Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 585195 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2007, 06:51:32 PM »

Thanks for the post. I had it appraised in Maine which is how I got the 80% of new condition. That dealer quoted me $750. For what it's worth, the Winchester Model 70 is a working rifle very much in demand by hunters. You will find them for sale in almost any gun shop although the pre-64's are rare in Super Grade. The reason I posted this was because as I said I was roaming around on-line checking out different guns and I noticed Cabella's had a pre-64 Model 70-270 for $1,600. I looked at the pictures and it wasn't even a super grade and not in as good condition as the one I have. I have no intention of quoting people on this site to my insurance agent. What I am curious about is why the divergence in price between Maine and Michigan ?

B B

J.J.

• Full CVO Member
  • If you can accept losing, you can't win
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2007, 10:58:48 AM »

Another option for a faring mount.   :nervous:

http://www.outdoorlife.com/outdoor/photogallery/article/0,20036,1270541_1572930,00.html

Click the big play button and get ready to  :huepfenlol2: your a$$ off!

Otherwise 92fs with Crimson.
2006 Black and Slate
SE Stage 1
Rinehart True Duals
HD Race Tuner
99.8HP 103TQ

GaLonghair

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2007, 02:50:47 PM »

The best old saying is "better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6"!! Fanny packs work well and I have never been challenged by LEO wearing one. A good one does not give away its load. Many people wear them so its hard for LEO to ? them all. I live in GA and they changed their cwp reciently so that more states recip. now. As said many times before in this thread, the laws vary so much from location to location that if you travel far, even with a cwp, you are probably going to break some bodys law.....I say to them tough Shirt. (refer to above old saying). I hope all of you toters are members of the NRA. If not you should be. If they get their way you will not have to worry about carry thru juristictions because the are working for a federal statute to cover everywhere.
Personally I like wheel guns for carry as they are less complicated and tolerate the less than ideal conditions on a bike better. The titanium S&Ws are great...love the 45 ACP myself. :2vrolijk_21:
Lead, follow or get out of the way. But, do something!

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2007, 03:56:54 PM »

Yes.  Always have.  Had a NC concealed carry since they started issueing them.  Lots of good advice in this thread, but it's whatever works for me....always at least one gun......depending on what I'm wearing ......  of different sizes/weight/calibers.  Most are autos....one small wheel gun.  The important thing I think, is to have one if you really need it.  No matter the caliber....like someone said: the larger the better if you will carry it, but smaller if necessary to carry it.  As in a jacket pocket....it's got to be light enough to not sag the jacket or it doesn't work.  Then you're looking at holsters.....most are not comfortable as those who wear them all the time will tell you.  So.....what ever works for you.  :jack: Har!  :drink: spyder

'Am, spyder, I haven't heard that term in years!  I got rid of all my Automatics years ago.  I just like the sound of the action a "wheel gun", makes.  I carry a S&W Model 686 in Ol' Maudie's Tour-Pak, and a S&W Model 37, in my Leathers.  Hope I never have to pull 'em out in defense.  Found out the hard way, cwp's do not apply in Commercial Vehicles to civilians.  Having carried a concealed weapon most of my adult life, it's weird not having one with me when I take the "Big Rig" to the Races.  Oh well, I'm sure I could find something to defend myself and property, if need be.  ;) Again, hope I never have to.  Later--HUBBARD     
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2007, 05:45:51 PM »

'Am, spyder, I haven't heard that term in years!  I got rid of all my Automatics years ago.  I just like the sound of the action a "wheel gun", makes.  I carry a S&W Model 686 in Ol' Maudie's Tour-Pak, and a S&W Model 37, in my Leathers.  Hope I never have to pull 'em out in defense.  Found out the hard way, cwp's do not apply in Commercial Vehicles to civilians.  Having carried a concealed weapon most of my adult life, it's weird not having one with me when I take the "Big Rig" to the Races.  Oh well, I'm sure I could find something to defend myself and property, if need be.  ;) Again, hope I never have to.  Later--HUBBARD     
Absolutely, Hub!  but.....with the idiots out there today, it seems as if it is becoming more and more a possible reality.  'why can't we just all get along'?  :o har!  ;) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2007, 09:27:43 PM »

I agree -- hope I never have to use it.  Waiting for the OK from the gun board to get my permit, then I'll be legal.  (not carrying now w/o permit)

Anybody using the Para Carry .45ACP?  What do you think of it?  Is yours accurate?  Any other suggestions for a .40 or .45 carry without the "horn"?

RedBone

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE Copper Canyon
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2007, 10:11:53 PM »

I do a 640 5 shot 357 hammerless stainless have for years with ccw can carry comforably in waist band with a tshirt and very concealable I live in Texas where Grandma Carries its great hec texas even put a express lane to the electric chair for some of these idiots Love Texas

RedRider

• '09 FLHTCUSE4

• CVO1: 09 FLHTCUSE4 Ruby Red
    • CVO2: 08 Night Rod Special
    • CVO3: 07 Heritage Softcail Classic
« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2007, 10:47:02 PM »

Excellent points here..and with HR218, I can carry anywhere..... my question is more along the lines of where you carry?  Waistband seems impractical on the bike...  I have a crotch holster which in theory works on the bike.. it just the thought of a loaded gun pointed at the boys that slows me down on that one...i've done the vest/ jacket pocket carry, but i find that even my G27 is too freakin heavy to do that with..appreciate your input

My leather vest has a zippered inside, deep chest pocket.  A kel-tec .380 is one of the smallest, lightest handguns and goes nicely unnoticed.  It is not cumbersome.  It is, in my experience, dependable, easily maintained and inexpensive.  I have fired boxes of rounds through the 8 round clip without jams.  When riding, I am not wrestling with my waist, ankle or small of my back. It is not a hassle to carry, and I can get to it quickly. (God forbid that would be necessary).  The gun is made in Cocoa, Fla.  Also comes in a .22 cal and can be purchased at most gun stores or all gun shows.  I know the common argument is I want a bigger caliber.....You gotta ask yourself.....will you consistently carry a big caliber, uncomfortable, harder to conceal weapon, or a hassle free, small easy to carry automatic, which by the way has no safety and no hammer to cock.  Safety is in the trigger pull. Quick access, reliable discharge, 8 rounds = dead bad guy.   Thats my .02 worth.           
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2007, 11:58:12 PM »

Went by the range today and tried a Glock 36, had no intention of getting one but just wanted to try it out.  :oops: it came home with me, complete with night sight and laser. And I thought this place only cost me $$$$ in chrome. ???

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2007, 10:08:59 AM »

I agree -- hope I never have to use it.  Waiting for the OK from the gun board to get my permit, then I'll be legal.  (not carrying now w/o permit)

Anybody using the Para Carry .45ACP?  What do you think of it?  Is yours accurate?  Any other suggestions for a .40 or .45 carry without the "horn"?

You should look at the Glock model 36 -very accurate,concealable and stands up to holster wear,sweat and weather.
Look at my post#68 and #69 on page 5 of this thread for more info and a photo of the model 36.

MJZ as you well know you made a great decison to get one. I hope you enjoy it and never "need" it.

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2007, 01:43:25 PM »

Simply, Yes. Fully healed and ready to go. Being I use to train law enforcement officers and competed in competitive IPSC, I'm confident in my decision making and accuracy. Enough said.
Ugly John
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

REGGAB

« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2007, 03:03:01 PM »

You should look at the Glock model 36 -very accurate,concealable and stands up to holster wear,sweat and weather.
Look at my post#68 and #69 on page 5 of this thread for more info and a photo of the model 36.

MJZ as you well know you made a great decison to get one. I hope you enjoy it and never "need" it.

That the big key right there.........never "need" it.  Man I'd hate that, but you gotta do what you gotta do.  Better safe than woulda, shoulda, coulda.

Break-In

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary Edition 513/900
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO3: 1997 FXSTC
« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2007, 06:57:57 PM »

It goes where I go. I carry a Glock 19. easy to conceal

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2007, 08:25:22 PM »

Went by the range today and tried a Glock 36, had no intention of getting one but just wanted to try it out.  :oops: it came home with me, complete with night sight and laser. And I thought this place only cost me $$$$ in chrome. ???

Glad to see we could help light your load(wallet).  Was it new or was it a range gun?
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2007, 09:02:24 PM »

Used but in good condition, price was right! ;D I added the night and laser.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 201

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 22 queries.