Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Considering Rinehart True Duals Need Imput  (Read 12787 times)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Considering Rinehart True Duals Need Imput
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2007, 03:36:03 PM »

I've got the V&H true duals and oval slip on mufflers.  Love 'em!!  Love the sound and the performance.  They are not as loud as RH's with the standard baffle.  (I got a chance to hear both the RH's and the V&H side by side at my dealer before I decided.)  I can run them pretty quietly at 5am leaving the neighborhood to go to work, or really make them bark if I want to.  Fit and finish was/is excellent, no problems with clearance on the brake pedal and would buy them again. No complaints what-so-ever.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:   

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2007, 10:21:12 AM »

I currently have the V&H Big Shot Duals >> no mufflers needed
http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=17917
The link shows the pipes with the optional fishtail end caps.  They come with regular straight-cup billet end caps.  I have the fishtails ordered.
I have already changed the baffles >> the original baffles were a bit too loud for me.  I switched to the quiet baffles.  They still sound off really good.  I have read that the quiet baffles increase the torque.

LRebel, I looked at three sites, all about the same price, I decided to go with Phat Performance, thanks for the info, free shipping and a free T-shirt. The V&H Classics should be here Monday!  :2vrolijk_21:

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2007, 02:46:45 PM »

LRebel, I looked at three sites, all about the same price, I decided to go with Phat Performance, thanks for the info, free shipping and a free T-shirt. The V&H Classics should be here Monday!  :2vrolijk_21:

Talon,
Good deal...Hope you like them!

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2007, 01:31:58 AM »

Just so you know, my original replacement pipes were V&H headpipes. The fit sucked. It destroyed my brake pedal due to lack of clearance, and the O2 sensor bungs are in a bad location and come way too close to the trans. Never tried the RH and don't intend to. 2>1 is the only way to go!

Hoist! 8)
I agree with Hoist, 2 into 1 seems to be the way to go, alot of people say the D&D 2-1 is good! If you don't like it to loud, you can get the performance-quiet baffle for it!!

Just my opinion,
                                                       MIKE :coolblue:

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2007, 07:42:21 PM »

I also have to say the RH are the best, they sound great all the way thru, give it a shot and you will know what you have, tuners love them , they can get great performance from them, if they turn purple Spyder will take them, if they turn orange I will :huepfenlol2:

This is just my worthless opinion, but tuners do love the Rineharts becasue they really do make some great numbers overall, but I've yet to see a touque curve on the Rineharts that didn't lag in the lower RPM's where a loaded touring bike needs it most. As long as you don't want the power in the lower range, then the Rineharts are the ticket.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2007, 10:56:31 PM »

Does anyone have the phone # for RH
I will be getting new caps saving the purple ones for spyder :huepfenlol2:
Yeeeeeha!  (rebel yell)  har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »

I've got the V&H true duals and oval slip on mufflers.  Love 'em!!  Love the sound and the performance.  They are not as loud as RH's with the standard baffle.  (I got a chance to hear both the RH's and the V&H side by side at my dealer before I decided.)  I can run them pretty quietly at 5am leaving the neighborhood to go to work, or really make them bark if I want to.  Fit and finish was/is excellent, no problems with clearance on the brake pedal and would buy them again. No complaints what-so-ever.

hi, i just put the v&h true duels on and had a problem with the brake pedal,  is there something i should know about how to get them to fit ?
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2007, 07:30:06 AM »

hi, i just put the v&h true duels on and had a problem with the brake pedal,  is there something i should know about how to get them to fit ?

I getting to Pull my New about (6 weeks old)  RH's off and will most likley sell them. New Version with 02 bungs a two additional baffles.Performance & Quiet. I have the performance installed now. Just a little too loud for me///I'll take $400 you pay
the freight
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Gunn Runner

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2007, 08:10:06 AM »

I have the BUB Tru Dual header pipes w/ the new Eagle Beak (EB) mufflers....have same issue with the clearance on brake pedal......especially stopping.  Get a vibration through the pedal due to contact with header pipe.  Instead of end caps, EBs have a Rinehardht black trim ring...so far, no color change.  And yes, they rumble.....at highway speeds in 6th gear it's music to my ears to hear that deep HD sound we all like.  But from 1st to 4th gettin' on it, the people behind you will need hearing protection ! 8)  I like it !  ;D
Gunn Runner

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2007, 09:57:33 PM »

Thanks for all the opinions. I am torn between Rinehart TD and V&H TD. I will probably go with V&H
because of the wide selection of mufflers for them. But if i found a good deal on Rineharts, who knows
i might just have to buy them. :confused5: :bananarock:

Thanks,

Mark  aka  Banana man

SE08RK

• Banned
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2007, 08:15:57 AM »

Hope you have better luck with the RH TDs than I did. The dealer said they wouldn't fit then refused to even try. They recommended slip-ons instead. The slip-ons are too loud and the change in performance after a dyno tune absolutely sucks! Low end torque is gone. Throttle response is gone. Should have left it alone! But, this is probably due to 'unforeseen circumstances' - an inept dealer!

Oh yes, this is an FLHRSE4. That was a great bike!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 08:17:36 AM by SE08RK »

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2007, 08:40:57 PM »

This is just my worthless opinion, but tuners do love the Rineharts becasue they really do make some great numbers overall, but I've yet to see a touque curve on the Rineharts that didn't lag in the lower RPM's where a loaded touring bike needs it most. As long as you don't want the power in the lower range, then the Rineharts are the ticket.
Here you go! Here is one. Pretty flat across the rpm range.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2007, 10:16:55 AM »

Here's a dyno comparison, from the Latus site. Depends what your looking for, where you want your gains, some people get the RH, just to get the true duel look.

Here's a dyno comparison of RH/TD, and V&H slip-ons, I posted earlier in the thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 21 queries.