Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Heated Clothing???  (Read 17399 times)

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
Re: Heated Clothing???
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2004, 08:54:08 PM »

Hey JC, I might be mistaken,
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 09:09:23 PM by psychodeuce »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2004, 10:20:26 PM »

I was afraid that might confuse somebody.  When I first wrote to him and listed all the amps, I said "x two" meaning times two people (me and my wife).  Somewhere from my email to HD Hdqrtrs, to the electrical guys and back up to the office, then back to me, it lost translation.

In other words, it was supposed to take into account two complete outfits.  

I think when my wife is with me on the long hauls, that we'll be o.k.  These clothes are on thermostat so they don't run at full draw all the time.  Plus, I'll have my thermostat set lower than my wifes or, I can always turn the seat heater off, once we're under way and warmed up.  I'll watch it.

As for your situation......one person.....you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2004, 10:29:16 PM »

Leave it to psycho to get confused!  [smiley=confused5.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2004, 11:01:01 PM »

Leave it to psycho to get confused!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2004, 09:11:49 PM »

Ordered my wifes set (sox, pants liner, jacket liner and gloves) awhile back and just got mine.  Gerbing has the full outfit (even sox!) with thermostate for each of us and dual controls (control the pants and sox seperate from the jacket and gloves).  

It was expensive.....for both of us and all the controls, thermostats, jacks, plugs etc. was about $1700.  But we will not have to feeze our patuty off anymore, when we're riding and it's below freezing.  By the way, Gerbing is guaranteed for life.

West Coast GTG   

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2004, 11:36:49 PM »

I've received socks, gloves, and jacket liner thus far--still waiting on pants. The dealer I ordered stuff from forgot about temp control. So I gotta call tomorrow and order up the
« Last Edit: March 14, 2004, 11:37:47 PM by psychodeuce »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2005, 01:40:28 AM »

I had a recepticle custom made for my bike.  I can plug two suits in.  It mounts under my seat on the frame and is powder coated......very clean.

Tonight is the first time I ever used heated clothing.  I have jacket liner, pants liner, sox and gloves but tonight I only tried the jacket liner and gloves.  It's right about 40 degrees so I set the thermostat about in the middle and plugged it in and rode off down the road.  Before I got seven miles I was burning up and had to stop and unplug the gloves and turn the t-stat down some.  I was very surprised that it works that well.  Wish I had gotten this years ago.

I ended up riding around for a couple hours tonight and was very comfortable.  The guy riding his Ultra Classic with me was freezing his patuuty off.  Money well spent......increadable!

I'll get some pictures this weekend of the custom bracket/recepticle and post.

West Coast GTG   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2005, 02:39:16 AM »

Ordered my wifes set (sox, pants liner, jacket liner and gloves) awhile back and just got mine.

mfgreen

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2005, 09:08:20 AM »

JC, you'd written previously that with the decision to keep the bike your wife had opted not to ride anymore.

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2005, 10:40:28 AM »

i use my widder vest on occasion. keeping your body core warm will keep the blood flowing to hands,feet etc. ive never ridin in really cold snowy weather being from so calif. we very seldom see frost here. i was in el paso texas last march and i had the vest but i hadnt wired the harness yet. i stopped by the side of the road but my hands were to frozen to hook it up BRRR what a bummer being that cold.i saw a sign that said tucson ariz 280 miles so i figured at 80-90 mph id be there in no time. i learned a lesson that being prepared will make things more comfortable. i also got caught on sonora pass in the ca sierras in late july in the rain with no gear. it was 90 in the valley. live and learn

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2005, 10:43:59 AM »

I had a recepticle custom made for my bike.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2005, 08:12:19 PM »

JC, you'd written previously that with the decision to keep the bike your wife had opted not to ride anymore.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2005, 08:13:05 PM »

I have to tell you that I actually look forward to getting on my bike in this 40 degree weather, now!  Here's one a little closer.............
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 08:14:07 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2005, 10:04:47 AM »

looks good JC
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

kazumdgc

• Senior CVO Member
  • Only Way to GO!
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2005, 07:25:21 PM »

Oh yea. I am in love with mine. I just have the vest but as you all say keep the body core warm and you are OK. Now I just can't wait to ride at any temp as long as the roads are Ok. Got the HD vest and it works like a charm.
KAZ [smiley=beerchug.gif]
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.