Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Rinehart 2-1 Exhaust  (Read 7438 times)

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
Rinehart 2-1 Exhaust
« on: September 21, 2007, 08:50:38 PM »

I finally got around to installing the new Rinehart 2 into 1 exhaust on the V the other evening.  Thanks to Terry's detailed installation the V&H install, I saved a lot of grief!  Thanks Terry!  Overall, the install took a couple of hours including relocation of the air sensor, air cleaner etc.  I purchased the SERT, so no more installation needed at this point.  I made an appointment with Chip's tuning wizard and I'm pretty pleased with the results.  We had a long talk about what I was looking for out of the tune and I think he hit it dead on!  Very knowledgeable tuning expert and a great guy to boot.  Thanks for the referral Chip!  That hesitation or stumble between 2 and 4 K is completely gone.  Very smooth and extremely rideable.  TQ is basically flat from 2500 up to 7000 and steady at 85 TQ.  HP tops out at 118HP at about 7500 RPM.  I'll post the Dyno sheet as soon as I get a chance to get it scanned.  Rode the bike about 50 miles this evening and initial impressions are pretty good.  Very minimal decel popping and lots of usable power.  How's it sound?  Loud!  Nice throaty rumble at idle with a deep tone.  Roll on the throttle and rattle the cages!  Very nice tone with a volume that is just below obnoxious.  I plan to burn a few tanks of gas this weekend and I'll post the mileage performance.  Here's a picture of the pipes on the bike.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Rinehart 2-1 Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 08:55:27 PM »

I finally got around to installing the new Rinehart 2 into 1 exhaust on the V the other evening.  Thanks to Terry's detailed installation the V&H install, I saved a lot of grief!  Thanks Terry!  Overall, the install took a couple of hours including relocation of the air sensor, air cleaner etc.  I purchased the SERT, so no more installation needed at this point.  I made an appointment with Chip's tuning wizard and I'm pretty pleased with the results.  We had a long talk about what I was looking for out of the tune and I think he hit it dead on!  Very knowledgeable tuning expert and a great guy to boot.  Thanks for the referral Chip!  That hesitation or stumble between 2 and 4 K is completely gone.  Very smooth and extremely rideable.  TQ is basically flat from 2500 up to 7000 and steady at 85 TQ.  HP tops out at 118HP at about 7500 RPM.  I'll post the Dyno sheet as soon as I get a chance to get it scanned.  Rode the bike about 50 miles this evening and initial impressions are pretty good.  Very minimal decel popping and lots of usable power.  How's it sound?  Loud!  Nice throaty rumble at idle with a deep tone.  Roll on the throttle and rattle the cages!  Very nice tone with a volume that is just below obnoxious.  I plan to burn a few tanks of gas this weekend and I'll post the mileage performance.  Here's a picture of the pipes on the bike.

Not a big RH fan, but I gotta admit, the RH 2-1 looks great on the V-Rod. Beautiful bike lil! I hope you're bringing it to MV! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 09:17:23 PM »

We'll see how Martha does on the back of the V this weekend.  Right now, she's pressing pretty hard for the Softail  :(  Admitted, the V is not the most comfortable 2-up bike, but it sure is a lot of fun!  It all depends on how long the day rides are and if the Corbin gets here in time.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 09:21:52 PM »

We'll see how Martha does on the back of the V this weekend.  Right now, she's pressing pretty hard for the Softail  :(  Admitted, the V is not the most comfortable 2-up bike, but it sure is a lot of fun!  It all depends on how long the day rides are and if the Corbin gets here in time.

You're not that far, but 2-up could be taxing on that bike. How does she like the loud pipe? Binx is finally getting used the Performance FatCat. But it took her a little while. And my 5th gear whine is gone now too! ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 09:30:06 PM »

Craig

We are looking forward to seeing you soon.
The "V Rod" is looking good!

Don't pay any attention to Howie not liking R/H's. What does he know, his bike don't even run!
(and I'm gonna mess with him till it does)

Glad you like the tune.
Quality people do quality work.

We are doing the demo rides Saturday at the Harley shop, hope to see you and Martha there.

8:30 to 1:30

I will have an Ultra and a Street Glide to test ride should you want to try a bagger out.

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 09:32:32 PM »

Martha loves the sound of the new pipes.  She said that now it really sounds like a Harley.  The stock exhaust was kinda cool in a lot of ways, because you could easily sneak up on everyone else and twist the throttle and be sporting tail lights before they knew what happened.   No chance of sneaking now, but also no need to!  Honestly, she likes the sound and it really isn't that loud until you get up to 5 grand -- of course, cruising speed.  As I said, we'll see this weekend!  I'm 6'1" and she's 5'10", so we're a little crowded on the V 2-up but I do like having her close!  Great bike though and I ordered the Bitubo's for it today and will schedule the Traxxion AK20's when I can get another couple of days free.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 09:36:58 PM »

I ordered the Bitubo's for it today and will schedule the Traxxion AK20's when I can get another couple of days free.

Wow Craig

That Terry sure has shown you how to spend that money!
The AK 20's are worth every penny!

:2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »

Chip,

When you're right, you're right.  Quality folks for sure!  We talked about going down to Matthews for the demo days, and what a great idea it is!  I'm currently playing with the idea of a CUSE to modify just a bit since Harley decided NOT to build a SESG this year!  Otherwise, just might do an '08 Ghost if I can get past my phobia on the 110!  Chances are, we'll probably see you and Nancy at Charlotte in the morning!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 09:43:54 PM »

Chip,

When you're right, you're right.  Quality folks for sure!  We talked about going down to Matthews for the demo days, and what a great idea it is!  I'm currently playing with the idea of a CUSE to modify just a bit since Harley decided NOT to build a SESG this year!  Otherwise, just might do an '08 Ghost if I can get past my phobia on the 110!  Chances are, we'll probably see you and Nancy at Charlotte in the morning!

I will have an 08 Ghost there if you want to ride one.
But don't tell anyone!

;)

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 09:48:57 PM »

I will have an 08 Ghost there if you want to ride one.
But don't tell anyone!

;)

Now that's cool!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 09:53:17 PM »

Those pipes look great, and I bet they sound good. :2vrolijk_21:  Rinehart's Rule!!!

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 09:56:12 PM »

Those pipes look great, and I bet they sound good. :2vrolijk_21:  Rinehart's Rule!!!

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Thanks d00d,

I was afraid you were going to point out the fact that the exhaust bracket was still black and in need of chrome!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 10:00:12 PM »

Craig...nice pipe.  I like the RH look on the V, and the bike is putting up some good numbers with that one as well.  You will not regret the suspension on the V...makes the bike run with the sport bikes, and boy are they surprised when a HD is on their ass in the twisties.

Get a bit more padding back there for the Mrs...I'm working on a two nighter bag for the luggage rack on mine, so Suzanne and I can take some beach trips on the V...250 miles or so, one way.  Did you open up the air box a bit?
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 10:00:40 PM »

Thanks d00d,

I was afraid you were going to point out the fact that the exhaust bracket was still black and in need of chrome!
I was blinded :cool26: by the chrome swingarm and missed that, but now that you mention it...... :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 10:27:01 PM »

Get a bit more padding back there for the Mrs...I'm working on a two nighter bag for the luggage rack on mine, so Suzanne and I can take some beach trips on the V...250 miles or so, one way.  Did you open up the air box a bit?

Terry,

Thanks for the comments.  I've got the dual tour saddle from Corbin in the works.  I understand they take some breaking in, but well worth the effort in the long run.  The Traxxion and Bitubos are a no-brainer after reading the great reviews that you guys have posted on the site.  Thanks!  As for the airbox, the tuning guy insisted that we go topless and it really worked out great.  I've heard of air siphon noises from other guys, when they went topless, but I really didn't notice a thing.  I think 250 mile rides 2-up will just about be the limit on the V though!  I've also got the 5 gallon tank refit kit, just no time to get it installed yet.  That will help the worry for gas stops, but for sure those 100 mile stops will still be needed regardless!

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 02:49:04 PM »

The Rinehart looks very nice...I have D&D installed in my VROD because are not so loudly like RH....

Ride safe mi amigo,

Jorge

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 03:34:57 PM »

The Rinehart looks very nice...I have D&D installed in my VROD because are not so loudly like RH....

Ride safe mi amigo,

Jorge

Jorge,
They're not quite as loud as the true duals, but you can sure hear them!  Nice throaty tone.  Sounds like a Harley now!  Congratulations on the new Springer!  That is for sure the best color ever!  Have you thought about what you're doing for pipes on that one?  The V&H Big Radius Looks awesome on that bike.  A friend down in Palm Harbor just put those on his SE Fatboy and they look and sound great.  Not loud at all, just a nice deep note!

Look forward to meeting up with you some day on one of those many chromed up wonders you own!

Take care mi amigo!

Ride safe,
Craig

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 10:20:48 AM »

Ok, what's the chances of having all three Vrods in Maggie Valley so I can hear all three?  I have a Thunderheader.  Jorge's got the D&D 2-in-1, Terry's got the V&H 2-in-1 and Lilbear has the RH 2-in-1.  I love the way my bike sounds, but I miss the curves of the original pipes and want more upward sweep on the pipes to replicate the look of the original pipes, BUT (there's always a BUT) I like the added hp/tq from the Thunderheader along with the rattle the cages sound.  SO...now what?  It has to have sound or it will be mistaken for a Jap bike!!  Can we compare all 4 dyno sheets side-by-side? 

Any of y'all have a digital recorder or the ability to record video with sound on your picture phone or digital camera to post?

Now I'm intrigued!!!!

Thanks,
V.
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 01:27:18 PM »

Ok, what's the chances of having all three Vrods in Maggie Valley so I can hear all three?  I have a Thunderheader.  Jorge's got the D&D 2-in-1, Terry's got the V&H 2-in-1 and Lilbear has the RH 2-in-1.  I love the way my bike sounds, but I miss the curves of the original pipes and want more upward sweep on the pipes to replicate the look of the original pipes, BUT (there's always a BUT) I like the added hp/tq from the Thunderheader along with the rattle the cages sound.  SO...now what?  It has to have sound or it will be mistaken for a Jap bike!!  Can we compare all 4 dyno sheets side-by-side? 

Any of y'all have a digital recorder or the ability to record video with sound on your picture phone or digital camera to post?

Now I'm intrigued!!!!

Thanks,
V.

V...first, nice to hear from you again!!

I will not be riding the V to MV...wish I could, but since I can't ride two at once, and don't have a trailer, I have to pick, and this time of year the SEUC will get the nod.

The V&H pipe sound:  mine is getting a bit louder as I get a few miles on it.  Have you ever heard a Destroyer run?  If so, the sound is similar, but no where near as loud.  At idle, not loud at all, but when you get on it, it makes some noise.  I heard Jorge's bike in Hot Springs and would say mine is a bit louder, but not as loud as 2/2 RH's.  I've not heard the 2/1 RH yet.  I don't trust Dyno numbers any more...both my bikes put up conservative numbers on the local tuner's Dynojet, but both bikes run just fine, so I think he just doesn't have a "happy" dyno, and the numbers are more realistic... :nixweiss:

The V&H pipe is a different look than the stock for sure...the stock is more of a sweeping curved look, where the V&H lines are more in harmony with the angular look of the frame.  I like the big oval sweeping upward at the rear. 

The Thunderheader generally gives better numbers..for that, I don't think it can be beat.  I have never cared much for the look of a TH though (no offense intended), and the discoloration would bother me as well.  Plus, it's just a bit too loud for my ear.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 10:11:05 PM »

Now I'm intrigued!!!!

Thanks,
V.

All of us who ride V's let's go to DB to Biketoberfest....I will take mine :2vrolijk_21:

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 10:19:55 PM »

Jorge,
They're not quite as loud as the true duals, but you can sure hear them!  Nice throaty tone.  Sounds like a Harley now!  Congratulations on the new Springer!  That is for sure the best color ever!  Have you thought about what you're doing for pipes on that one?  The V&H Big Radius Looks awesome on that bike.  A friend down in Palm Harbor just put those on his SE Fatboy and they look and sound great.  Not loud at all, just a nice deep note!

Look forward to meeting up with you some day on one of those many chromed up wonders you own!

Take care mi amigo!

Ride safe,
Craig

Thanks mi amigo Craig......I would like to meet you in the short future as well....I use to go to Daytona for both events every year (Bike Week and Biketoberfest) so if you decide to go let me know...it's a nice event and a lot of CVO's from this site......you are not very far from there....

I haven't decided what exhaust I will  be installing in  the Springer but I am inclined for the Sideshots....

Ride safe mi amigo and be in touch,

Jorge
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 21 queries.