Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 233

Author Topic: What sits in the garage next to your harley ??  (Read 861103 times)

Magic_biky

Re: What sits in the garage next to your harley ??
« Reply #150 on: October 14, 2007, 04:15:55 AM »

here are some other views. In France between the 2 Worls wars, we produced lot of bikes from various french motor co from 100cc to 350cc.
the motor is a swiss MAG motor under licence for DRESCH

Magic_biky

« Reply #151 on: October 14, 2007, 04:17:04 AM »

other side

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2007, 04:37:28 PM »

Magic,
         Thank you for the additional photos. In the states, that would be a rare find. Are there many of them where you are ?  Some of us have talked about a European CVO ride in 2008 . I would love to bring home something like this old bike as a " souvenier "  I mean it's only fair since we send you brand new CVO's while we wait for the here- - is it not ?   ;D

B B

Magic_biky

« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2007, 06:05:23 PM »

Magic,
         Thank you for the additional photos. In the states, that would be a rare find. Are there many of them where you are ?  Some of us have talked about a European CVO ride in 2008 . I would love to bring home something like this old bike as a " souvenier "  I mean it's only fair since we send you brand new CVO's while we wait for the here- - is it not ?   ;D

B B

LOL IF you send me a CVO'08 for sure i'll find & send you almost 2 french oldies ;-)
In europe there were lot of motorcycle cie betwen the 2 world wars so yes there are many oldies like mine. most difficult is to find HH oldies prices are crazy !
A European CVO ride in 08 should be a good idea but if many averseas guys & bikes cross ocean. Are you ready to do it ? If yes, for sure we would organise your arrival & your time in Europe much better than you can imagine  :mango:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2007, 08:03:44 PM »

Magic
         Usually my vacations involve me taking off across the states on my bike alone. This would be different. The Mrs would " Lorena " me if I didn't include her since her Mum was from England. I've put the idea out on the table to her, but so far she hasn't responded. Knowing her, it's probably the time off from work. She has played free agent quite a bit these past few years going after more and more $$$ without much in the way of benefits. All I can say at this point is that I'm workin on it.

B B

SEEG Geezer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2007, 12:45:46 PM »

This is what now sites in the garage next to my CUSE.......

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2007, 01:17:16 PM »

Hey SEEG Geezer......tell us a bit about your 'bobber'.  What frame, motor, etc.   Looks good.  Bet it's  a 'blast', huh?  ;D har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SEEG Geezer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #157 on: November 25, 2007, 12:27:10 AM »

Santee Rigid Frame (which was powder coated with a metallic base so it transforms in the sunlight)
2003 EVO Engine with:
     - SE Hi Performance Heads
     - Andrews Cam
BDL 3" Drive Belt
Harley Wide Glide Front End
Performace Machine Brakes
Ultima Single Fire Ignition

It has a very unique gas tank.......it's 3 dimensional...looks like a skull is trying to excape from the tank.

Was built in the Austin, TX area...very fast ride (weighs close to nothing compared to the CUSE)....not much rake in the neck (no floppiness at all).

Really a fun little bike.......my only real challenge with it is that I'm used to having a speedo with an odometer. Since the bike only gets about 70 miles or so on a full tank of gas, I'm guessing when I fill it up. Since it's got a carb, there is a reserve so I haven't run out of gas yet. I'd guess that last weekend I put about 150 miles on it............with the rigid rear end, it's not really that well suited for these horrible Texas highways, but I was able to keep up with all of the cages and trucks on the highway.....just got beaten to death.

Also, has a really neat rear fender....he cut out part of the fender and backed it with aluminum plate so it looks really great. The pinstriping is well done and the paint job is really cool.

SEEG Geezer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #158 on: November 25, 2007, 12:30:11 AM »

I think the pipes are "L.A.F." brand pipes.......(loud as f***)

My son is coming to visit in about two weeks and he and I are going to tinker with it some (idle is set too high and needs a horn to pass inspection). He is a Harley mechanic at a stealer in a northern suburb of Atlanta, GA. While he is here, we're going to do some serious riding.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #159 on: November 25, 2007, 09:11:08 AM »

I think the pipes are "L.A.F." brand pipes.......(loud as f***)

My son is coming to visit in about two weeks and he and I are going to tinker with it some (idle is set too high and needs a horn to pass inspection). He is a Harley mechanic at a stealer in a northern suburb of Atlanta, GA. While he is here, we're going to do some serious riding.
Thanks for the info.....I know it's a fun scooter.  You can use a squeeze-bulb horn to get by the inspection.  :coolblue: har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #160 on: November 25, 2007, 10:19:09 AM »

Well, not exactly in the garage, but occasionally she will find her way back to my driveway for a little TLC

This is my namesake, a 2004 Cobalt 240 with a Volvo 8,1 Gi dual prop that is supposed to throw out 375 HP.  I can get her over 60 mph if all the stars are aligned, i.e. smooth lake, perfect humidity, light load, etc.

I'm trying to get vinyl letters with the name "WaterHawg" for the rear.
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #161 on: November 25, 2007, 10:28:06 AM »

It's so big it won't even all fit in the photo! :o  Nice boat! :2vrolijk_21:

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2007, 10:31:04 AM »

Thanks.  Now I just need the wife to tell me that about certain parts of my anatomy :D
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2007, 10:34:19 AM »

Santee Rigid Frame (which was powder coated with a metallic base so it transforms in the sunlight)

Com' on now, you should know better
 :worthless:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

SEEG Geezer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2007, 01:35:49 PM »

Here it is again (check two posts prior to the one with the description)..........
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 233

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 22 queries.