in the cool/cold weather.  Was just generally a bit smoother with a bit more pep too.  

I only had the download done a couple of weeks or so before the Power Commander got tuned.  So it wasn't on a long time.  But it was noticable (at least in a 41-50 degree ambient temerature range) .

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 02:15:55 AM »

I have the RT on mine and I fattened up the low to mid range to make the bike run a bit cooler. This helped some.
 My bike has always had a problem with pinging when the temp is above 85 or so especially if I get caught in town at a few lights. My dealer says it's my imagination, I say, BS, I know detonation when I hear it.
 I have never really been able to get it to stop to my satisfaction.
 I was fooling around with the race tuner some this evening and thought that I would fatten up the cranking fuel table as my bike takes a couple of seconds of cranking when hot to get started.
 While I was messing with that I noticed an accel enrichment table and a decel derichment table. I fattened up the accel enrichment table, and I couldn't believe the difference in the way my bike ran. It really has a lot more snap now and so far no detonation. I'm thinking that the accel enrichment table acts like the accel pump on a carbed bike, and by fattening it up, enough extra fuel is added that when I gas it, it  stops the detonation at throttle roll on. I'm sure that the MOCO mapped this accel enrichment as lean as possible to meet emissions.
 The bike feels like it's running down hill now.
I might try to fatten it up a bit more just to ee wht happens but I'm really happy with the way it runs right now.
 I'm thinking that the decel derichment table would be handy if a guy was having a problem with popping on decel.
 Of course I could always take some time and read the instructions for the race tuner! [smiley=dunce2.gif]
MObe

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 10:40:33 AM »

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2005, 05:06:59 PM »

I have a question on remapping. I see posts here at the site about the stage 1 remap from HD.  I installed a high flow air filter and  a 2 into one exhaust on my bike plus a power commander and had it mapped without the so called stage 1 ECM from HD in the bike. Later when I stopped by the local Harley Dealer I went in to the parts department and asked to purchase a stage 1 download for my 103. They looked at me like I was from Mars and didnt have a clue to what I was talking about. I then went into the service department and asked the same question. They told me that they got the download from the Internet based by the vin number of the motorcycle. What I was trying to do was raise the redline of the bike from 5700 to 6200 rpm. They told me that my bike had the latest map from the factory and all they could do was try and install a custom map to raise the rev limiter. So they downloaded some custom maps and tried to install them. Later I heard the bike on the Dyno. It didnt work. Rumor has it that for right now that the race turner from Harley is the only way to change the rev limiter. One more question trying to install the custom maps will this change the settings of the power commander even if the maps didnt take?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 06:01:16 AM by MAVERICK »
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2005, 10:11:34 AM »

I received my 103 download cartridge yesterday from UPS. I ordered the part online from
Surdyke Harley Davidson. Even after shipping it saved me $ 23.00 over the harley shop in Houston. They had it to me in about 10 days.

[smiley=biggthumpup.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2005, 07:22:22 PM »

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2005, 02:58:39 AM »

Mobe,

I am curious where did you find this accell and decell enrichment table in the race tuner.
MObe
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.