Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: need re-mapping?  (Read 6171 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: need re-mapping?
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2005, 05:59:27 PM »

HotRod,

Over the past weekend I had an opportunity to play with the newest Power Commander and I saw some difference in it and the Race Tuners tuning abilities.  I wasnt playing it with it because I wanted to, but because I was trying to diagnose a ping in the top end.   I still have the ping, but my fuel curve was flatter than it was with Race Tuner and the Torque came in a bit sooner.   The numbers while not impressive were still a smidge better for less money with the same guy doing the tuning.   My best suggestion to you is to get a stage1 download and then implement the Power Commander so you can at least get home if the Power Commander ever dies on you.

Hope this helps,

This was the PCIII usb version.   You can buy it online for under 300 dollars.  Download is  i think around 160 dollars and then whatever your tuner charges I am guesstimating around 250 dollars.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hotrodracer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2005, 07:26:23 PM »

Unbalanced

Thanks for the info on the power commander.  

On friday I got the  R/t (6/05 release date Ver 4.1.2) and had the bike tuned on the dyno. Got the power to 96.29 at 5600 and the torque to 101.89. Still have a little popping on decel at high speed. Overall performance was improved and no nore flat spots.

I have 12 sheets of dyno runs to look at. Overall I guess I am pleased with the results (for now).

Over Labor day I have  a 1500 to 1800 mile trip planned & that will tell me how please I am.

Thanks for the info.
Let's Ride

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2005, 08:23:13 AM »

HotRod,

I am glad to hear you got it all squared away.   You / your tuner obtained better numbers than most have gotten.   I would love to see your dyno sheet  (hint)

http://flhrsei.org/YaBBImages/smilies/worthless.gif
worthless

By the way they can get rid of the popping on decell by using the decell table to remove some fuel when you decell at different ranges of temp.   Your tuner has to have used an A map.   I would let your tuner know that the decell popping is happening.  .

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hotrodracer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2005, 04:56:03 PM »

Ok if I can get this to work here are the dyno sheete before & after.
Let's Ride
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.