Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 588360 times)

BlueFlames

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 flhrse3 blue
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2007, 07:32:32 PM »

Usually carry Baby Eagle 40 S/W w/ Federal 180Gr. Hydr Shock or Taurus 7-shot 357 w/ in stainless.  Have cwp but lots of areas around No.Va. where it doesn't apply.  Have "accidentally" traveled through states that don't have reciprocity with no problems.

Did have an intersting encounter a few years ago though that made me very nervous- was heading to a full honors funeral at Arlington for a close friend.  Having not been there for many years did not realize the only way to get to where I was going was through the military base entrance.  Exited the highway to the entrance and entered the base only to find a checkpoint where they were doing thorough car searches and the signs clearly stated no weapons.  Couldn't have turned around at that point if I wanted to and would not have missed the funeral anyway.  When I made it to the guard I immediately explained that I had a weapon in the car, showed him my permit and explained how important it was for me to make it to the funeral.  He spoke to his superior who let me park my car in the closest lot on the base to the entrance and then called for an MP to drive me to where I needed to be and came back and picked me up at the end.
"Chrome is like clevage.......too much is not enough"

BlueFlames

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 flhrse3 blue
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2007, 07:35:26 PM »

If that is the case I wouldn't mind getting a permit from Utah also if they issued "Non Resident" permits.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
[/quote]

Somewhere I have the name of a guy in NOVA who teaches the required Utah class.  I will find it and post.  Was planning on taking it and then the range in Woodbridge where he taught burned up.  Forgot about it after that.
"Chrome is like clevage.......too much is not enough"

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
    • CVO2: 2009 Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2003 Serk
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2007, 07:47:18 PM »

Springfield XD 9 mm, with Remington Golden Saber 9mm Luger9 (+P)  Hollow Point 10 in clip 1 in chamber. 8)  And TRU DOT night sights.
 I'm very respectful to LEO, having many in my family.
I carry everywhere  (and travel) except work
 I have been known-ed to mow my yard packing.  (Warning if you have CCl. First words out of your mouth after being pulled over and answering Officers initial questions should be. I have a CCl and I'm carring now, It's on my right hip or where ever you have it)
. Last time I was stopped Officer told me they have pulled 5 guy's CCL's and weapons for not notifying officer they were packing so far this year. " I would rather have and not need, than need and not have".  Some dip chit in Cleveland beat a gastation attendant with a brick for over 5 minuets while 4 people stood by and watched.  The guy got tied of beating the attendant in the head and stopped to rest before statring up again.  I now have 10 rounds  in my clip.....

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2007, 07:48:13 PM »

Somewhere I have the name of a guy in NOVA who teaches the required Utah class.  I will find it and post.  Was planning on taking it and then the range in Woodbridge where he taught burned up.  Forgot about it after that.
Thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2007, 11:13:58 PM »

Miker

how would that compare with a S&W 38. Bigger slug but heavier? which would be easier to shoot?

Free

I'll let you know when I get one...My 410 bird gun don't kick much,  I have never fired a slug through it but I've seen what it does to doves and tassle cane tops (mostly cane tops).

I have a benelli m4 gas op that with 3 1/2 mag load will make you sore with 6 pulls of the trigger and turn melons n mud into mist. Its a hoot.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2007, 11:17:16 PM »

Just to make sure I understand this correctly. On this map you enter the state(s) you have a CWP in, and all the states that come up blue honor the state(s) CWP you were issued?

If that is the case I wouldn't mind getting a permit from Utah also if they issued "Non Resident" permits.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Hell, I don't know, it wouldn't be on the inner net ifin it weren't true would it? :confused5:

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2007, 03:45:01 AM »

Don't ask and Don't Tell - Do I or Don't I ?

An Armed Society is a polite Society  ;)
And every time I've met you, you have been Oh So Polite.

:huepfenjump3:

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2007, 12:43:50 PM »

Lot's of great advice in the previous posts. I just want to add my .02 to the mix. It is improtant to research the Concealed Weapons Laws in the areas you plan to travel in since they all vary so much. Such as in Virginia you can NOT carry a weapon in a church even with a permit and there are other locations too. Most states laws can be found on the web through the NRA or by each state's State Police or legislature website.
The "fear for your life defense" is the best to use if it can be shown that the suspect had the means and opportunity to use deadly force on you and you did NOT have another choice. You will need to articulate that to the authorities .(with the help of an attorney hopefully)
The phrase "Shoot to kill" is so popular in our culture and even used by police in officer involved shootings. Yet it can cause you problems if the "Victim's" family/attorney ask you if that is how you trained and you answer yes...It now makes you look like a "trained killer" not someone defending themselves from the other person's aggressive and deadly behavior. You need to stop using that phrase and use something along the lines like I wanted to stop him from his attack on me as rapidly as possible. (Same end result for him, you just come across as a person defending yourself.)
As far as carry on a bike, i would keep a weapon on my person as opposed to on the bike since it always a trade-off of access vs. security and there are no real secure vault choices on a bike and if you walk away from your bike and some criminal is closer to the bike you may have just armed him. A weapon for defense is no good if you can't reach it and use it rapidly when you need it.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2007, 01:21:46 PM »

Now if you have decided to carry a firearm , you should try to stick with one weapon style and one method of carry. This will help build muscle memory and under stress you will reach instintively to the same spot and activate the weapon in the same manner without thinking about how the weapon functions today vs. what you may have carried yesterday etc. It would be a shame if a shooting situation arose and all you grabbed was a love handle or armpit hair instead of your gun.Then get in lots of pratice wearing what you would in everyday carry. Jackets/chaps, boots etc. Also try different positions as if you were seated on the bike or in a car/truck. How easy is the weapon to draw?
Look at the average shooting situation and you will realize that they are fast,short distance and usually one or two on one. There are always strange senarios where one guy is against a gang at 100 yards but that is rare. You also are not very likely to fire more than a few rounds so make it count with accuracy but hit with the largest caliber you can accurately hit your intended target. Remember that person will not just drop like in the movies with one shot but the bigger the caliber the more likely it will happen with less rounds. You will be held legally responible for each and every shot you fire so overpenetration or a stray round hitting a bystander is a concern of course.
When carrying a weapon you need to be concerned with maintenace more frequently due to weather and things like sweat. The finnish should be very durable and not shiny so it will be less visible to others when you want it concealed.
I personally like the Glock model 36 as a potent package that is concealable and durable and accurate.
Caliber
.45 AUTO
System
Safe Action

LENGTH
6.77in/172mm
HEIGHT
4.76in/121mm

WIDTH
1.13in/28.5mm
Barrel Height
1.26in/32mm

Line of Sight
6.18in/157mm

Barrel LENGTH
3.78in/96mm

WEIGHT
20.11oz/570g
LOADED (~)
26.99oz/765g

Mag. Capacity
Magazine Mass
Empty: 2.40oz./68g
Full: ~6.88oz/~195g

Trigger Pull
5.5lbs/2.5kg
Trigger Travel
0.5in/12.5mm
   Expressly "thinned" for maximum concealability, its frame designed for an easy reach to the trigger for even the shortest adult fingers, this 7-shot .45 Auto is built with "maximum concealment with maximum power" in mind.

Barrel Rifling
right hand, Octagonal
Length of Twist
9.84in/250mm

Internal Locking System
Available
Number of Safeties

Copper/Black Cvo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Screaming Eagle Road King
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2007, 01:30:31 PM »

Interesting thread...
2008 Screaming Eagle Road King

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2007, 08:08:23 PM »

Why yes carry a S&W 38 Chief or 357 S&W   sometimes my Colt 1911  but like the 38 or 357  they are easy to conceal and always reliable...

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2007, 09:17:34 PM »

While traveling Tauris 38 special

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2007, 10:29:52 PM »

Springfield XD 9 mm, with Remington Golden Saber 9mm Luger9 (+P)  Hollow Point 10 in clip 1 in chamber. 8)  And TRU DOT night sights.
 I'm very respectful to LEO, having many in my family.
I carry everywhere  (and travel) except work
 I have been known-ed to mow my yard packing.  (Warning if you have CCl. First words out of your mouth after being pulled over and answering Officers initial questions should be. I have a CCl and I'm carring now, It's on my right hip or where ever you have it)
. Last time I was stopped Officer told me they have pulled 5 guy's CCL's and weapons for not notifying officer they were packing so far this year. " I would rather have and not need, than need and not have".  Some dip chit in Cleveland beat a gastation attendant with a brick for over 5 minuets while 4 people stood by and watched.  The guy got tied of beating the attendant in the head and stopped to rest before statring up again.  I now have 10 rounds  in my clip.....

BINGO! :2vrolijk_21: I agree, when pulled over anywhere for any reason, that is the first thing out of my mouth. In some instances (Fl. HP for one) the officer asked as soon as he approached the vehicle but if they don't ask, tell them.
I carry either a Beretta M9 or a S & W (J frame) "Centennial" 357 always, bike or car, trips and locally. I have both a CWP and a county reserve deputy badge and ID, I've never had a problem traveling but as I said above, the first words out of my mouth are to state that I am carrying whenever I am pulled over. For many years I carried the S & W inside the pants belt clip but with age has come more than a few extra pounds and it became too uncomfortable. Now either ankle in summer or the rest of the year, in coat.
Interesting topic, glad you brought it up Chief. :2vrolijk_21:

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2007, 10:48:49 PM »

in answer to the original question,,, YES,,, anywhere I want. screw the laws.

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2007, 11:29:19 PM »

Sig Pro .40
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 201

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 22 queries.