Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 585164 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #210 on: January 31, 2008, 03:29:37 PM »

There's a gun range north of Fredericksburg that sells it for around $450.00....

:devil:

Is that for the stainless?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #211 on: January 31, 2008, 03:34:34 PM »

Is that for the stainless?

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Yep, according to the site, it's stainless steel, matte ... I guess that means a brushed finish?   :nixweiss:
It's a great price for a stainless handgun.

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #212 on: January 31, 2008, 03:35:28 PM »

Dad absolutely beat it in my head. Point that gun up boy. Is that safety on? Is that gun unloaded? An empty gun is always the one that kills. Now, it's second nature to me. if i'm handling a gun, I'm not afraid of it, but 150% conscious of where it's aimed at all times.

I hear you, if mine ever goes off do to pilot error, it sure as hell won't hit anyone or anything.....unless you count air or dirt.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2008, 03:36:22 PM »

Yep, according to the site, it's stainless steel, matte ... I guess that means a brushed finish?   :nixweiss:
It's a great price for a stainless handgun.

Thanks. I hadn't got caught up in the thread before I noticed you poste the specs/price. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2008, 03:41:01 PM »

My stepson was raised in the city. He's 15 y/o now.Whenever he comes to vist, he absolutely loves to shoot. I started him off with 22's. He graduated to 20 gauge shotguns, then on to a 12 gauge with turkey loads. We bought him a AR15 223 last Christmas. It's made by Rock River Arm Company. I preach safety to him so much he's tired of hearing it. I told him when he's 30 years old, I'll STILL be preaching it, so he just as well to get used to it.

Dad taught me to shoot and hunt when I was about 12 years old. I lost dad about 2 years ago. The memories of the  times we spent together hunting and shooting are precious. I  have those memories with my children, and my stepson too. Here's a photo of the AR15.

My Grandfather spent a lot of time teaching me gun safety, and how to shoot.  He took me to a few turkey shoots back when I was a kid.  I went hunting a few times with friends when I was a teenager, but never killed anything...I just liked being out in the woods, and liked to shoot cans, mistletoe out of the tops of trees with a 22, etc.  It was good time spent with my "Paw" as I called him, and I never forgot the stuff he taught me.  Good job, Ken!!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2008, 03:42:14 PM »

That's close to a Saiga 12g that's just coming out.  Really great for home defense, works just like an AK, that most of us are familiar with.  The Saiga is about $350 currently.  I'm going to get one to replace the Mossberg.  Don't worry too much about collateral damage, a 410 doesn't spread all that much, and by the time it does, you don't have enough energy/pellet size/etc to do any real damage.  IIRC, the Judge goes for about $450.  I'll keep my 12g and 45 bug, thank you very much!
That's good to hear. :2vrolijk_21: My concern was it penetrating drywall if it was used in the house for self defense.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2008, 03:43:41 PM »

That Judge is sweet.  Looks like an addition to the family to me. :2vrolijk_21:
Go big get the AA 12 Assault Shotgun ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2008, 04:13:21 PM »

That's good to hear. :2vrolijk_21: My concern was it penetrating drywall if it was used in the house for self defense.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Gary, I wouldn't worry about that when defending your home, 410 most likely wouldn't have the power and the holes it leaves, well we can bring some of this over and get you handled afterwards :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 04:15:15 PM by Rjob749 »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #218 on: January 31, 2008, 04:16:12 PM »

Gary, I wouldn't worry about that when defending your home, 420 most likely wouldn't have the power and the holes it leaves, well we can bring some of this over and get you handled afterwards :2vrolijk_21:
I was more concerned if there was family member(s) that may have secured themselves in a/that room.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2008, 04:18:51 PM »

I was more concerned if there was family member(s) that may have secured themselves in a/that room.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I figured that, but as stated earlier the dispersal would be tighter than as to miss the intended target by much, but I hear your concern.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #220 on: January 31, 2008, 06:06:21 PM »

went with the springfield for variety, the glock is a great gun for what there made for. i have the extender on the mag, good feel. the springfield seems to be good quality and i like the night sites it has. its amazing to me with all the play in the barrel with this type of design,
that it can group as good as they do, i'm sold. there again there not made for plinking. the 40 cal has more kick and i wouldn't want to shoot it alot.

i used to carry a ss colt mustang ll 380 cause it fit nicely in my back pocket. i got in a situation where i needed it and it failed. i'm glad i can talk about it!.

been kinda looking around for a tazer type weapon, cause i can. but i guess thats like the old saying about bringing a knife to a gun fight.

if more ppl carried, criminals would think twice.....

i declare open season. :huepfenlol2:....

be safe

TN
got a couple of .380s......one is a Colt Gov't.  I've fired many, many boxes of ammo thru them with never a problem.  What happened, was it mag, ammo, or  ???   Glad you survived.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

2006_CVO_HD

• 2008 FLHTCUSE-3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE-3/White Frost & Silver Mist
    • www.harleydavidsonbikers.com
« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2008, 06:12:35 PM »

GLOCK 30 
Kel-Tec P-32
LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU GET ONE!!!!!!

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #222 on: January 31, 2008, 06:33:44 PM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

A .410 will penetrate drywall.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Re:Why do you carry?
« Reply #223 on: January 31, 2008, 07:13:58 PM »

WHY THE GUN IS CIVILIZATION (only fools don't understand)

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force.  If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that's it.
In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force. The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gang banger, and a single gay guy on equal footing with a carload of drunken guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations. These are the people who think that we'd be more civilized if all Guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for a [armed] mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the muggers potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat--it has no validity when most of a mugger's potential marks are armed.

People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that's the exact opposite of a civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then there's the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser. People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don't constitute lethal force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip at worst.

The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level. The gun is the only weapon that's as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weight lifter. It simply wouldn't work as well as a force equalizer if it wasn't both lethal and easily employable.

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation...and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

Credited to:  Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret) Hoo-Rah!
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

resqdoc

• Full CVO Member
  • de oppresso libre
    • MT

« Reply #224 on: January 31, 2008, 07:27:52 PM »

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him, 'Why do carry a 45?'.  The Ranger responded with, 'Because they don't make a.46.'

6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm.  'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol.  Are you expecting trouble?'
'NO Ma'am.  If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'

8. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

Comments:
I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house.  To which I said I did.  She said, 'well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!'  To which I said, 'of course it is loaded, can't work without bullets..'  She then asked, 'Are you that  afraid of someone evil coming into your house?'  My reply was, 'No not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching on fire either, but I have fire extinguishers
around, and THEY ARE ALL LOADED.'

Parting note:   An unloaded gun is just a club.
2007 FLHRSE3 with D&D Fatcats, SERT, AK-40 & Bitubo 330 mm, Glide-Pro, Clearview windscreen
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 201

Page created in 0.327 seconds with 22 queries.