Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Windshield, seat and backrest problems FLHRSE4  (Read 1033 times)

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
Windshield, seat and backrest problems FLHRSE4
« on: September 19, 2007, 09:29:21 PM »

I think the windshield is too short and the backrests wrong for someone 6' tall.

I also find the seat uncomfortable. Are there any substitutes yet?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 11:02:25 PM by novazeus »

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Re: Windshield, seat and backrest problems FLHRSE4
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 10:48:21 PM »

The wind deflector on the FLHRSE4 is for looks and in town driving IMHO  I replaced mine as the photo below shows. I do like the look.
I believe the back rest has some adjustment to it. Should have instructions on how to do it in your package when you bought your scooter. I use my back rest on trips. I like it so far.
I have no problems with the comfort of the seat, just the quality. Very wrinkled. Moco says it's within specs. Go figure. Harley offers the Sundowner seat 52093-08 for the 08's. I have one on my Fat Boy and like it. Butt comfort is very much an individual preference. I think the aftermarket is still in catch up mode for the 08's with the 6 gallon tank.

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 11:01:33 PM »

You are right I did look at my book and you can move the bracket back on the fender after removing the seat.

Are you 6' tall or taller?

Does the Sundowner move you foward or rearward?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 11:14:34 PM by novazeus »

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 07:41:49 AM »

I got the Sundowner on my '07 more for the wife since the back is a few inches wider and a little thicker.  I didn't notice that much difference in the comfort of the front portion; the stock one was good for at least 600 miles anyway.  The new one didn't move me forward or back, but the nose is a bit wider which may be a problem for persons on whom height has not been wasted (is that a politically correct term?).  I'm 5-10 / 33" inseam so not all knees and elbows on the bike.  It seems to have a little more "bucket" which is okay when you do the lounge chair thing on the highway.

The windshield is a cosmetic piece.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 06:44:14 PM »

I have the same problem at 6'3" I feel like a grasshopper. Don't care about the screen (love the taste of bugs) I am thinking of calling Danny Grey about a solo seat that will match and move me down and back as far as possible. Let us know if you find a solution!!!

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 09:14:33 AM »

Yep...wind deflector is just that...but it deflects the wind right in the face. 
taller one is definately good for the long hauls to keep the bugs from feeling like you're being shot at.

Move the bracket under the seat.  Push that bracket back as far as it'll go.  Then there is an adjustment screw on the back of the leather pad that will allow the backrest to pivot even further back.  I don't use mine around town..but on a long haul..you betcha.  I can ride 500 and be relaxed the whole way with nothing but gas and goes and get off the scooter at the end of the day and I'm ready to party.  Oh...I forgot, I'm 6'5". 

Guess you just need to experiment with it. 

Cheers, J
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.