Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 588933 times)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2007, 09:27:17 PM »

did you go with the lasermax?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2007, 10:10:23 PM »

You should look at the Glock model 36 -very accurate,concealable and stands up to holster wear,sweat and weather.
Look at my post#68 and #69 on page 5 of this thread for more info and a photo of the model 36.

MJZ as you well know you made a great decison to get one. I hope you enjoy it and never "need" it.

Thank you for the suggestion.  I went and shot the Glock 36, and thought it was a truly nice gun.  I was about ready to buy when I took one more look at the used guns and I ended up with a Sig 239 great condition with a .40 and .357SIG barrel and 3+2 mags (respectively) at a price that was hard to beat.  Plus it shot really well for me.  Also picked up a S & W P229 .38 special 5 shot revolver that fits nicely in a front pocket or anywhere.  Shot pattern is more scattered than the SIG, but still on target.  I think it will be good for most times or when I can't carry the larger SIG. 

I got my CPL when I met with the gun board, so I'm legal. 

Thanks again.

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2007, 02:42:14 PM »

When I carry it's most often a Star PD in 45 cal.Big problem for me is if I head West I go through Canada.Always ask at the border if you have any firearms.No way no how do you want to get caught with a hand gun in Canada!! Picked up a card at a LasVegas gun show last winter for an online homestudy course to get your Utah concealed carry permit.
   www.safearms.com/utah  Never looked into it 'cause I don't carry on the bike.See so many fum ducks afraid I might start shooting just to improve the gene pool.
               bakrds
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2007, 06:50:45 PM »

I tried bore sighting my ar fo rthe 1s time...Did well, 3 dead hogs rootin up my wildflowers on my property in Hammock Grove Fl...
Picked up another kimber 3" 45 today and blasted 200 though it...schweeet.
My Kimber Ultra Carry in SS( with rosewood gripps , mind you) was getting knicked up day to day so the Kimber black was in order.

Miker

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2007, 07:23:17 PM »

Just took the Utah Concealed weapons course,  sent off the paper work no just waiting.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2007, 08:41:25 AM »

Just trying to keep up with all of the hi-po equipment here.

I got a pesky squirrel inside the attic on Saturday with a .22 cal BB cap. Does that quilify for the big Arms Race?

:indian_chief: (Still looking for squirrel in attic. Lots of blood, but no squirrel.)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2007, 08:49:45 AM »

Just trying to keep up with all of the hi-po equipment here.

I got a pesky squirrel inside the attic on Saturday with a .22 cal BB cap. Does that quilify for the big Arms Race?

:indian_chief: (Still looking for squirrel in attic. Lots of blood, but no squirrel.)

You betcha, you ruthless slayer...I hope the foul rodent went outside to croak..

Miker

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2007, 03:40:24 PM »

Raining, 40 degrees and the Titans are playing like chit. So ran up to the local dealer having a sale on anything black 15% off. Found this on the last chance sale table:

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2007, 03:49:15 PM »

Here is the description on Daytonagear.com

The "GB" Model - $55.00 (Retail)

The “GB” model is designed to carry your personal defense weapon. The main zippered pocket, which includes a removable holster, measures 9 inches long by 5 1/2 inches from top to bottom. The front zippered pocket is 8 inches by 4 1/2 inches and has another 2 smaller zippered pockets on the front. The Velcro holster can be placed in any position desired. Pleas observe all local gun laws.

My Glock fits perfect but I'm a little uncomfortable with the idea of magnets against my tank, even if they are sewn in lamb's skin leather. :nixweiss:
But for 30 bucks  :bananarock: :bananarock:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 03:54:19 PM by MJZ »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2007, 03:59:38 PM »

Mark,
Very interesting. I like you would be uncomfortable w/something on the tank. :nervous: All it would take is a little bit of dust/grime on that bag or on the tank to create some problems. >:( Also how accessible is it getting to your CW in that bag while riding?? I may be a little ole school, but I'd much rather have it on my hip as first choice, and then maybe on my ankle as second choice. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2007, 04:06:33 PM »

Mark,
Very interesting. I like you would be uncomfortable w/something on the tank. :nervous: All it would take is a little bit of dust/grime on that bag or on the tank to create some problems. >:( Also how accessible is it getting to your CW in that bag while riding?? I may be a little ole school, but I'd much rather have it on my hip as first choice, and then maybe on my ankle as second choice. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
I agree, plus......not secure enough for me to have my pistol held on w/ magnets.  :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:har! spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2007, 04:27:24 PM »

I've got a Glock 19 and a Sig p229 DAK. 

I just have to take the class in Texas for my CHL.  Now that the weather sucks, I can probably schedule one here real quick. 

I usually ride with at least one or two that carry (one is a LEO) so I feel like I'm covered ;)
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2007, 04:29:15 PM »

Mark,

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I agree, want to buy a Daytona Gear magnetic pistol lambskin bag cheap? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2007, 04:33:06 PM »

I agree, plus......not secure enough for me to have my pistol held on w/ magnets.  :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:har! spyder

The security part is not a problem, these magnets are incredible. As for access, a quick zip and draw but it just found a place in storeroom hell. I'm just not comfortable with anything touching the paint.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2007, 04:38:35 PM »

The security part is not a problem, these magnets are incredible. As for access, a quick zip and draw but it just found a place in storeroom hell. I'm just not comfortable with anything touching the paint.
couldn't a pedestrian just grab the whole bag right off your tank?   :nixweiss:spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 201

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 22 queries.