Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 588159 times)

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #255 on: February 18, 2008, 06:28:25 PM »

I have been looking for one here in CLT I need the ambi set up I am a big fan of 45s in the 1911 style but have been told that the HK is a Rolls Royce   I have an HK Super 90 shotgun  it is a great gun...  I want to see one in person but not to many dealers stock them  . what is your thoughts on Kimber ...

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #256 on: February 18, 2008, 06:34:17 PM »

maybe you guys can help, i'm looking for a bolt for an old Marlin 81 tube fed .22
Neal, sometimes it's better on the old, worn out guns/rifles to just hang 'um on the wall for sentimental reasons and buy a new one......rebuilding 'um can cost more than replacement.  That's what the gunsmiths are telling me, anyway.  :-\ spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

REGGAB

« Reply #257 on: February 18, 2008, 07:53:11 PM »

I have been looking for one here in CLT I need the ambi set up I am a big fan of 45s in the 1911 style but have been told that the HK is a Rolls Royce   I have an HK Super 90 shotgun  it is a great gun...  I want to see one in person but not to many dealers stock them  . what is your thoughts on Kimber ...

I do not have any personal experience with the Kimber line-up beyond examining them.  They appear to be fine weapons upon examination and as indicated by asking price, but that price is a bit much for me.  Others here have them, and perhaps they'll chime in.  I'm quite happy with my H&K and Walther.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #258 on: February 18, 2008, 08:58:48 PM »

Neal, sometimes it's better on the old, worn out guns/rifles to just hang 'um on the wall for sentimental reasons and buy a new one......rebuilding 'um can cost more than replacement.  That's what the gunsmiths are telling me, anyway.  :-\ spyder

i hear ya but i love this rifle, it might even be as simple as a pin that i can get for a couple of bucks. i cant seem to find the parts list i got from marlin years ago. gonna have to write to them again

:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #259 on: February 18, 2008, 09:09:37 PM »

The latest addition to my hand gun collection!

HK 45 Compact

:2vrolijk_21:

07hd110...you suck! jk - very nice pistol! :2vrolijk_21:

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #260 on: February 18, 2008, 09:17:51 PM »

maybe you guys can help, i'm looking for a bolt for an old Marlin 81 tube fed .22

Neal, do they have gun shows in New England?  If so, that would be the place to find your part.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 09:21:46 PM by 07hd110 »

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #261 on: February 18, 2008, 10:32:55 PM »

I do not have any personal experience with the Kimber line-up beyond examining them.  They appear to be fine weapons upon examination and as indicated by asking price, but that price is a bit much for me.  Others here have them, and perhaps they'll chime in.  I'm quite happy with my H&K and Walther.

Kimber is a great gun  (made in Brooklyn?) but it is still the same old 1911 frame and for some reason I hate carrying cocked and locked on a 1911
It is just me I guess but that safety is easily moved and the trigger even easier.  The H&K p2000 I can carry cocked and locked (I do not) or I carry 1 in the chamber and let the first shot be double action.......I am much more settled with that situation.......and H&K is a great gun also (not quite as heavy.
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #262 on: February 18, 2008, 10:36:45 PM »

another

you would think for the price of those guns, they would give you the pin removal tool to change the grips?  and that key to lock gun down is not as easy as I thought it should be........oh well what do you expect for $800.00 - $1000.00  plastic frame gun anymore?
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #263 on: February 18, 2008, 10:45:42 PM »

To each his own...........No Gun has the smooth action of a Colt..............but no Gun Trades like a Smith.  As far as Auto's go..............the Smith & Wesson Model 39-2 (9mm), is hard to beat.  While I tend to like older Guns, revolvers are my choice.  Especially, packin' 2 at a time!  ;) Later--HUBBARD
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 11:49:19 AM by HUBBARD »
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #264 on: February 18, 2008, 10:57:06 PM »

To each his own...........No Gun has the smooth action of a Colt..............but no Gun Trades like a Smith.  As far as Auot's go..............the Smith & Wesson Model 39-2 (9mm), is hard to beat.  While I tend to like older Guns, revolvers are my choice.  Especially, packin' 2 at a time!  ;) Later--HUBBARD

My colt Python 6" is extremely smooth ( I had the trigger worked to get the rest of the creep out of the gun)  they are getting hard to find but My S&W
586 6" is also sweet after the trigger work done.....(the colt is still my favorite) and the S&W 686 8" stainless is a workhorse but not a carry piece
(none of my revolvers are really for carry...just to big)     
Formally FLHTCUSE3

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #265 on: February 18, 2008, 11:02:45 PM »

To each his own...........No Gun has the smooth action of a Colt..............but no Gun Trades like a Smith.  As far as Auot's go..............the Smith & Wesson Model 39-2 (9mm), is hard to beat.  While I tend to like older Guns, revolvers are my choice.  Especially, packin' 2 at a time!  ;) Later--HUBBARD

Just noticed as a fellow West Virginian  (we like our guns) I no longer live in WVA but born in Princeton (coal country)   I need to get back and visit Family
have you heard of names like   Matoka, Hiawatha ,  the old Roanoke Coal and Coke company had mines back there...
Formally FLHTCUSE3

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #266 on: February 19, 2008, 12:38:43 AM »

anyone on here have exeprience with Kel-Tec?  in particular the .380

i took one off a DUI the other night...  small, light, gave the appearance of being well made...

sadly, it went into evidence...

but im thinking about getting one

any thoughts?

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #267 on: February 19, 2008, 10:48:30 AM »

The Kimber's are great.  We've got 3 of them and they all work and shoot excellent.  Good triggers and action.  Tough to beat for the money.  The KelTec's are simple, very basic, inexpensive and will shoot "minute of bad guy".  Not the most accurate, but when you're typically shooting less than 5 yards how much more do you need?  I'm contemplating one as a bug.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #268 on: February 19, 2008, 11:31:59 AM »

Just noticed as a fellow West Virginian  (we like our guns) I no longer live in WVA but born in Princeton (coal country)   I need to get back and visit Family
have you heard of names like   Matoka, Hiawatha ,  the old Roanoke Coal and Coke company had mines back there...

Dam, it's a small world!  I was raised in a Coal Camp, 4 miles from Matoaka, in a little place called Dott, WV, right above Springton.  My Dad was the Tipple Boss there, and my Mother was a School Teacher, there at Springton Elementary School.  Taught me in the 3rd Grade!  My Dad was killed there in a Mining Accident in 1972.  At that time it was owned by CONSOL, who purchased it from Pocahontas Fuel Company.  The name of the Mine was "Turkey Gap."  I'd bet I know some of your Family.  PM me, and we'll talk.  Later--HUBBARD 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 11:50:20 AM by HUBBARD »
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #269 on: February 19, 2008, 11:55:13 AM »

My colt Python 6" is extremely smooth ( I had the trigger worked to get the rest of the creep out of the gun)  they are getting hard to find but My S&W
586 6" is also sweet after the trigger work done.....(the colt is still my favorite) and the S&W 686 8" stainless is a workhorse but not a carry piece
(none of my revolvers are really for carry...just to big)     

I've got a Python too, but I think mine is an 8".  I'll have to look.  Haven't had it out in ages.  I've got a 686, too, and I believe it is a 4".  I'll report tomorrow.  May send pics.  I wouldn't take anything for my Python.  One of the older ones.  Mfg. in 1985.  Smooth as silk.  Later--HUBBARD
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 201

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.