Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: CVO FATBOY SEAT REPLACEMENT  (Read 23286 times)

WISHBONE

• Junior CVO Member
CVO FATBOY SEAT REPLACEMENT
« on: September 08, 2007, 12:13:48 PM »

LOOKING FOR IDEAS ON REPLACING THE WORST SEAT THAT HARLEY HAS EVER PUT ON A BIKE.  WHAT HAVE OTHERS DONE TO GET A SMALL AMOUNT OF COMFORT???? HELP AND PIC'S WOULD BE GREAT IF POSSIBLE.
WISHBONE
JIMS 120  145/144
SE SIX SPEED
ALL THE CHROME THAT WOULD FIT

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
Re: CVO FATBOY SEAT REPLACEMENT
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 05:53:10 PM »

LOOKING FOR IDEAS ON REPLACING THE WORST SEAT THAT HARLEY HAS EVER PUT ON A BIKE.  WHAT HAVE OTHERS DONE TO GET A SMALL AMOUNT OF COMFORT???? HELP AND PIC'S WOULD BE GREAT IF POSSIBLE.
WISHBONE

Wishbone,

Welcome to the site, what do you ride & what have you done to it. Some pictures would be great. Click on this link to see an old thread on Fatboy seats which covers quite a few options CLICK HERE FOR OLD SEAT THREAD

Cheers
Aussie

« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 12:15:31 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 07:08:29 AM »

Here's a couple of links of my two seats. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=6906.0 and http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=6045.0

I took the stock saddle and made it my daily driver saddle; still great 10,000 miles later. The two up LePera is for my girl Rose, who's ass is still happy, and worth every penny spent for a seat.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 07:16:38 AM by kona76 »
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 01:59:09 PM »

I am good with the chrome one.Can you belive that my goldwings seat is hurtin my ass and inner tights.Too much chit like graphics on it. :drink:
Ridin Legend

ric97

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 03:04:15 PM »

MCSeating.com is doing my seat, pillion, and backrest...black flames on black leather with gel and higher quality foam...AND keeping the chrome.

He has done several CVO Fat Boys...

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 04:51:42 PM »

MCSeating.com is doing my seat, pillion, and backrest...black flames on black leather with gel and higher quality foam...AND keeping the chrome.

He has done several CVO Fat Boys...
\

We are going to need pictures of this !

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

ric97

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 08:49:41 PM »

\

We are going to need pictures of this !

Cheers
Aussie

Imagine this seat with black flames and black thread...

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 01:53:30 PM »

It looks good.

Did you change the comfort factor? Some millennium foam maybe?

Or how about some thumb tacks as only the wisdom at HD seat designs could create? Is there a more "DEV-ASS-TATING" stock seat available from the MOCO?
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

WISHBONE

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 02:03:40 PM »

THIS SEAT IS SO BAD THAT HARLEY DAVIDSON SHOULD "RECALL" IT FOR IT BEING HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH !!!!!

IT IS THE WORST SEAT EVER MADE BY ANY MANUFACTUER !!!

hehehe!!!!
JIMS 120  145/144
SE SIX SPEED

bknott

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 01:32:58 AM »

I had MCseating do my seat and Pillion. I had him add gel in both seats and widen the pillion a few inches.

bknott

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 01:34:32 AM »

another

bknott

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 01:35:53 AM »

another pic

bknott

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 01:37:20 AM »

This shows the wider pillion seat

bknott

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 01:39:53 AM »

For those who are intrested in the cost the seat was $500 and the Pillion was $250  www.mcseating.com.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 04:50:46 AM »

Bknott,

Looking good.

chers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 10:39:54 AM »

I had MCseating do my seat and Pillion. I had him add gel in both seats and widen the pillion a few inches.

That's a nice looking seat I like the "Screamin' Eagle Emblem. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

rhallman

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 12:57:33 PM »

How long did it take MCSeat to do the upgrade?  Looks great.....

bknott

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 07:52:35 PM »

If you call Mark at MCseating and schedule a time he can turn it around in about a week.

bknott

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 07:57:39 PM »

Thanks Fired00d... I really like that Emblem.   Thanks to a guy on this site. I just called MC seating and asked him to do a seat just like his but change the color on the Emblem to red instead of blue.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 09:20:18 PM »

If you call Mark at MCseating and schedule a time he can turn it around in about a week.

unfortunatly for many of us, in another month, it wont matter if it takes him 10 weeks  :bigcry:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2007, 06:22:46 AM »

WISHBONE

I opened my seat up myself, cut out just enough of the foam and added a Saddleman Gel Pad. Then on top of that added 1/2 inch Pudgee Foam, simular to the better memory foams. That's the same high quality foam used in the better motorcycle seats and wheelchairs. I figured if it was good enough for someone who had to sit in a wheelchair all day long, it should work in a motorcycle seat. Did the whole job myself and only spent a little over $100. As far and the looks of the seat goes, this didn't change anything in the appearance of it, only raised you seat height by 1/2 inch. I never carry a passenger so the chrome pillion was just fine.  After the work was done the stock seat went from a 50 mile seat to and all day long nice comfy riding seat. Sandy
Sandy :)

Dougherty20

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008, 02:01:14 PM »

Does anyone have pics of the Fat Boy SE with a Sundowner seat, or has anyone tried it?  Assume it will fit?

WISHBONE

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 02:14:14 PM »

2005 OR 2006 AS THEY ARE DIFFERENT FITMENTS ????  meaning a 2005 seat will not fit on a 2006 and a 2006 will not fit on a 2005.....
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 07:56:19 PM by WISHBONE »
JIMS 120  145/144
SE SIX SPEED

Dougherty20

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 07:00:19 PM »

WISHBONE

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 07:34:02 PM »

If I were you, I would send my original seat to WWW.KNOPLACE.COM and have the gel & memory foam installed and live happily ever after. $165.00 and better sitting than a SUNDOWNER seat plus about the same money for a vinyl seat.
JIMS 120  145/144
SE SIX SPEED

tmitchellofpg

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008, 07:47:17 PM »

Does anyone have pics of the Fat Boy SE with a Sundowner seat, or has anyone tried it?  Assume it will fit?

I have the Sundowner, deep bucket, smooth model. I got it about a month ago. The wife refused to ride on the SE passenger pillion pad. I intend to just use it when I ride 2 up. I rode on it for maybe 200 miles to get use to it. It is definitely more padded, but for some reason it doesn't feel as natural as the SE seat. When I switched back to the SE seat and first sat down,it felt like it had zero padding,  but by the time I got down the street it felt natural again.
I suppose the reason the SE seat feels like I am positioned on it better, is because I have ridden on it for 2 years.

I will probably take the wife riding this weekend if the rain ever stops. Then I will take a picture, when the Sundowner seat is back on.
I have Iron Bag, saddle bags on my 2005 Se Fat Boy. In my opinion the bags help make the Sundowner look like it fits better. The Sundowner is fairly wide and without the saddlebags it might look like it was too wide for the SE style.
Tom

Dougherty20

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008, 08:36:53 PM »

If I were you, I would send my original seat to WWW.KNOPLACE.COM and have the gel & memory foam installed and live happily ever after. $165.00 and better sitting than a SUNDOWNER seat plus about the same money for a vinyl seat.

Good point. However, girlfriend won't ride with me until I do something different.  The passenger seat from Harley for the SE Fatboy is horrible, as everyone knows.  I'm thinking about just doing with the standard Fatboy driver and passenger seat, but wondered what the Sundowner would look like.

Dougherty20

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008, 08:37:47 PM »

I have the Sundowner, deep bucket, smooth model. I got it about a month ago. The wife refused to ride on the SE passenger pillion pad. I intend to just use it when I ride 2 up. I rode on it for maybe 200 miles to get use to it. It is definitely more padded, but for some reason it doesn't feel as natural as the SE seat. When I switched back to the SE seat and first sat down,it felt like it had zero padding,  but by the time I got down the street it felt natural again.
I suppose the reason the SE seat feels like I am positioned on it better, is because I have ridden on it for 2 years.

I will probably take the wife riding this weekend if the rain ever stops. Then I will take a picture, when the Sundowner seat is back on.
I have Iron Bag, saddle bags on my 2005 Se Fat Boy. In my opinion the bags help make the Sundowner look like it fits better. The Sundowner is fairly wide and without the saddlebags it might look like it was too wide for the SE style.
Tom

Would love to see pics with the Sundowner deep bucket.  Hey by the way, that is the same color 05 SE Fatboy that I have!

WISHBONE

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008, 08:50:30 PM »

they can do the gel & memory foam to the pillion also.
JIMS 120  145/144
SE SIX SPEED

tmitchellofpg

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008, 11:23:49 PM »

Would love to see pics with the Sundowner deep bucket.  Hey by the way, that is the same color 05 SE Fatboy that I have!

I will put the Sundowner on and try and get a picture posted this weekend. It has been raining here since Tuesday when tropical storm Fay went by.
Tom

tmitchellofpg

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2008, 11:42:29 AM »

Here's one picture. This is the Sundowner smooth. You can pay $30 more for the Fat Boy version, which is identical with the exception of some grommets and laces. I doubt if anyone uses the hold strap, so I left it in the box.
Tom

tmitchellofpg

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2008, 11:46:46 AM »

Here is a picture from another angle. The main reason I  bought the Sundowner was for the comfort of the passenger pillion. I bought it for function not looks, but after putting it on I didn't think it looked all that bad.
Tom

JulieBahrain

• CVO1: 2008 Ultra
    • CVO2: 2006 Fat Boy
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2008, 01:47:00 PM »

From both a rider and pillion point of view, the Sundowner is super-comfy.  Pic of ours attached :)
2008 Rocker C
2008 Ultra CVO
2006 Fat Boy CVO
2003 V-Rod 100th Anniv

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2008, 06:05:23 PM »

From both a rider and pillion point of view, the Sundowner is super-comfy.  Pic of ours attached :)

julie,

Welcome to the site, I was wondering if the bumpers on the sundowner that come in contact with the fender under the seat sit on the clear protective layer, or do they contact the paint. My Corbin gunfighter has bumpers outside of the protective film and I have to use a couple of stickers under those pads or they will damage the paint.

tmitchellofpg

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2008, 06:50:53 PM »

My Sundowner deep bucket seat, the smooth model, only has one bumper. It is in the middle of the seat about 6" from the forward end. You can see, in the picture I attached, where there are 2 open areas where you might think bumpers would go. These open areas are 11" forward of where you screw the seat down onto the rear fender. I doubt if putting bumpers there would help the paint on the rear fender.
The seat is well formed to the arch of the fender left to right. It surprised me as to how well it nests on the fender.
My SE seat and pass. pillion goes a few inches further back, on the rear fender. When I put the Sundowner seat on the protective film can be seen aft of the seat. I thought that was good, since it shows that the fender is protected beyond where the Sundowner nests.
Now you have me concerned, since the film isn't as wide as the fender, which is fine protection for the stock SE seat, but the Sundowner is wider then the fender. I could put more film on the fender, but when I switch back to the SE seat the film will show.
Any suggestions?
Julie,
Does your seat bottom look like mine or does yours have more bumpers? Has your Sundowner scratched your paint? Do you ride with a passenger?
Thanks,
Tom 

Dougherty20

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2008, 07:09:44 PM »

My Sundowner deep bucket seat, the smooth model, only has one bumper. It is in the middle of the seat about 6" from the forward end. You can see, in the picture I attached, where there are 2 open areas where you might think bumpers would go. These open areas are 11" forward of where you screw the seat down onto the rear fender. I doubt if putting bumpers there would help the paint on the rear fender.
The seat is well formed to the arch of the fender left to right. It surprised me as to how well it nests on the fender.
My SE seat and pass. pillion goes a few inches further back, on the rear fender. When I put the Sundowner seat on the protective film can be seen aft of the seat. I thought that was good, since it shows that the fender is protected beyond where the Sundowner nests.
Now you have me concerned, since the film isn't as wide as the fender, which is fine protection for the stock SE seat, but the Sundowner is wider then the fender. I could put more film on the fender, but when I switch back to the SE seat the film will show.
Any suggestions?
Julie,
Does your seat bottom look like mine or does yours have more bumpers? Has your Sundowner scratched your paint? Do you ride with a passenger?
Thanks,
Tom 

Just won and ebay bid for a Sundowner Deep Pocket for a Fatboy, with the chrome grommets, laces, and fatboy logo, for $202.50!  Guess we'll see!  Thanks for all the info.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2008, 09:48:11 PM »

Any suggestions?
Julie,
Thanks,
Tom 

They may have removed the bumpers by design, thinking that without them it will spread the load out and not create any point contact areas rubbing against the paint. Hopfully most of the load is on the top of the fender where it is protected, and if the seat is all soft on the underside and not sliding around when secured you should be OK. Do you see any evidence of wear on your clear coat, if so you could do what I did.  have you ever seen those static cling stickers for car windows, you just press them against the glass and squeeze out the bubbles and they stay in place until you peel them off. I had a couple of Chicago Bear static stickers that I had to sacrifice to protect my paint. I cut them into a couple of rectangles and when I put the Corbin on I clean everything and then press them down on the paint and overlap the existing clear protector, they are very secure and the bumpers do not contact any part of the paint anymore. when I change the seat I just peel them off
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 09:50:28 PM by EAGLE1 »

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2008, 09:53:58 PM »

I would like a more permanent solution, like getting Corbin to make me a couple of extra bumpers that I can attach to the two bolts that hold that silver bracket that secures the seat in the rear. with the Corbin you have to get another threaded insert for the front hole in the fender, the rear one is not used. so I could also screw a bumper down on that threaded insert on the fender to keep the back of the seat from making contact as there are two bumper all the way in back as well, but they have never left a mark yet.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2008, 10:01:27 PM »

another shot of the static stickers, I hope you don't have any wear but if you do this really works for me, even with all the load of the passenger on those two little bumpers. what a horse chit design  >:( unfortunately, that Corbin is the most comfortable seat I have ever owned  :-\

tmitchellofpg

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2008, 10:26:28 PM »

That static decal film is a great idea. It shouldn't pull the paint off when I take it off to put the SE seat back on.
Tom

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2008, 10:53:14 PM »

That static decal film is a great idea. It shouldn't pull the paint off when I take it off to put the SE seat back on.
Tom

no way, I have had mine on for months at a time with no issues, they just peel off on the paint like they would on a window, its just static friction which keeps them in place you will be fine  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 21 queries.