Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 49

Author Topic: Dyno Numbers?  (Read 208599 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Dyno Numbers?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2004, 07:07:49 PM »

Here's some information on a set of cams that Woods has made specifically for the HD 103" motor.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 07:21:04 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2004, 10:43:02 PM »

Thanks for the info JCZ,  well worth thinking about seems everybody I talk to say the cam is the killer of this motor.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2004, 09:33:07 AM »

is the stock cam in 103 road king the same cam found in the 103 electra glide. also are the 04 se glide sold in california the same set up for the rest of states and abroud. reading road king section changing air/mufflers results are different that info hd shop gave me--ak
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2004, 09:28:50 PM »

My understanding is that they're exactly the same motor (same cams and all) as the SERK and sold in all the states.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2004, 07:02:40 PM »

Hey guys, the puppy is at Fremont HD getting Dyno Tuned. I told them I wanted a map of "before and after" the tune. So we can see what good this $320 process is.

Does that price sound right to you guys?????? [smiley=nervous.gif]

I will post the results when I get it. I only have the SE Air cleaner kit, HD Race Tuner and V & H slip ons.
I really like the sound of the pipes but I know if I'd of got some 2 into one pipes I would pick the numbers up.

Something for you guys to think about. If I buy new pipes now. I would need to add another $320 to the already high price of pipes for another dyno.

It just ain't fare.

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2004, 08:09:32 PM »

thanks for the before and after. i will buy you dinner for that one.      i went to santa cruz hd with se air cleaner and se slip on mufflers . wanted  to install at 1k servive-----service rep told me unless i changed cams all i,d get was louder(with back fire) little hp/tq  . at that point i took my parts home put new mufflers on my 00 ultra,and have se filter in storage   still in research and development mode  --ak
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2004, 11:41:29 PM »

KingSalmon I will accept delivery of my bike with the high flow air cleaner, Race Tuner and V&H Pro Pipe.  As soon as I get it broke in (1,000) miles I'll be getting it dyno tuned and we'll be able to compare the difference between my exhaust and yours being the only difference.

AK let me remind you of Mel's ( a friend here in Sac) dyno numbers......103" with high flow air cleaner, Race Tuner and Rinehart True Duals came in at 108 hp and 110 lb-ft of torque.  I'd say, based on that one, that the guy in SC is not being totally honest on this issue.  King Salmon's dyno will back this up, too.  I'm equally anxious to see these dyno sheets!

West Coast GTG   

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2004, 10:40:51 AM »

More fluff from the dealer.
I was told the bike was done and went to pick it up and they said when they were dynoing, it blew up my ESI module. I think that is the on board computer. So I left the bike their until it is replaced. They said they put another one in from someone elses bike so I could take it home it I wanted. But would have to wait until my part got in to do the dyno.
Sounds kiinda fishy. Knowing how these dealerships work I really don't know what happened. This is just what I was told.[smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Just to cleaify, I had the air cleaner, race tuner, and pipes installed before I picked the bike up. I had to wait 1000 miles to get the dyno. The 2 sets of numbers I get will only be the before the dyno and after the dyno. Sorry for any confusion.

I left the bike there because it is suppose to rain all week and I can still lower myself to ride the "old" 2001 Ultra if I have to.
[smiley=bigok.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2004, 11:45:58 AM »

KS they took a EFI module from "somebody else's" bike to put in yours, so you could take it home? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

I never had high regard for that dealership to begin with (due to the cross breeding of makes) and now their taking parts off somebody else's bike to "loan" to you?  

In the first place, why do they not have such a common part as an EFI in stock?

In the second place......sounds like the dyno tech. lacks necessary experience.

In the third place....$320 sounds just a little steep to me.  At HD of Sacramento it runs right around $225 depending on how long it takes (it varies from bike to bike and depending on the other mods and the experience of the dyno tech).

West Coast GTG   

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2004, 11:59:32 AM »

I don't like that dealer either. Remember I am the guy who put a deposit at 3 different places and waited for the first to call. That was Fremont just before xmas.
I put all the goodies including the dyno on the loan so I am stuck with these guys for now.
For all I know the dyno guy called in sick or the machine broke.

I would like some other prices on Dyno jobs from other members if possible. I think they came up with 4 hours for the dyno at $80 per. If it takes longer I win, If it takes less I lose.

I did not let them do the 1000 mile service on it.  >:(

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2004, 04:55:37 PM »

Fremont HD still has the bike, parts are not in yet. They called in today saying maybe next week.

I'm still pissed. I'm glad its raining.  

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2004, 05:37:28 PM »

Serk 103 emailed his dyno sheet to me this morning.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 05:38:11 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2004, 10:42:11 AM »

OK you guys, here they are, and of course I have some questions for you.
First of all, sorry I could not get it scanned in color. This multi billion dollar company I work for doesn't have a color scanner.
There are 3 sets of readings. The upper line on each reading is after the tune. The lower line of each set is the before tune.
The air fuel base line I am told is suppose to be 13
I like the numbers I got here but I don't understand why the graph doesn't match the numbers. I was told the graph reading is like an average at that given point and the numbers were true.
A guy was in same time as me with a rice burner that numbers were 146 hp but graph said around 138 hp and they told him the same.
Anyone know anything about this????? I notice the numbers JCZ posted a while back match the graph. Fremont HD's phone number is on the sheet so if anyone wants to call them for clarification tell them Fred Salmon told you to call.

BTW- this is a 04 FLHTCSE, V&H oval slip ons, SE Air Cleaner, HD Race Tuner.

If you guys need me to go to Kinko's and scan you a color print let me know and I'll do it.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2004, 11:49:27 AM »

By the way, the graph and the posted numbers should match.  I don't even know how they could not match.  Was the dyno tech experienced.....how much experience?

West Coast GTG   

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2004, 11:54:14 AM »

Ok really, here they are.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 49

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.