Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 591103 times)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #2040 on: November 17, 2012, 05:09:50 PM »

I never leave home with out my Dan Wesson CCO, unless I take my Sig P238....
Just saw this, CCO is a really fine looking pistol! Back in the day I had a Dan Wesson revolver that came with four different length interchangeable barrels.   
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Cosmic Charlie

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2041 on: November 17, 2012, 09:18:25 PM »

not sure if this surfaced on this thread ...

I'm a civilian Mass resident and licensed to Conceal Carry only  (LTC High Capacity) - BUT in my neighbor state of New Hampshire I can ONLY carry exposed with my Mass LTC (but I paid a $100 fee to NH for the right to conceal carry ...) no open exposed carry allowed in Mass unless you are Police or active military ...

& You gutz to know the rules state to state.

I know a NH resident that has a "NH LTC concealed" and got caught in Mass with concealed carry without a Mass LTC ... and did 12 months in a Mass jail for it ... and if he fought it they told him they'd press for him to do in addition to 1 year for a concealed handgun loaded, and one more year for EACH round in the gun (10 more years)

This active state reciprocity map can help save your freedom ... (maybe most you guys have seen it)

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html
2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange RG SE 110
D&D Boss Fat Cats with Ghost Pipe
CeeBaileysSuperStepContour14"
TTS Tuner
Ohlin's #3-3
J&M 7 1/4's & 250 amp
Utopia Drivers Back Rest

Nothing Left To Do But Smile Smile Smile

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #2042 on: November 17, 2012, 11:01:34 PM »

I know a NH resident that has a "NH LTC concealed" and got caught in Mass with concealed carry without a Mass LTC ... and did 12 months in a Mass jail for it ... and if he fought it they told him they'd press for him to do in addition to 1 year for a concealed handgun loaded, and one more year for EACH round in the gun (10 more years)

This active state reciprocity map can help save your freedom ... (maybe most you guys have seen it)

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Great example of while it sounds good to say, "'F' the police, I'll carry no matter what the law says!", when you get caught, I'm guessing it probably doesn't seem like it was a great idea!

ffltjeff

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #2043 on: November 18, 2012, 11:50:19 AM »

I have a Nebraska CCW, carry Gen 4 Glock 40.  I have been pulled over for speeding in both Nebraska and Wyoming.  Both times immediately informed officer I was carrying.  Happy to say both were unfazed and even only gave me a warning ticket for speeding.   :pepper:
2013 FLHTCUSE8
V&H Power Duals, V&H Monster Ovals, SERT
Progressive 444 shocks, Progressive Cartridge Fork Kit
Windsplitter windshield

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004SE E-Glide Org/Blk
    • CVO2: I Wish
« Reply #2044 on: November 19, 2012, 10:04:48 AM »

Great example of while it sounds good to say, "'F' the police, I'll carry no matter what the law says!", when you get caught, I'm guessing it probably doesn't seem like it was a great idea!
Exactly!!!! I live in one of the Red Neck Capitals of the world where I hear that all the time! One of my wife's customers is a ex-cop who recommended I get my CCL vs carrying because I think "it's my right??" He told me it would put an end to many a potential problem I my have with the wrong cop pulling me over. By wrong cop, I mean one not so understanding that I have a right to have a loaded .40 cal Glock in my truck! Glad I have it now! Funny too, I've had my permit about 2 years now and haven't been through a road block or pulled over since.  :)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2045 on: November 19, 2012, 04:27:46 PM »

Well said.  Two of many things I've learned in 61 years: 1) There are "good" cops and "bad" cops.  2)  Don't f#%K with either kind while they are standing in front of you.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #2046 on: November 19, 2012, 07:15:01 PM »

New S&W Shield in 9mm.  Lucky to know a gun shop owner to jump to the top of the list and get one!  Other is a H&K P30, too big to carry, but great gun to shoot!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

RussG69

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 #216
« Reply #2047 on: November 20, 2012, 10:30:03 AM »

Just saw this, CCO is a really fine looking pistol! Back in the day I had a Dan Wesson revolver that came with four different length interchangeable barrels.   

They are great shooters for sure. I have a VBOB that I love as well. I'll carry it every now and again.

ALRG8TOR

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE granite denim & electric blue fade
« Reply #2048 on: November 20, 2012, 12:58:19 PM »

If you don't still have the DW pistol pack with the interchangeable barrels I'll bet you wished you did.

Did it look anything like this?

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #2049 on: November 20, 2012, 01:11:25 PM »

Here in England hell you can't even carry "mace"  if you did and got caught with it you got a fine.
" Hang on it git's better" being cough with it is one thing, but if your being attacked and you use it on the attacker
  "YOU" the victim will be charged for assault causing (G.B.H.) grieves, bodily, harm, on the attacker. "The preps have more right". If a prep brakes in to your home at night when your asleep and you catch him and cause him harm you can go to jail then once you've been coveted, here comes the grand finally the prep cane sue you. We had a case here a while back. A farmers home  had been robbed 3/4 times over, when he was not home, the authorities were dragging their heals.

Then it happened 3 preps broke in to the farmers house when he was at home he shot one with a scatter gun, the farmer got banged up for 5 yrs. How dose that figure. :nixweiss:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2050 on: November 20, 2012, 02:48:39 PM »

If you don't still have the DW pistol pack with the interchangeable barrels I'll bet you wished you did.

Sweeeeeeet!!! I didn't get the package (sorry I didn't) but I do have the gun w/an 8" barrel. Fired maybe a box of rounds through it and been in the box ever since.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2051 on: November 20, 2012, 04:00:39 PM »

Mine looks like that. However, it's only got the 3 Heavy Barrels at 8", 6", and 4".  It's in a mahogany box with a red flocked interior.  Was that 2" barrel bought later?  I think the other kits I saw at the time inlcuded the 2" only with the standard barrels?
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

ALRG8TOR

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE granite denim & electric blue fade
« Reply #2052 on: November 21, 2012, 05:35:45 AM »

Fired00d:

I've seen the wooden box, that's a nice presentation case. From what I've seen the pistol packs come in a few different configurations with the sized suitcase pictured, most .357 mag with four barrels. They also have a smaller, similar suitcases with just two barrels in .357 and .38, maybe others. I've also seen pistol packs in .44 mag, although I've never seen a .44 mag with a 2" (I think they call them 2.5") barrel in the pack, maybe yours is a .44 mag?

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2053 on: November 21, 2012, 08:00:56 AM »

Here in England hell you can't even carry "mace"  if you did and got caught with it you got a fine.
" Hang on it git's better" being cough with it is one thing, but if your being attacked and you use it on the attacker
  "YOU" the victim will be charged for assault causing (G.B.H.) grieves, bodily, harm, on the attacker. "The preps have more right". If a prep brakes in to your home at night when your asleep and you catch him and cause him harm you can go to jail then once you've been coveted, here comes the grand finally the prep cane sue you. We had a case here a while back. A farmers home  had been robbed 3/4 times over, when he was not home, the authorities were dragging their heals.

Then it happened 3 preps broke in to the farmers house when he was at home he shot one with a scatter gun, the farmer got banged up for 5 yrs. How dose that figure. :nixweiss:

Don't think I'll move to England soon  :'(.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2054 on: November 21, 2012, 09:20:04 AM »

Fired00d:

I've seen the wooden box, that's a nice presentation case. From what I've seen the pistol packs come in a few different configurations with the sized suitcase pictured, most .357 mag with four barrels. They also have a smaller, similar suitcases with just two barrels in .357 and .38, maybe others. I've also seen pistol packs in .44 mag, although I've never seen a .44 mag with a 2" (I think they call them 2.5") barrel in the pack, maybe yours is a .44 mag?

It's the DW .357. It isn't the "package" just the pistol only.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 201

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 22 queries.