Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 587834 times)

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #270 on: February 19, 2008, 03:37:16 PM »

I've got a Python too, but I think mine is an 8".  I'll have to look.  Haven't had it out in ages.  ..... I'll report tomorrow.  May send pics.  I wouldn't take anything for my Python.  One of the older ones.   ....
AAAACCCKKKK!!!!!!!   My eyes! my eyes.....       :huepfenlol2:

Ok, seriously, I like the Kimbers... now.  Just picked up AnOtHeR ultra-carry. (that makes three now..  I just had to have all the colors!) Very well made and engineered gun.  Much smoother than any 1911 type colt I have ever purchased.  The damn thing is same hole accurate on the ransom rest too! (not that I can shoot that well, but it'll sure take the wind out of my excuses...)  I guess I've got 3 or 40 short guns now, of various different type, most worked over pretty heavily for trigger and accuracy, and this particular example really impressed me.  I don't see any signs of re-working or trigger/internal work, and it's just perfect! three cheers for the factory boys!!!

Of course, I can't compete with pictures of my 8" python, posted on the internet...... so I'm going to go back out in the yard and shoot a can ot two....
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #271 on: February 19, 2008, 03:51:46 PM »

AAAACCCKKKK!!!!!!!   My eyes! my eyes.....        :huepfenlol2:

Ok, seriously, I like the Kimbers... now.  Just picked up AnOtHeR ultra-carry. (that makes three now..  I just had to have all the colors!) Very well made and engineered gun.  Much smoother than any 1911 type colt I have ever purchased.  The damn thing is same hole accurate on the ransom rest too! (not that I can shoot that well, but it'll sure take the wind out of my excuses...)  I guess I've got 3 or 40 short guns now, of various different type, most worked over pretty heavily for trigger and accuracy, and this particular example really impressed me.  I don't see any signs of re-working or trigger/internal work, and it's just perfect! three cheers for the factory boys!!!

Of course, I can't compete with pictures of my 8" python, posted on the internet...... so I'm going to go back out in the yard and shoot a can ot two....

Not to worry Cool, it's probable a 2' snub nose!
 :)

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #272 on: February 19, 2008, 04:44:56 PM »

maybe you guys can help, i'm looking for a bolt for an old Marlin 81 tube fed .22

Neil, one of the guys I work with is a gunsmith and collector. He gave me this address for Numrichs in NY. Check this out and see if you can find what you need.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #273 on: February 19, 2008, 04:55:07 PM »

everybody should pass this video on to your mailing lists

Subject: Still Think Gun Control Works?

Well, it doesn't seem to have helped - even though  there are better than
35,000 federal, state and local laws directed at  restricting gun
owenership......

_

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #274 on: February 19, 2008, 10:44:42 PM »

I have two six inch Pythons. The nickle one is the first hand gun that I ever purchased, mid seventies. The blue one used to be my Dad's. He was an Illinois state trooper. The state used to make them buy their own guns. He had a .38 and had to have the Python when they came out. He traded the .38 for it. He carried the Python until the state finally issued the  nine millimeter auto. Early ammo problems with the auto made him think about going back to the Python but that got worked out. Bad guys high on drugs wouldn't go down with the early issued ammo. He had to return the auto when he retired. My Dad should really write a book about his time in the service and law enforcement. He was an Illinois state trooper from 1949 to 1978. Then the local chief of police for several years.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #275 on: February 20, 2008, 11:46:59 AM »

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #276 on: February 20, 2008, 12:05:56 PM »

check this out

http://www.ruger.com/LCP/index.html

Nice.  I have always liked Ruger....durable and affordable.  I have a P89 and a Super Blackhawk 44 - both great guns.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #277 on: February 20, 2008, 12:20:58 PM »

Nice.  I have always liked Ruger....durable and affordable.  I have a P89 and a Super Blackhawk 44 - both great guns.

9 ounces..less than an inch wide...  i may have a new toy!

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #278 on: February 20, 2008, 12:23:41 PM »

Yep, I will have to check them out when they come out.  .380 is a little small, but might be a nice pocket gun.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #279 on: February 20, 2008, 01:57:18 PM »

Now if you have decided to carry a firearm , you should try to stick with one weapon style and one method of carry. This will help build muscle memory and under stress you will reach instintively to the same spot and activate the weapon in the same manner without thinking about how the weapon functions today vs. what you may have carried yesterday etc. It would be a shame if a shooting situation arose and all you grabbed was a love handle or armpit hair instead of your gun.Then get in lots of pratice wearing what you would in everyday carry. Jackets/chaps, boots etc. Also try different positions as if you were seated on the bike or in a car/truck. How easy is the weapon to draw?
Look at the average shooting situation and you will realize that they are fast,short distance and usually one or two on one. There are always strange senarios where one guy is against a gang at 100 yards but that is rare. You also are not very likely to fire more than a few rounds so make it count with accuracy but hit with the largest caliber you can accurately hit your intended target. Remember that person will not just drop like in the movies with one shot but the bigger the caliber the more likely it will happen with less rounds. You will be held legally responible for each and every shot you fire so overpenetration or a stray round hitting a bystander is a concern of course.
When carrying a weapon you need to be concerned with maintenace more frequently due to weather and things like sweat. The finnish should be very durable and not shiny so it will be less visible to others when you want it concealed.
I personally like the Glock model 36 as a potent package that is concealable and durable and accurate.
Caliber
.45 AUTO
System
Safe Action

LENGTH
6.77in/172mm
HEIGHT
4.76in/121mm

WIDTH
1.13in/28.5mm
Barrel Height
1.26in/32mm

Line of Sight
6.18in/157mm

Barrel LENGTH
3.78in/96mm

WEIGHT
20.11oz/570g
LOADED (~)
26.99oz/765g

Mag. Capacity
Magazine Mass
Empty: 2.40oz./68g
Full: ~6.88oz/~195g

Trigger Pull
5.5lbs/2.5kg
Trigger Travel
0.5in/12.5mm
   Expressly "thinned" for maximum concealability, its frame designed for an easy reach to the trigger for even the shortest adult fingers, this 7-shot .45 Auto is built with "maximum concealment with maximum power" in mind.

Barrel Rifling
right hand, Octagonal
Length of Twist
9.84in/250mm

Internal Locking System
Available
Number of Safeties

I just wanted to repost part 2 of my original post on this subject again since it has moved back to page 5 of this long thread.
When you compare the .380 mentioned above by several to the Glock 36 you can see that there is not much difference in dimensions but there is ballistic difference between a .380 vs. a .45 shot for shot. I do know that a hit with a .380 beats a miss with a .45 but all things considered I would rather use the .45 for personal defense.
The dimensional difference I saw between the two is that the .45 is 10 Ounces heaver, about 1 1/2" longer, 1" taller and about 3/10" wider.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #280 on: February 20, 2008, 02:33:09 PM »

I just wanted to repost part 2 of my original post on this subject again since it has moved back to page 5 of this long thread.
When you compare the .380 mentioned above by several to the Glock 36 you can see that there is not much difference in dimensions but there is ballistic difference between a .380 vs. a .45 shot for shot. I do know that a hit with a .380 beats a miss with a .45 but all things considered I would rather use the .45 for personal defense.
The dimensional difference I saw between the two is that the .45 is 10 Ounces heaver, about 1 1/2" longer, 1" taller and about 3/10" wider.

good info.
I carry a G27 in 40 cal right now much of the time.
there are conditions when even  its just too freaking heavy.  many times i opt to not carry under those conditions.  the .380 would fill that gap.

a .380 with good ammo is still a decent punch..and , most certainly better than an empty hand!

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #281 on: February 20, 2008, 03:40:36 PM »

one thing i did come away with by obtaining the cwp was the libility that comes with packing.

like mentioned above stray fire is still deadly. and practice practice pratice. no time to think in the heat of the moment.

my springfield has a safety where the gun has to be gripped to fire. i like it. :2vrolijk_21:

be safe

TN

the next gun show i'm gettin a judge. :coolblue:
Wut the hell was that maneuver

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #282 on: February 20, 2008, 04:06:20 PM »

I have a 36 and I love it. Beats the heck out of these Kel-Tecs. I think they are made by Ronco, you can buy them on late night infomercials. If you order a Popel pocket fisherman and a Ronco veg-i-matic, they will send you a Ronco shoot-a-matic (Kel-Tec) for free. ;D ;D ;D

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #283 on: February 20, 2008, 04:31:27 PM »

I have a 36 and I love it. Beats the heck out of these Kel-Tecs. I think they are made by Ronco, you can buy them on late night infomercials. If you order a Popel pocket fisherman and a Ronco veg-i-matic, they will send you a Ronco shoot-a-matic (Kel-Tec) for free. ;D ;D ;D

lol

Biguglydude

« Reply #284 on: February 20, 2008, 05:37:51 PM »

I also carry a Glock 27.  In a leather holster at 3 O'Clock.  95% of the time I have it with me.  Feel kind of naked without it!  I carry it into Ky, Tn, Va, W.Va, North and South Carolina when I go to Charlotte, Martinsville and Daytona NASCAR races.  I lock it in a box in those states that just don't understand.  "wink, wink"    I need to get my Florida permit.   :jack:  Don't leave home without it!  :2vrolijk_21:
Why do you have to 'put your two cents in'... but it's only a 'penny for your thoughts'?
Where's that extra penny going?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 201

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 23 queries.